BREAKING NEWS : NFL hammers Saints for bounties

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
The NFL came down hard on the New Orleans Saints on Wednesday. Saints coach Sean Payton has been suspended for one year, former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended for the first eight regular-season games, the team was fined $500,000 and lost two second-round draft picks (one in 2012 and '13) as a result of a bounty program conducted by the team during the 2009-11 seasons.

Saints assistant coach Joe Vitt also was suspended six games and fined $100,000. The NFL said in its statement that the suspensions for Payton, Loomis and Vitt are without pay.

Payton's suspension is effective April 1. Commissioner Roger Goodell will meet with Williams after the 2012 season and determine the coach's status...................

Sean Payton of New Orleans Saints banned one year for bounties - ESPN

Also from the above link defensive coordinator Gregg Williams ( Now with the Rams ) is suspended indefinitely from the NFL !!

I knew that they were going to get spanked pretty hard.......but wow, that's a beat down. Much worse than I expected.

Supposedly the NFL is now looking into players that helped with the bounties. Could be more to come. Maybe this is why Brees isn't signing a contract?

Well, as bad as I hate to say it, deservedly so...I know this kind of things have been going on since the dawn of the NFL...So we will live with it..And move on...I don't think the owners had a vote in this,but if Benson can live with it,I guess it's OK..Now, on the flip side...What if the Saints go to the Superbowl,after all this? That shiner might show up on Godells face a little brighter...Go Saints....

Supposedly the NFL is now looking into players that helped with the bounties. Could be more to come. Maybe this is why Brees isn't signing a contract?

Roadrunner, the contract is not what Bress "is not signing"...He's not signing the Franchise Tag agreement..And he doesn't have to,he can sit out..But if I know Brees, he's a competitor, he'll get the contract done,or demand a trade soon...

If it ever comes out who squealed,their may be some real bounties,lol..

UPDATE : Warren Sapp fingers Jeremy Shockey as the Saints’ bounty snitch
With the Saints' bounty scandal coming to its conclusion on Wednesday (at least, the beginning of the conclusion), it makes sense to look back at how it started. At some point along the way, obviously, someone in the Saints organization said something to someone that maybe should've stayed in house.

Who's the rat? According to Warren Sapp, it's former Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey. Here's how their Twitter conversation unfolded, complete with denial from Shock-J.Sapp later defended his stance on NFL network, saying his source was very close to the situation and he trusted what his source told him:

"I trust my source unequivocally." Sapp said. The former NFL star did emphasize that he didn't get the information from the NFL. "I did not call anybody at the league and I did not receive any information from the league."....................

Warren Sapp fingers Jeremy Shockey as the Saints

Shockey-Twitter-Snitch-Accusations.jpg

Now, on the flip side...What if the Saints go to the Superbowl,after all this?
If the Saints go to the Superbowl this year without Sean Payton, will that prove that he's not the reason that they are playing so good? And maybe he would be considered expendable by the front office, then they could save some money with a cheaper coach? Just a thought.:popcorn:

If the Saints go to the Superbowl this year without Sean Payton, will that prove that he's not the reason that they are playing so good? And maybe he would be considered expendable by the front office, then they could save some money with a cheaper coach? Just a thought.:popcorn:

Not really...The players play the game...The coaches give them the outlook...It's up to them to make the plays accordingly..Sure, a smart coach helps...Payton taught this team one thing,How To Win....I still believe he and Loomis are the scape goats here..I think it was all Williams...But, if Payton and Loomis knew about it, they are just as guilty...They took the heat off Benson...I know Williams pulled down a good salary,but ya think he made enough to pay these guys the figures they are throwing out here...i don't think so..Money men/women were behind this..It will surprise me if Benson gets rid of Payton and Loomis...They're going nowhere..

How many times do we have to tell ya NF...Benjamins run the NFL....The days of cheap coaches are over...Your Lions see that..NOW...

I think it was far to harsh a penalty... NFL is just covering their ass acting like it's not a violent game so 20 years from now when some player comes back and says he was affected by it and want's to sue

I think it was far to harsh a penalty... NFL is just covering their ass acting like it's not a violent game so 20 years from now when some player comes back and says he was affected by it and want's to sue

Personally, I think this all started back when Godell wanted the Who Dat Nation to divide profits from the organization...The Who Dat Nation uses no NFL logos or licensed products from the NFL... The Who Dat Nation is a separate entity from the New Orleans Saints and their logos...THAT, pissed Godell off big time..Now there are reports out, that Sapp found out who the snitch was and has proof..

Personally, I think this all started back when Godell wanted the Who Dat Nation to divide profits from the organization...The Who Dat Nation uses no NFL logos or licensed products from the NFL... The Who Dat Nation is a separate entity from the New Orleans Saints and their logos...THAT, pissed Godell off big time..Now there are reports out, that Sapp found out who the snitch was and has proof..

Sapp is a Drama queen, I would wait for a better source

I had a Saint fan tell me today,it was a disgruntled manager that was terminated spilled the beans.No matter,really.They were warned and arrogantly didnt heed the warning.

I am sitting here watching reporters just hammer Sean Payton on the Saints troubles...All I've got to say about this guy is,"What a gentleman of the game"..He's getting pounded by reporters about suspensions,fines,Benson,Loomis and so forth,and carries himself as a professional and scholar of the game...WTG Payton...You and the Saints will be fine...More coaches in this game needs to watch this interview and take lessons from this guy...What composure, from such a young coach...