Yellow | Buying Stock

Quit the doom and gloom or get out

You guys better hope that the company survives, If it goes belly up so does your pension. I figure this merger is going to cost me my job, but I have 23 years in and am 61 and plan to retire in about 3-4 years. Hopefully I can get back to get the extra two.

You guys are all doom and gloom, things look bad, but hopefully they can pull it out after the election and the economy starts to rebound. If you think the company is going to fail, then quit now and let someone else work that wants to help the company to hang in there.

I don't know about you guys but I plan on voting AGAINST any present senator or representative that I can to get them out of office. THEY --not the president, democrat or republican have gotten the country where it is. There are too many that have lost touch with the real world, They couldn't live within a budget if their life depended on it and I don't see many that even know how to run a business.

Best of Luck

Funny, I don't feel like a d***.....Get out while you have time to enjoy whatever time you've got left......unless of course you've been a slave to the industry (or this company) and your wife left and your kids dont talk to you anymore because you've missed one too many graduations, birthdays, concerts, plays, football games, basketball games and anything else that might have been nice to look out and see your Father in the crowd for........I'm a third genration Teamster and my Father retired from this very company at 62......I know of what I speak.

This is not an ill will post. Not only do I drive a truck but am an avid player with the stock market.

You are awfully certain the grand plan isnt to run the company to a bankruptcy for reorganization then needing union concessions? the yrc portfolio had ALL good carriers 2 years ago and still today are good carriers with good people. People who have done all facets of the industry with tenacity, pride, tenure, retirements. In fact, industry icons. And now its being ran like the last 45 minutes of the the Titanic? The stock was downgraded to junk yesterday. Wall street analysts are recommending to sell due to debt/credit restraints. (go to aol finance and type in the ticker yrcw) This is a sad situation for the many people employed with YRCW. Find a lifevest and plan for your families just in case. The media is hollering recession as I type. Its only gonna get worse for the whole industry.

The price is down....people are buying and.....ALL DEBTS are SATISFIED until 2010!
Think about it now. With the proper managment and efforts from an outstanding labor force,There is no reason that this great company shouldnt show a profit in the quarters to come. YES....I STILL BELIEVE!!!!!!
The value is still here and the managment changes continue to be made as we speak.

Funny, I don't feel like a dick.....Get out while you have time to enjoy whatever time you've got left......unless of course you've been a slave to the industry (or this company) and your wife left and your kids dont talk to you anymore because you've missed one too many graduations, birthdays, concerts, plays, football games, basketball games and anything else that might have been nice to look out and see your Father in the crowd for........I'm a third genration Teamster and my Father retired from this very company at 62......I know of what I speak.

What happens if the Government has to bail-out the Underfunded Teamster's Pension (rumored coming)?????

IF that happens, everyone (including those already retired) will draw AT MOST $500-$1,000 per month. What happens then to a guy who is retired, therefore on a fixed income, when suddenly his income goes from $3500 plus Social Security (also on pace to go broke) to $1,000 period????????

401ks lost money all over the Wolrd. MediCare is broke. Social Security will someday have to reduce payouts to $300 or raise taxes to sieze everyone's income. Pensions are Underfunded. I figure I'll continue working for a while yet....

The price is down....people are buying and.....ALL DEBTS are SATISFIED until 2010!
Think about it now. With the proper managment and efforts from an outstanding labor force,There is no reason that this great company shouldnt show a profit in the quarters to come. YES....I STILL BELIEVE!!!!!!
The value is still here and the managment changes continue to be made as we speak.

NASDAQ has it marked "Agressively Sell". The Market isn't as impressed as you, apparently.

I actually hope and dream you are correct. I can't ever possibly replace the money I make here; I thought after Preston that I was finally at a place I could retire from. But whether you and I agree or not-- it's the major Investors that will determine our fate. Nothing you and I can do (unless you're Quite Rich-- willing to gamble it all on YRCW)......but watch and see.

NASDAQ has it marked "Agressively Sell". The Market isn't as impressed as you, apparently.

NASDAQ....is a market and they have nothing marked agressively sell or buy agressively as far as I know!
You are allowing annalist's to control your thought process. They have been wrong just as many times as they have been right.
At the moment they are responding to credit issues that have been released and I bet if they all did a little more research on just the why and how those issues came about they would change thier view respectfully.
Remember.....there is allot going on here right now and I'm sure the whole truth behind this situation will never be released on a platter for them. There is a definate chain of events that led us to where we are at now and if you look carefully at the changes along the way I think you will see that there is allot of dirt under the Zollars carpet that is being removed and hiden from all of us to protect the dignity of this company and preserve its customer base. Just my thoughts on the issue.
If we go bust we go bust....but why not take the initiative to believe in your own future and work for it on a positive note. ABF did it and they were down to 3$ with allot of competition smiling down on them!

