Bunkrooms..

a9faninnc

TB Legend
Credits
Saw this thread from prmike on the Estes board.Should make for some interesting posts...Best,worst,and in between...Rate the bunkrooms..

One thing I think we can agree on,Richmond is the worse..Norfolk and Nashville,being newer terminals are nice,however the little pillows in both places should have at least one more per room..

Tell me more about the bunks in Richmond. I have not seen them. Are they really that bad?

I saw the ones in Miami a few weeks ago and they are pretty nice. But they are also brand new which makes a huge difference.

Leadfoot Ultra and I are trying to get some cable in the bunk rooms so at least there is at least one creature comfort. It will probably just be basic cable but you guys should be able to at least get some decent channels. More on this later but we are working on it.

i have not been there in about a year but when i was it was that bad.shower head kept coming off,there were spiders and bugs down there too

Tell me more about the bunks in Richmond. I have not seen them. Are they really that bad?

I saw the ones in Miami a few weeks ago and they are pretty nice. But they are also brand new which makes a huge difference.

Leadfoot Ultra and I are trying to get some cable in the bunk rooms so at least there is at least one creature comfort. It will probably just be basic cable but you guys should be able to at least get some decent channels. More on this later but we are working on it.

Hmmm,sounds like you opened up a chance to get a rant in,:biglaugh:.

Richmond-Quite simply,it needs an overhaul.Whenever a bunkroom has the nickname "dungeon" among road drivers,it cant be pretty.

Nashville-Usually pretty clean,which is good because of the long layover.However,one little pillow per room is one dislike for me and the towels are terrible.They have a burnt smell and you have lint all in your hair and body after using them.

Charlotte-Going through there at night sometimes can mean a 2-3 hour wait.A bed nap can be very useful in that situation.Of late,their have been no bulbs left in the bedside lamps.

Norfolk-Usually nice and clean,but again,just one small pillow per room.

Atlanta-The flooding problems that they have had in the past have created a musky odor.Also,im about 5-10 to 5-11 and my feet seems to hang off the end of the bed,:biglaugh:

Kudos to Bristol and Lynchburg,as most of my stays at both terminals are usually very pleasant.

Thats my take on the bunkrooms im familiar with,thanx for the opportunity to offer my personal input.:1036316054:

i'm sure as the week goes on we will hear more but Richmond need new flooring and paint also they are musky and dirty,the flooring looks like it was put down when the term was built

Lynch and BRST are old but well kept up

Nash and NFK are the best bunk rooms by far

the basic cable would be a great add on to them all

BRST needs a new tv , or did the last time i was there, everyone looks short and fat on it

first time I layed down In Ric, I stayed in the truck. I think everything down there is original. The other thing with downstairs bunk rooms is ladies upstairs with heels on. especially ATL and GBO. NAS and NFK are nice but they never wash the comforters. There's grease on them from guys sitting on the bed with their shoes on. But there are worse motels. You do have to have your own towels at nas, never seen towels like that before.

A9fan did Bird just say he was short and fat??? That's what I heard! He must have been watching the show that has that UGLY!!! Yellow bird on it, scaring all the little kids, Oh my bad he still scares the kids when he turns the dome light on... while steering that Green truck w/red bumper. lol you know what that means BigW-RD

Hmmm,sounds like you opened up a chance to get a rant in,:biglaugh:.

Richmond-Quite simply,it needs an overhaul.Whenever a bunkroom has the nickname "dungeon" among road drivers,it cant be pretty.

Nashville-Usually pretty clean,which is good because of the long layover.However,one little pillow per room is one dislike for me and the towels are terrible.They have a burnt smell and you have lint all in your hair and body after using them.

Charlotte-Going through there at night sometimes can mean a 2-3 hour wait.A bed nap can be very useful in that situation.Of late,their have been no bulbs left in the bedside lamps.

Norfolk-Usually nice and clean,but again,just one small pillow per room.

Atlanta-The flooding problems that they have had in the past have created a musky odor.Also,im about 5-10 to 5-11 and my feet seems to hang off the end of the bed,:biglaugh:

Kudos to Bristol and Lynchburg,as most of my stays at both terminals are usually very pleasant.

Thats my take on the bunkrooms im familiar with,thanx for the opportunity to offer my personal input.:1036316054:

I will try to give you an update on these bunkrooms.

Richmond - I am working with the Properties department to see what actually needs to be done here and and try to determine a cost on sprucing them up.

Nashville - Has been instructed to get some new pillows, good ones, and he is going to get with the linen service about the shape of the towels, etc.....

Charlotte - I am told the bulbs have been replaced that were missing or burned out.

Norfolk - Has been instructed to get some new pillows as well.

Atlanta - A humidifier has been installed just recently and I am told there is no longer a musty or mildewed smell in the bunkrooms. Of course I can not smell them from where I am so you will need to let me know. I am also told that we just got finished working on the lounge area to clean it up and that the shower area will begin work shortly.

Bristol - I assume it is okay.

I realize that these bunkrooms are not going to be hotel quality and do not provide the creature comforts we have all learned to enjoy. But, we need them to be acceptable places to lay our heads down for some sleep and a place to clean up.

This is all I have at the moment but please keep us posted on what you hear, see, or smell.

Thanks

Thanx Mark,as road drivers,we have no problem,"getting the word out" :biglaugh:..We,ll let everyone know these things are being looked in to...:1036316054:

I mentioned the cable in the bunkrooms a while back and to update you ....... we will be doing this in the bunkrooms that we use on a weekly basis. We have some bunkrooms that we just don't use very much at all and we will not put the cable in those.

My biggest comp...err concern about all of them is lack of fresh air supply...I dont mind only being able to sleep 5 hrs in a bunkroom too much...that may just mean ill have to pull over in the middle of the night for a nap, but fresh air is very important for good rest. None of these bunk rooms have a means of drawing spent air out effectively to replenish oxygen and remove caustic fumes from varnish etc.(esp.ATL after painting). See EPA studies into indoor air quality.

Some bunkrooms like NAS dont want u to tinker w/ the A/C controls and insist on keeping the temp set on 71 deg. down from 72 after ppl complained. I walked in there one day and it was 74 deg. in there and the terminal manager got into a discussion w/ me about turning the a/c on, saying ' u realize it will be 35 deg outside at 6pm'. I wonder if he minded if i came to his house and disabled his furnace in the winter and tell him he should conserve energy, besides, spring will come in a few months and his faucets will thaw. :biglaugh: Im not

I did discover the last time i was in CLT that the sheets were NOT CHANGED, but the bed was made with the same sheets. I checked several beds and found multiple hair types in each...ended up making my own bed. GRR

Bunkrooms in Richmond

Gentlemen,

At the present time we are in the process of refurbishing the bunkrooms in Richmond.

I know don't pass out. Thanks to the help from Easy Rider, it is happening.

We are putting in new furniture, including at least a 20th century TV.

We are also going to put in new beds, please don't cry because the iron bed and feather mattress will be gone.

We are also painting the ceiling tile.

The bathroom will also be remodeled.

There maybe more to come, but at least it is a start to move it from the "dungeon".

Thanks for the job that you all do. It is appreciated.

dungeon

thank you for update. i can't say that i miss the dungeon. i've many a night and day there. maybe a contest for a new name?