Yellow | Buying Stock

Teamcujo

TB Regular
Credits
I've never seen our stock so low, I bought 200 shares Wednesday so did another guy at work. It has already been listed as the biggest gainer in the NASDAQ (26%). If this is not the end of the world then it would be a good time to buy this stock, this is not an endorsement only my opinion.

Aren't you afraid they will go bankrupt or be delisted? I'd rather buy some Sirius stock if I was in a gambling mood.

Aren't you afraid they will go bankrupt or be delisted? I'd rather buy some Sirius stock if I was in a gambling mood.

Sure dont sound like a gamble to me.....Wake up and study the facts here...This company is in real good shape to weather out the economy or anything else till 2010 and has all the essentials and knowledge to step out and make its mark. Rumor also has it that ward filed chapter 11 yesterday. Could make a difference for us also. Anything invested in this company now I would think is a excellent value and it will be your loss if you choose not to take advantage of it....besides that....It would be a real positive investment in your future. If you think the odd's are bad here perhaps you should try putting a little capitol into GM.....lol

Had a dispatcher that bought in yesterday morning and by pre shift meeting he had already made $150.00 which he was happy to share with everybody.

Had a dispatcher that bought in yesterday morning and by pre shift meeting he had already made $150.00 which he was happy to share with everybody.

Ask him how much he's lost today!?! If he bought yesterday at 7.00; today it's 5......

The only way to make money is to buy, and hold for a long time. Watching it minute by minute will drive you crazy!

I know one Yellow Driver that made a bundle a few years ago. I know another that was going to use his to buy a new Corvette upon his retirement-- he lost his shirt.....

Ask him how much he's lost today!?! If he bought yesterday at 7.00; today it's 5......

The only way to make money is to buy, and hold for a long time. Watching it minute by minute will drive you crazy!

I know one Yellow Driver that made a bundle a few years ago. I know another that was going to use his to buy a new Corvette upon his retirement-- he lost his shirt.....

I plan to sell when it hits $20, I figure within 2 years it will get there. I got nothin but time:woohoo1:

I own 2444 shares of yrcw I'm holding out for $20 as well my *** is kind of puckering at the moment though

I own 2444 shares of yrcw I'm holding out for $20 as well my *** is kind of puckering at the moment though

Its at $4.29 right now and if your looking for it to get up to $20 you should get comfortable. Perhaps find Jesus too, if you have not already... :shades:

Saw plenty of employees buy CF toward the end. Where are they now???? To big to go belly up?? I don't think so. The Yellow Dog will only be missed by the current employees. With the economy in the crapper there is plenty of capacity anong the other carriers to absorb this mutt. Save your money buy a carrier with less debt that is making money and not loosing market share.

Saw plenty of employees buy CF toward the end. Where are they now???? To big to go belly up?? I don't think so. The Yellow Dog will only be missed by the current employees. With the economy in the crapper there is plenty of capacity anong the other carriers to absorb this mutt. Save your money buy a carrier with less debt that is making money and not loosing market share.

Why are some people so damn stupid? CF went under because it was a planned union busting effort by their own mgt. Our situation is completely different and anyone who thinks they are similar is an idiot. I hear this same garbage from the doom and gloomers who worked at CF and now work at my barn. Just because our stock price is low doesn't mean we are in the same boat as CF.

Its at $4.29 right now and if your looking for it to get up to $20 you should get comfortable. Perhaps find Jesus too, if you have not already... :shades:

I think it has been way oversold and we will probably see it in the double digits again before long at least above 10, we'll see how the quarter report looks and for it to get upgraded again. (hopefully)

and yes I have already found jesus my friend

The Wall Street Journal had it yesterday that Con-way was a stock to buy since they speculated that they had a great deal to gain if a YRC demise were to happen.

There are too many things going on to compare this to CF from the status of the companies to the current economy.

It is an ugly situation with the YRC debt, unfunded liability to the pension and the current economy. I will be very interested in hearing the 3rd quarter results. If it is a another crappy 3rd QTR................? Not to mention that there is capacity within the industry to absorb much of the freight.

Why are some people so damn stupid? CF went under because it was a planned union busting effort by their own mgt. Our situation is completely different and anyone who thinks they are similar is an idiot. I hear this same garbage from the doom and gloomers who worked at CF and now work at my barn. Just because our stock price is low doesn't mean we are in the same boat as CF.

This is not an ill will post. Not only do I drive a truck but am an avid player with the stock market.

You are awfully certain the grand plan isnt to run the company to a bankruptcy for reorganization then needing union concessions? the yrc portfolio had ALL good carriers 2 years ago and still today are good carriers with good people. People who have done all facets of the industry with tenacity, pride, tenure, retirements. In fact, industry icons. And now its being ran like the last 45 minutes of the the Titanic? The stock was downgraded to junk yesterday. Wall street analysts are recommending to sell due to debt/credit restraints. (go to aol finance and type in the ticker yrcw) This is a sad situation for the many people employed with YRCW. Find a lifevest and plan for your families just in case. The media is hollering recession as I type. Its only gonna get worse for the whole industry.

travolta may have something there. By running us into bankruptcy, they might get the NMFA voided. This would allow them to change things at will. They can keep their own salaries at par, justified by the arguement they need to amply reward the top execs to avoid them leaving in fear.

I'm sorry to say but this stock will fail
Every stock I ever bought has tanked(hard)
So if I sell it will surely go up,however I;m stubborn

Just 2 points I want to make.
first, when ABF and Carolina merged, ABF stock dipped down to $3 per share. They have rebounded nicely.

Second,
As far as a union busting plan, this could very well play into that scenario, or at least look to void the NMFA and seek concessions. I've already been through that when Yellow bought Preston. However, You need to bear in mind all the companies listed under the corporate umbrella. In addition to the unionized carriers, YRCW also owns, Glenn Moore and YRC Logistics, both of which are nonunion, and were supposed to be truckload carriers. In my area alone, our local has 14 grievences filed because of YRC Logistics going into Yellow and Roadway accounts and picking up LTL freight. On my run alone, I have seen both Yellow and Roadway lose large amounts of LTL to YRC Logistics. I have no idea what Glenn Moore is doing, But I'd be willing to bet it's more of the same. YRCW even built a brand new terminal for Logistics in Bayone, NJ, but they are consolidating Yellow and Roadway wherever they can. Do the math and figure it out for yourself. This is in no way a pretty picture for the unionized sector.