FedEx Freight | Bonus

You say that like it's a bad thing! I go months at a time without seeing my SCM and it doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

You are one of the lucky ones... I remember when that was the case for most of us. We just did our job, hassle free, and went home. Oh the fond memories.

:argue: Don't make me split you two up too.

:ShakeHandsNah: RC and ST are going to be standing in two separate corners on the playground again .

Scratches on stack???
That's the city driver 48 footer tractor modification. Consider it "modified"...:)

You say that like it's a bad thing! I go months at a time without seeing my SCM and it doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

It doesn't bother me except when he's in City dispatch cutting up with the OM. It seems unprofessional considering that would be an ideal time for the OM to introduce us, or for him to take the initiative to introduce himself. I know I could introduce myself but why should I if he doesn't care?

The Bonus of 1% is in your account as of Friday, July 18th. My TM showed it to me personally, in his office. I'll take whatever they want to give me. It is a lot better then giving back 15% and 7% of your pay like Yellow and ABF.

If you use direct deposit and use online banking, you could check your pending transactions and see if it is showing yet.

The Bonus of 1% is in your account as of Friday, July 18th. My TM showed it to me personally, in his office. I'll take whatever they want to give me. It is a lot better then giving back 15% and 7% of your pay like Yellow and ABF.

And it would have been a LOT more if they had not spent Huge amounts of cash (earnings) doing that big stock buy back. Just saying. It drove the price of stock up but reduced earnings, which it what your bonus is based on. A manipulation of the numbers? Nah, couldn't be...

And it would have been a LOT more if they had not spent Huge amounts of cash (earnings) doing that big stock buy back. Just saying. It drove the price of stock up but reduced earnings, which it what your bonus is based on. A manipulation of the numbers? Nah, couldn't be...
Very well may be, but that pretty standard procedure.
Not that I like having a reduced bonus check, but thats business 101.

Wouldn't have been that big an issue to me except that after the buy back, Fred, Bill L, and one other mucky muck sold large blocks of stock.

when accidents and damages come back down that's when we will see the big checks that we used to see. I used to think they were blowing smoke by not paying out until I started doing some digging. accidents and freight damages have almost doubled since those days of good bonus checks. I had to face the fact that the company wasn't blowing smoke. Our bonus is a reflection of what the company is doing. People need to stop placing the blame on the wrong people and start looking in the mirror. WE effect our bonus checks.

Still, the increased Damages & Accident coincides with the ongoing push for higher and higher production numbers. Most veteran dock guys are gone, replaced inexperienced youngsters. When was the last time we heard about the importance of reducing damages? Just look at the dock operation at any center. Speed is 1st and foremost. Safety? Damage free? Not so much, as long as you have your seat belt on.

1% is better than 0%. That's how I see it. They don't have to payout anything period. But they are. I will take it and be greatful. Its more than I had before. If you have so much money that a 1% check of $400 or more is to small to waste your time with.....why are you still working? Because you have to, just like the rest of us. Just be thankful that you are getting something instead of nothing.

Still, the increased Damages & Accident coincides with the ongoing push for higher and higher production numbers. Most veteran dock guys are gone, replaced inexperienced youngsters. When was the last time we heard about the importance of reducing damages? Just look at the dock operation at any center. Speed is 1st and foremost. Safety? Damage free? Not so much, as long as you have your seat belt on.

The OS&D is out of hand. Most customers hate to see us pull up. There is no "hello", but there usually is a "what did y'all tear up today?" If it isn't damaged it's short.

1% is better than 0%. That's how I see it. They don't have to payout anything period. But they are. I will take it and be greatful. Its more than I had before. If you have so much money that a 1% check of $400 or more is to small to waste your time with.....why are you still working? Because you have to, just like the rest of us. Just be thankful that you are getting something instead of nothing.
Amen. Very well said.

Actually... They didn't "choose" to pay anything. That whole bonus program was started many years ago, to OFFSET a less than adequate raise that year. If we reached certain target goals, we received X % bonus. They did reduce the payout by doing the stock buyback, but we still qualified for it (earned it), therefore we got it. I do enjoy getting the check, but I still wonder what it would've been. We could probably figure it out with $ figures made public.

Side note: For a while, when 1st implemented, we got very similar check every QUARTER. Gradually they pretty much stopped, except the annual one based only on profits.