FedEx Freight | bonus checks

I guess I am just different than most. Was raised on a farm, and did without for much of my life. Seen my relatives move from LTL carrier to LTL carrier.. most are not in business anymore. Seen good times and bad, but have learned to accept what I get, be happy with my life, and expect no tomorrow.

Ever since the bonus program, hourly has recieved a good bonus, yet many still gripe and complain about what they DONT have. I have come to realize, no matter how you put it, some people are just born to complain and be unhappy.

Those people can't help it. It's just who they are, and they cannot stand to see someone else that is happy with themselves or their life.

I make a good living, I have a loving happy family, I am in good health, I live in a non-poverty stricken country, I am able to choose my own religion, drive my own car, own my own house. I feel no need to complain about something EXTRA that I might or might not get. I plan on recieving nothing... and In turn I am happy with anything extra that I might recieve.

I am through debating this!

I will save my energy for something that is worth it!

God Bless!

Well said gtrdone I totally agree !

THE THREAD IS ABOUT BONUS CHECKS!!!!!

WHEN HAVE THEY LIED TO YOU ABOUT A BONUS CHECK???????????????????

i was unaware that free money was such a hot topic to argue about, come on guys how can you complain about extra money for doing a job you get paid to do week in and week out (paid very well i might add) grtdone is right in the 3 yrs i was hourly i cant ever recall being lied to about bonus checks. I was in a pershift once and the person giving the pershift told us the quater was ending we would be getting the checks soon how much they would be he didnt know at the time but he said "guys expect nothing and when you get something extra be thankful for all you have" think about it, how many other LTL carriers have a bonus check program ? or one for that matter that is paid on time at the end of a quater and you know come friday your pay check will be in your acount and so will that little extra sum of money that says thank you for a job well done!!!

I guess I am just different than most. Was raised on a farm, and did without for much of my life. Seen my relatives move from LTL carrier to LTL carrier.. most are not in business anymore. Seen good times and bad, but have learned to accept what I get, be happy with my life, and expect no tomorrow.

Ever since the bonus program, hourly has recieved a good bonus, yet many still gripe and complain about what they DONT have. I have come to realize, no matter how you put it, some people are just born to complain and be unhappy.

Those people can't help it. It's just who they are, and they cannot stand to see someone else that is happy with themselves or their life.

I make a good living, I have a loving happy family, I am in good health, I live in a non-poverty stricken country, I am able to choose my own religion, drive my own car, own my own house. I feel no need to complain about something EXTRA that I might or might not get. I plan on recieving nothing... and In turn I am happy with anything extra that I might recieve.

I am through debating this!

I will save my energy for something that is worth it!

God Bless!
Grtdone ....I know we talked some a long while back with PMs .... and I still have not changed my mind ......but I have to tell you ... THIS IS A GOOD POST ....slackdragon!...:1036316054:

Update after the second month of the fourth quarter.. Not bad at all guys.. Maxed out on 3 of 4 categories with Safety again being the curse.. But improved from last quarter.

Service Reliability = 99.093%.. Maximum level of the 98.770% target goal.

Claims = 0.41%.. Maximum level of the 0.50% target goal.

Safety = 12.21.. Below Minimum of a 11.75 minimum and 10.68 target goal.

Unit Cost = $51.19.. This is Maximum of a $53.96 target goal.

Excellent job guys..

Distribution of any 4rd quarter payout will be the end of July.

Update for the final quarter of fiscal year 2008.. Outstanding job guys!! I cannot say enough to you for what this means to me.. I take pride in these numbers and to see that we finally hit all 4 sectors makes me happy.... This last quarter I volunteered to head up the safety committee at my hub.. and whether I helped make a difference does not matter to me.. the fact that we all made a difference excites me! We maxed out on 3 of 4 categories and finally hit between minimum and target on safety. So you guys are getting paid for all four sectors!

Service Reliability = 99.090%.. Maximum level of the 98.770% target goal.

Claims = 0.40%.. Maximum level of the 0.50% target goal.

Safety = 11.60.. Above Minimum of 11.75 and between a 10.68 target goal.

Unit Cost = $50.99.. This is well beyond Maximum of a $53.96 target goal.

Excellent job guys..

Distribution of 4th quarter payout will be the end of 7/25/2008.

From me to you.. all jokes aside, I myself want to thank you guys. I take pride in these numbers because at my hub.. nothing gives me more pleasure than to give the preshift breaking down these criterias and letting my team know that they will be recieving a check.. Call me a company man, call me a red shirt.. I don't care.. Nothing is better than an engaged work force, and at my hub.. I have one! Many of you on here are part of it!.. I am only here for my own personal adrenaline rush, and you guys give me my fix every night!.. We are in hard times, a rough economy.. many of us have recieved bad new in the past few weeks.. But these number are a reflection of what we do day in and day out.

For those of you that work with me nightly.. you know that I take this stuff seriously.. I want to especially thank you! Without you I would be nothing more than fingers on a keyboard.. It's because of each of you that I wake up and want to come to work!

Excellent job guys.. be sure to buy me a cold one with that check!

Just curious, how much are these bonus checks you speak of? On average. Since our bonus program will no doubt go away, I'm wondering what we have to look forward to.

Just curious, how much are these bonus checks you speak of? On average. Since our bonus program will no doubt go away, I'm wondering what we have to look forward to.

Since I don't get one... lol.... I will let these other guys let you know.. It's based on the hours you work, and either your pay or how long you have been with the company.. Geez, the more I think the more I am not sure..

I will just let these other guys pm you or let you know

its all free money, none you expected, yea, we earn it?, but if they had not started giving it to us we would have never missed it. Some complain about the way it is taxed, some complain it isnt enough. I am gratefull we get it. Yes, I do believe that we are having the purple puked up at us, when you are asking a specific question, and get the corprate purple spin. Have been getting that a lot with regardds to the realignment process. A lot of verbage, not answers. Oh well, Rules 1 thru 3-- Drive Truck-- Get Check-- Drink BEEEEER!!! Over and out