Well, grab your cane and limp into work like all the old fools we have at the terminal I work at. Must really love your job to do it for minimum wage. (1)Teamsters at the bottom will never move up since this company is not growing and people will not retire.(2)This is expensive for the company with so many 5 and 6 week vacations to pay.(3)Teamsters that don't take advantage of a benefit that many before made so many sacrifices to secure(and many others envy)does a disservice to themselves.:chairshot:

NASDAQ....is a market and they have nothing marked agressively sell or buy agressively as far as I know!

Latest
News Price
Charts Company
Financials Hoovers

Consensus Recommendation

Analyst Info
Annual EPS Est: $ -0.16
Quarterly EPS Est: $ -0.07
PEG Ratio: 0.66
Mean Recommendation:
View Summary/View All 3.80
Oct. 16, 2008 13:15 ET Market Open
Common Stock Market : NASDAQ-GS

Last Sale $ 4.71
Change Net / % 0.71 17.75%
Best Bid / Ask $ 4.71 / $ 4.73
1y Target Est: $ 12.00
Today's High / Low $ 4.74 / $ 4.10
Share Volume 1,981,680
50 Day Avg. Daily Volume 2,094,649
Previous Close $ 4
52 Wk High / Low $ 28.15 / $ 3.98
Shares Outstanding 57,284,000
Market Value $ 269,807,640
P/E Ratio 8.56
Forward P/E (1yr) 5.25
Earnings Per Share $ 0.55
Annualized Dividend N/A
Ex Dividend Date N/A
Dividend Payment Date N/A
Current Yield N/A
Beta 0.8
NASDAQ Official Open Price: $ 4.16
Date of NASDAQ Official Open Price: Oct. 16, 2008
NASDAQ Official Close Price: $ 3.98
Date of NASDAQ Official Close Price: Oct. 15, 2008

Intraday Chart

5d | 1m | 6m | 12m | More Charting

Mean Recommendation
This number relates to the average recommendation for the stock. The values are from 1 to 5. A five indicates a sell, and a one indicates a strong buy.

YRCW stock quote - YRC Worldwide, Inc. stock price - NASDAQ.com

YRCW is a 3.8; an agressive sell. Granted, by the Professional Investors; but if they are selling, why would we buy??????? Kinda like an attorney that represents himself, has a fool for a client....

If you want to, go for it.

I bought another 400 shares at $4.97 day before yesterday. Edward Jones main office called my wife to come to the branch and sign a wavier before they would let her do the transaction. Never invest more than 10% of your portfolio in high risk stuff like YRCW stock. Statements are foward looking not meant to endorse or suggest investing of any kind and are not supported by trucking boards, girlscouts, truckstops, or pool halls. :hide:

I bought another 400 shares at $4.97 day before yesterday. Edward Jones main office called my wife to come to the branch and sign a wavier before they would let her do the transaction. Never invest more than 10% of your portfolio in high risk stuff like YRCW stock. Statements are foward looking not meant to endorse or suggest investing of any kind and are not supported by trucking boards, girlscouts, truckstops, or pool halls. :hide:

I think they made you sign it because anything under 5 dollars is considered high risk not because roadway itself is considered high risk by edward jones......if that makes sense

This is not an ill will post. Not only do I drive a truck but am an avid player with the stock market.

You are awfully certain the grand plan isnt to run the company to a bankruptcy for reorganization then needing union concessions? the yrc portfolio had ALL good carriers 2 years ago and still today are good carriers with good people. People who have done all facets of the industry with tenacity, pride, tenure, retirements. In fact, industry icons. And now its being ran like the last 45 minutes of the the Titanic? The stock was downgraded to junk yesterday. Wall street analysts are recommending to sell due to debt/credit restraints. (go to aol finance and type in the ticker yrcw) This is a sad situation for the many people employed with YRCW. Find a lifevest and plan for your families just in case. The media is hollering recession as I type. Its only gonna get worse for the whole industry.

As the recession deepens.. Im shocked YRCW is asking for concessions so soon.. Prayers with all of you and your families for a positive outcome with the upcoming negotations .. This is a sad state of affairs for the trucking industry..

As the recession deepens.. Im shocked YRCW is asking for concessions so soon.. Prayers with all of you and your families for a positive outcome with the upcoming negotations .. This is a sad state of affairs for the trucking industry..

I am putting in a order to sell at $4. $600 loss but it equals what I'll lose each month with the pay cut anyway.