Yellow | Boneyard Time

I realize the Yellow forum is basically the only active one on truckingboards but maybe it’s time for the boneyard. I think I’ve had enough of economic forensics class being taught here by overly qualified steering wheel holders. I don’t think im alone in this either. Let’s say goodbye to yellow and goodbye to the Teamsters influence in LTL trucking. Time to move on……….
Reality is difficult for some to accept. Even when there's nothing left to hold on to. They hold on anyway. Hence you have 22 thousand jobs lost in one day which didn't happen overnight.
Good Luck to All!

I know I would have never had a career in trucking without the union.
Blade can tell you about conditions in the 50s, but it is only what he hears or reads about, he wasn't there.
Personally, I would rather have a sister in a house of (a horizontal refreshment) than live in a HOA.
In fact, no HOA would allow me in their association.
My maintenance does cost more than Blade's because of our high-priced toys, tractor, mower, dump trailer, stump grinder, boat, and other things, but we enjoy doing our own thing and have never had to hire outside help.
And no, I don't think he deserves a pension.
I asked him before if he had ever made a positive post about the union, but I haven't seen his reply.
I'm sure his union wages never helped him recover from his bankruptcy.
I'll get off my soapbox before BD calls me Sideways.
Say what you will, I am nothing but honest. My life is an open book. All you have to do is ask. How many thousands post here? Do you think I am the only one to file bankruptcy? No, I'm just the only one to admit it.

Say what you will, I am nothing but honest. My life is an open book. All you have to do is ask. How many thousands post here? Do you think I am the only one to file bankruptcy? No, I'm just the only one to admit it.
Some people have admitted it on here.....one in particular had an impact on me....he is the one who really got me thinking about becoming debt free and how bad it was to carry a lot of debt...I had far too much credit card debt when I started reading these boards about 17 years ago (didn't register till 2016, but read for about a decade before that)...he never called anyone stupid for their poor choices, he actually had empathy for people because he made the same mistakes....I respect everyone who has seen the light, but not so much for someone who makes the same mistakes and puts others down for it...

But you still can't say anything positive about the union, so don't keep saying you're not anti-union.

But yet... they not only keep getting away with it... it get's much worse as time goes by... that's what is known as the Federal Mafia!!!

People can say what they want to about Jimmy Hoffa Sr's mob ties concerning the misuse of pension funds but it was the members who also benefited from those dealings... just as it did with helping take away all that power from the companies. The Federal Mafia on the other hand... cater to the bankers and corporations along with lining their own pockets off the backs and souls of the working class. With Hoffa... the working class benefited and with the Federal Mafia... it's everybody but the working class who benefits which even includes the illegals as well while the burden of it falls on the working class. That's what Hoffa's mistake was because the Federal Mafia hates competition. The difference in a nutshell... Hoffa united while the Federal Mafia divides... as simple as that!!!
Organizers & strikers were beaten & some killed by corporate hired thugs. When your back is literally against the wall you are looking for friends & the mob was just that. A corporate controlled government is not a friend of labor.

But you still can't say anything positive about the union, so don't keep saying you're not anti-union.
Unions have their place. The problem is the biggest of them, IBT and UAW, have gone bats+++ crazy with their demands. Truck drivers and auto workers expecting to make more in total compensation than attorneys and resident doctors is insane. That doesn't help working people. It just raises the cost of everything or as with Yellow and the other thousand unionized companies, their jobs disappear.

Unions have their place. The problem is the biggest of them, IBT and UAW, have gone bats+++ crazy with their demands. Truck drivers and auto workers expecting to make more in total compensation than attorneys and resident doctors is insane. That doesn't help working people. It just raises the cost of everything or as with Yellow and the other thousand unionized companies, their jobs disappear.
I assume this is your idea of a positive post for the union.
Blade, you would make a good politician, but a poor excuse for a union member.
In your post 322 you mention your gated community, We also have one down here, but we're undecided if they're designed to keep out people or keep you people inside.:1036316054:

Union truck drivers (when you figure inflation) are making less now than they were in the past....same job as when you did it, but for less money..

Unions have their place.Truck drivers and auto workers expecting to make more in total compensation than attorneys and resident doctors is insane.

It's funny you should mention attorneys and resident doctors.... so let's take a look at the reason why those attorneys and resident doctors you mentioned are so low...

First the resident doctors...

6303260114.png

https://www.auamed.org/india-blog/do-doctors-make-money-during-residency/

So you see... thank God the trucking industry isn't controlled by Congress and we still have the unions representing us... at least for now anyway. Just think what those in the trucking industry would be getting paid if it was left up to Congress. Hell... you would be in your glory!!!

Now the attorneys...

Across sectors, lawyers' median real income peaked at $134,005 in 2010 and has gradually decline since so the faculty of Old Dominion University’s economics department, analyzed data ranging from lawyer pay and populations and concluded that the combination of an oversupply of lawyers and declining demand for lawyer’s services is driving the trend.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/legal...-past-two-decades-economists-find-2022-08-23/

Nothing the trucking industry has to worry about when it comes to an oversupply and a declining demand for truck drivers...

7132049509.png

https://crst.com/demand-remains-high/

Looks like the only thing that we have to worry about is the unions going away and having Congress deciding our fate like they do for the resident doctors.

Now... don't you think that this statement of yours is ridiculous...

Truck drivers and auto workers expecting to make more in total compensation than attorneys and resident doctors is insane.

On second thought... you don't have to... this reply of yours will suffice...

8924438973.png

How was the 15% voluntary? The union told the members to keep voting until they got it right.
Easy. You continued to show up for work voluntarily for 15% less pay over obtaining other employment. Not saying you should have done one or the other, that was your choice to make for your situation and priorities. More emphasis that it was voluntary. Nobody forced you to trade your skills, time and effort for that rate. You chose to.

Blade, regardless of what others have posted, the reasons union truck drivers make more than attorneys is because of the number of attorneys per population. Truck drivers add value to a product. We take cargo from where it won't sell to where it will sell. Lawyers add very little value to society, it takes at least 7 years of college (4 undergraduate and 3 graduate) and costs 10's to 100's of thousands of dollars. A massive investment in time, energy and funds. But most people don't need Lawyers. And everyone needs Truck drivers. So the question is who has the more important job, who adds value to every individual who lives in America life. The lawyer who you may never use or the truck drivers who delivers the items you buy?

Blade, regardless of what others have posted, the reasons union truck drivers make more than attorneys is because of the number of attorneys per population. Truck drivers add value to a product. We take cargo from where it won't sell to where it will sell. Lawyers add very little value to society, it takes at least 7 years of college (4 undergraduate and 3 graduate) and costs 10's to 100's of thousands of dollars. A massive investment in time, energy and funds. But most people don't need Lawyers. And everyone needs Truck drivers. So the question is who has the more important job, who adds value to every individual who lives in America life. The lawyer who you may never use or the truck drivers who delivers the items you buy?
No one needs a lawyer till they need one. Just saying. :idunno:

One of my nephews has his own law firm, he does quire well. The attorneys who work for him make more than truck drivers but they are among the best. My grandson has recently graduated college & plans to also attend law school. He will have to take out a loan. I payed his college tuition but I don't have the $200K to spare for his law degree. If he scores high enough on the qualifying test he will have some help with expenses.
Many cases lawyers take on don't pay unless they win & that depends on the amount of the settlement.