Estes | Busy!

Credits
I don't know 'bout you guys, but I just checked in and ready to go now! Also, hub guy called me this am and our hiring banner is up! I haven't seen that thing in some time.

Catch y'all down the road, I'm outta here:shift:

Something Big is Cooking For Sure

Saw a notice on the BB at Nashville that Estes

"expects to be very busy in the near future and we will be hiring dockworkers, drivers, office personnel, etc. If you know anyone who would be interested in working at Estes please have them apply."

Also, the "NOW HIRING DRIVERS" is up for the first time in about 3-4 years!

Could the rumour that YRC will be shutting down next Friday and idiling 10,000 be true? I don't know, but Estes all over is gearing up for something as, while others are laying off and forcing workers to take pay cuts, we are hiring. Something's up that's for sure and the fact that that freight has picked up tremendously recently to where they are begging for volunteers this weekend for the first time in a long while, tells me something is in the wind that only corporate knows.

If the rumors were not true then why would Estes be on such a hiring binge and freight coming out the yazoo? Hmmmm

"expects to be very busy in the near future and we will be hiring dockworkers, drivers, office personnel, etc. If you know anyone who would be interested in working at Estes please have them apply."

Could the rumour that YRC will be shutting down next Friday and idiling 10,000 be true? I don't know, but Estes all over is gearing up for something as, while others are laying off and forcing workers to take pay cuts, we are hiring. Something's up that's for sure and the fact that that freight has picked up tremendously recently to where they are begging for volunteers this weekend for the first time in a long while, tells me something is in the wind that only corporate knows.

If the rumors were not true then why would Estes be on such a hiring binge and freight coming out the yazoo? Hmmmm

Hold onto your hats folks if this is true... this is gonna one *bleep* of a ride!:TR10driving03:

May 22nd story

YRCW YRC Worldwide on the brink of bankruptcy

2 bil in pension contributions due.1 bil bailout.Something doen't look right here.The article read, that they are unlikely to receive federal help.

Well, BHO deserted another campaign contributor.

The last I read was that yrc holds 27% of the LTL market share. Man if that much freight goes up for grabs all at once it's gonna be a wild ride for everybody left in the LTL biz.

that is a article from the UK. They write and deal with logisitics companies, the article is about 1 month behind the times. The talk was that YRC was to go down May 22nd, that day has passed, I guess they are now moving that date to the 29nd of May. YRC has made the admenments to the banks concerning their debt. Do I believe that things are all rosey over here, NO. I do believe that we will be around for just a little while longer.

that is a article from the UK. They write and deal with logisitics companies, the article is about 1 month behind the times. The talk was that YRC was to go down May 22nd, that day has passed, I guess they are now moving that date to the 29nd of May. YRC has made the admenments to the banks concerning their debt. Do I believe that things are all rosey over here, NO. I do believe that we will be around for just a little while longer.

According to my freinds and family that work there. Big sales meeting Tuesday.Conference call with all sales and TM's.None of them are happy about it (the sales people). They figure there will be some type of announcement by Friday.It doesn't look good.

The last I read was that yrc holds 27% of the LTL market share. Man if that much freight goes up for grabs all at once it's gonna be a wild ride for everybody left in the LTL biz.

As of the last report,Estes moved 3% of the nations freight. You guys see how busy we are now. Imagine if Estes gained another 3%,or 2%.Some one better get ready to move some freight. Rob has done a good job of obtaining equipment,but will he be prepared with labor.

If it does happen,get ready boys.You'll have your choice of runs at your barns.

As of the last report,Estes moved 3% of the nations freight. You guys see how busy we are now. Imagine if Estes gained another 3%,or 2%.Some one better get ready to move some freight. Rob has done a good job of obtaining equipment,but will he be prepared with labor.

If it does happen,get ready boys.You'll have your choice of runs at your barns.

yes sir that's right. If we wind up with just a 2 or 3 percent increase of market share that will double us over night.
Only thing is if 27% gets dumped on the market that quick your gonna see a bunch of "fly by night" outfits start popping up all over the place and that usually ain't good for saftey or rates. I might be wrong, maybe all that freight could be absorbed by the remaining carriers but it would be a wild ride for a while to say the least.

Anyways I gotta go get ready for church then I'm goin to the Bass Pro shop and try not spend my whole check today lol. Big sale this weekend up there.... yea!

According to my freinds and family that work there. Big sales meeting Tuesday.Conference call with all sales and TM's.None of them are happy about it (the sales people). They figure there will be some type of announcement by Friday.It doesn't look good.

If that is the case, best of luck to you guys, you'll be busier that you know what. I guess I better start packing my bags for KC, hope I can find a job back there.

Heard from somebody else that they had a meeting in West Middlesex and told them if YRC goes down Extra Board will run 70 hours then take a 34 and then go right back out on the road again.
If it goes to that don't know if I can stay here, 5 days gone from the house is enough. Would'nt be so bad if you did'nt have all the wait time, 18 hours on break a couple of times this week.

Heard from somebody else that they had a meeting in West Middlesex and told them if YRC goes down Extra Board will run 70 hours then take a 34 and then go right back out on the road again.
If it goes to that don't know if I can stay here, 5 days gone from the house is enough. Would'nt be so bad if you did'nt have all the wait time, 18 hours on break a couple of times this week.

what we are doing now

yes sir that's right. If we wind up with just a 2 or 3 percent increase of market share that will double us over night.
Only thing is if 27% gets dumped on the market that quick your gonna see a bunch of "fly by night" outfits start popping up all over the place and that usually ain't good for saftey or rates. I might be wrong, maybe all that freight could be absorbed by the remaining carriers but it would be a wild ride for a while to say the least.

Anyways I gotta go get ready for church then I'm goin to the Bass Pro shop and try not spend my whole check today lol. Big sale this weekend up there.... yea!

10-4 on the Bass shop. Visited it when the family and I went to Gatlinburg.Very nice.Had to go though,wife said I was getting,some kind of look in my eye.Don't really know what she was implying.:biglaugh: