Holland | Breaking News

I wish they would let me have the scissors and let me make some cuts.
Heard they let go of Big Doug the labor man that used to be terminal manager in Knoxville and Nashville, also heard from someone that they fired 2 supervisors in Louisville

That's bad news. I think we have won every greviance we've ever filed.
Big Doug was a good person, That's probably why he's out! When I first came to work here there were hardly any supervisors, safety people, regional people, this place over the years has became very top heavy!!! Seems like as of here lately there's as many upper management as there is working folks! I think it may be a good time for change, go back to the way it used to be!! A great place to work..........

Come on Wong I know you've laid eyes on that email sent to each terminal from S Ware about the new Regions.
Yes , but haven't had time to read them yet , and YES heard a big firing-cleaning house of middle management and even T-Shack got moved again , BIG CHANGES coming soon hopefully !!

I heard something like 30 managers reassigned or gone. The key word nimbler and leaner were used several times to describe the realignment.

Realigning the regions might not cure very much, but cutting management should save some money.
Realigning the regions ,maybe help some with the Driver shortage problem ??, and cutting middle management is a good cost savings ! and getting rid of the worthless safety dept. guys would save money too ! Changes need to happen to turn it around !!

Maybe we could get someone in management that can figure out that those Freightliners are piles of crap and that a tag axle with an automatic does not work in slippery parking lots. I wonder if they ever think to themselves.....I wonder why no other trucking companies use a configuration like us?......I guess we must either be smarter than every other company or ?????

Maybe we could get someone in management that can figure out that those Freightliners are piles of crap and that a tag axle with an automatic does not work in slippery parking lots. I wonder if they ever think to themselves.....I wonder why no other trucking companies use a configuration like us?......I guess we must either be smarter than every other company or ?????
Our company tried a series of Volvo's with a dead axle and they went back to the full screw's after that. It's hard enought to drag a carhauler around already with a twin let alone one with a dead axle "nuff said everybody stay safe

Agreed I drove a 16 in the gorge wed night. Made me drive too conservative after it broke loose in the rain in curves.

Agreed I drove a 16 in the gorge wed night. Made me drive too conservative after it broke loose in the rain in curves.
We had a driver up in AP a few weeks ago that it took forty five minutes to pull away from the fuel island because he stopped in a little crack with the steers in the concrete with drives on ice.....Great choice for Trucks!

"Dumb" tag axles are worthless. But the smart ones they've developed tie into traction control and shift load off the tag and onto the drive in slippery conditions.

Problem is, corporate bean counters think those are too expensive.

Don't the Sterlings have tags?

"Dumb" tag axles are worthless. But the smart ones they've developed tie into traction control and shift load off the tag and onto the drive in slippery conditions.

Problem is, corporate bean counters think those are too expensive.

Don't the Sterlings have tags?
Yes but there are city only except ones that yellow passed down. Have a computer switch axle pressure when it detects lose of traction is good but that one slip maybe the one you can't recover from and all down hill from there. A tag like on sterling and 15 shakers are best when roads gets slick hit hand valve and let drivers be proactive in preventing accidents.