Yellow | BREAKING news ! Western Pension Fund !!!

Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying? I was trying to say that the money put into the pension fund is a crappy investment. You might put a dollar in and get a dollar out if you are lucky. The 401k has a great upside. I've made 20% this year. If the 401k went into YRC stock. This would be a whole different argument.

My apologies, we are definitely on the same page. Invest wisely and there should be a decent chunk of change when we finally do retire...

$70 per week x 52 weeks = $3640 tax deferred free money that ALL belongs to each of us. Match it with your own contributions, reducing your income taxes and you will have a nice supplement to your retirement income.

The Western Fund has not received money from YRC Teamsters in 2 years and YRC is such a very small part of the fund that the fund doesn't want to accept less then the full amount (its not fair to the Teamsters in the fund;should at least get credit for the year)not to mention less teamsters will be retiring from that fund.
Sorry Bro. They can't give you credit for the year either, if no money is going in on your behalf. Because at the end of your career.....lets say you retire with 30 years in, but only 28 years worth of funds have been deposited into the fund for you, there would be a 2 year shortfall of funds. Can't do business that way. That's a recipe for future failure.:sadwavey: