Estes | Busy!

10-4 on the Bass shop. Visited it when the family and I went to Gatlinburg.Very nice.Had to go though,wife said I was getting,some kind of look in my eye.Don't really know what she was implying.:biglaugh:

Ya I know that look in the eye very well...:biglaugh:
I'll tell ya how bad I am in that place, I went yesterday and it was packed so I left kinda quick (only spent $30) so I'm going back today....

Watch it KD. Those return trips always leave ya broke.Or so they say,I never listen though.

Go for broke,man. Have fun. And again, Thank you for your service to our country.Be safe.May the Lord walk with you always.

far down the road

I don't know 'bout you guys, but I just checked in and ready to go now! Also, hub guy called me this am and our hiring banner is up! I haven't seen that thing in some time.

Catch y'all down the road, I'm outta here:shift:

to bad you lost your job, you must not of had any represention:Banane01:

Heard from somebody else that they had a meeting in West Middlesex and told them if YRC goes down Extra Board will run 70 hours then take a 34 and then go right back out on the road again.
If it goes to that don't know if I can stay here, 5 days gone from the house is enough. Would'nt be so bad if you did'nt have all the wait time, 18 hours on break a couple of times this week.

well i am going to westsex tomorrow,not going to wait for big rush. hope they got welcome mat out,whats the tm like hopeing some preston people still work there, have better shot at puttin an app.hope to drive with boys soon.

well i am going to westsex tomorrow,not going to wait for big rush. hope they got welcome mat out,whats the tm like hopeing some preston people still work there, have better shot at puttin an app.hope to drive with boys soon.

Find somebody there to put in a good word, they get $400 bucks once you're there a year I think.

you hope

Saw a notice on the BB at Nashville that Estes

"expects to be very busy in the near future and we will be hiring dockworkers, drivers, office personnel, etc. If you know anyone who would be interested in working at Estes please have them apply."

Also, the "NOW HIRING DRIVERS" is up for the first time in about 3-4 years!

Could the rumour that YRC will be shutting down next Friday and idiling 10,000 be true? I don't know, but Estes all over is gearing up for something as, while others are laying off and forcing workers to take pay cuts, we are hiring. Something's up that's for sure and the fact that that freight has picked up tremendously recently to where they are begging for volunteers this weekend for the first time in a long while, tells me something is in the wind that only corporate knows.

If the rumors were not true then why would Estes be on such a hiring binge and freight coming out the yazoo? Hmmmm

you and a lot others would just love to see us yrc go out of Business wouldnt you it would only put another 40000 people out of a job i just hope and pray we dont go out of Business hope they can work something out and we will be around for a while.

you and a lot others would just love to see us yrc go out of Business wouldnt you it would only put another 40000 people out of a job i just hope and pray we dont go out of Business hope they can work something out and we will be around for a while.

Nobody on this board wishes for the demise of others, we simply discuss what is affecting us, and the travesty that is YRCW corporation and Dollar Bill affects us every day.

Keep the faith bro, you guys have lasted this long, and that's only through staying focused on servicing the customers, not listening to the crap in the streets.:shift:

Nobody on this board wishes for the demise of others, we simply discuss what is affecting us, and the travesty that is YRCW corporation and Dollar Bill affects us every day.

Keep the faith bro, you guys have lasted this long, and that's only through staying focused on servicing the customers, not listening to the crap in the streets.:shift:

Well said sir I will second that....:thumbsup:

if i remember right we want YRCW to make it we want the rent payments to keep comming. to say Estes wants YRCW to fail is silly. we are in a business relationship with them. Stay Alive YRCW !!!!!!

His statement had no hate or maliciousness to it at all. He was only describing what it will be like if they do not survive. If you are in the freight business and your company has not done anything to prepare,you're in trouble.

Don't come on here and accuse our guys of wishing bad, on anyone.We all have freinds and family that work for YRCW.Go lurk somewhere else, if that's all you can do.

Originally Posted by DemonDeacon
At least we could then be the official leader in the fugliest equipment set in the country. Ronald McDonald tractor with Orange/White trailers or vice-versa.

Keep the faith guys, if your death (as a company) were in the cards most would think it would have to happened by now.

Weren't you a terminal manager in St. Louis or at LO at one time,
your writing style is very familiar

Top that B***ches! It took Beerboy like 500 posts to become a mod, my awesomeness has catapulted me far beyond!:TR10driving03:

From the USF Holland Rumor thread.

We've had the now hiring banner up and down 2 or 3 times in the past month or so. Last week it went up again, but this time with no specifications as to what we're looking for. Apparently we're building an application pool in case of an unfortunate event. It seems to me as a company we can barely handle the freight we have right now. I can't even imagine what things would be like if freight even close to doubled. Hopefully we won't have to find out.

Originally Posted by DemonDeacon
At least we could then be the official leader in the fugliest equipment set in the country. Ronald McDonald tractor with Orange/White trailers or vice-versa.

Keep the faith guys, if your death (as a company) were in the cards most would think it would have to happened by now.

Weren't you a terminal manager in St. Louis or at LO at one time,
your writing style is very familiar

Top that B***ches! It took Beerboy like 500 posts to become a mod, my awesomeness has catapulted me far beyond!:TR10driving03:

From the USF Holland Rumor thread.

WOW DD you are a legend like me. welcome to the club. someone has been saying on the chat line i went into management lolololololol

We've had the now hiring banner up and down 2 or 3 times in the past month or so. Last week it went up again, but this time with no specifications as to what we're looking for. Apparently we're building an application pool in case of an unfortunate event. It seems to me as a company we can barely handle the freight we have right now. I can't even imagine what things would be like if freight even close to doubled. Hopefully we won't have to find out.

Ya we've got the 'now hiring' banner up at my barn now too. First time I've seen that since I started in '98. It says 'dockworkers and drivers'.

I think your right about why they are getting an application pool together.