FedEx Freight | Buyout Worries Watkins Workers

Huckleberry said:
FedEx frieght services Miami to Albany New York in 2 days on non expedite frieght?
Nope. 3 days same as Watkins. FedEx only offers 2 day service up to 1600 miles. That leaves a lot of destinations. :woohoo1:

Huckleberry said:
FedEx frieght services Miami to Albany New York in 2 days on non expedite frieght?
I have no idea I just looked for my area and the transit times dont even come close.Im just saying that if we trade our 1 and 2 day service for their 3,4,and 5 day,it doesent leave much for national to haul,depending on what part of the country your in.I hope this buyout works out for everybody involved,as for me im gonna ride the nag till she drops.:wavey:

hammerhead said:
I have no idea I just looked for my area and the transit times dont even come close.Im just saying that if we trade our 1 and 2 day service for their 3,4,and 5 day,it doesent leave much for national to haul,depending on what part of the country your in.I hope this buyout works out for everybody involved,as for me im gonna ride the nag till she drops.:wavey:

You're right, from STL, (St Louis) most times are 2 days except for out west then 3 and maybe a few remote 4 day points.

With the added market value from better coverage of not only the U.S but Canada and Mexico we should see excellent growth in all segments, enough to not only keep all current employees busy but to add lots more, watch and see.

FM

Familyman said:
You're right, from STL, (St Louis) most times are 2 days except for out west then 3 and maybe a few remote 4 day points.

With the added market value from better coverage of not only the U.S but Canada and Mexico we should see excellent growth in all segments, enough to not only keep all current employees busy but to add lots more, watch and see.

FM

Right now out of St. Louis our teams make it to CA in less than 2 days...

Familyman said:

FM
I hope yore right fm,only time will tell:smilie_132:

Huckleberry said:
Nope. 3 days same as Watkins. FedEx only offers 2 day service up to 1600 miles. That leaves a lot of destinations. :woohoo1:
That leaves alot of destinations from where you are,not everyone in located in fl.:smilie_132:

STLFireman said:
Right now out of St. Louis our teams make it to CA in less than 2 days...
I don't doubt it can be done, I came straight back from LA and without speeding and making several pit stops along the way made it in 36 hours.

However Watkins site is saying it's a 3 day point for them

Origin Zip: 63366 (Direct) GQS

Terminal:

ST. LOUIS, MO
7337 HALL STREET
ST. LOUIS, MO 63147
(314)383-0111
Destination Zip: 90210 (Direct) GQS

Terminal:

LOS ANGELES, CA
4500 BANDINI BLVD.
COMMERCE, CA 90040
(323)269-9800

Service Days: 3

Detailed Shipping Route
STL to KCY
KCY to LOS

Maybe due to the fact they are running through KCY first.

FM

Destination City, State/Province, ZIP/Postal code BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90210 Service DIRECT
Service center -
City, St/Prov., ZIP/Postal code LOS LOS ANGELES, CA 90021 Phone 1.323.722.4220 Miles 1845 Service days 3 Delivery date Jun 2, 2006

This is our transit time.

FM

2 days = 48 hrs Right? We have a team that runs to San Bernardino direct from STL and run out there in less than 48hrs, they leave 10AM on Wed and are in SBR by the next evening. And that is not running straight through either, they log it in 35hrs. They run STL to SBR, back to STL then to HBG (Harrisburg) and back to STL in 4 1/2 days. That is their weekly bid. :icon_dance:

STLFireman said:
2 days = 48 hrs Right? We have a team that runs to San Bernardino direct from STL and run out there in less than 48hrs, they leave 10AM on Wed and are in SBR by the next evening. And that is not running straight through either, they log it in 35hrs. They run STL to SBR, back to STL then to HBG (Harrisburg) and back to STL in 4 1/2 days. That is their weekly bid. :icon_dance:
2 day or 3 day is not the amount of times it takes to get there it is from time of pick up to time of delivery so if it takes 35 hrs to get to destination it is proably a 3 day lane:duh:

whats wrong with more trucks,computers,trailers,freight,more drivers better pay.
Thats what happend at Viking freight

Won't happen

TEXASEMPLOYEE said:
What about the watkins guys who were doing short haul runs as single man operators and the "hub" drivers? I don't really think we fit into the new "fedex national" description. What are the chances that we move over to fedex freight as their freight flow increases at least 35% or more?
Freight doesn't have company o/o. Plus to go from one outfit to the next you would have to quit there and apply here. Just call our home office in Harrison, Ark. and ask them ( 1-800-874-4723

Agree Very Much!

Familyman said:

FM
Familyman your right on, very positive. they are looking at the current situation which I personally dodn't blame them. But guys we are gonna get so busy from this point on in the next few years we are gonna have the rest of the industry following in our COAT TAILS!!!!!!:bgroovy: :smilie_132: :wavey:

Momoney said:
Familyman your right on, very positive. they are looking at the current situation which I personally dodn't blame them. But guys we are gonna get so busy from this point on in the next few years we are gonna have the rest of the industry following in our COAT TAILS!!!!!!:bgroovy: :smilie_132: :wavey:

When the going gets tough. The tough get going. Thanks for the challenge.

Very positive meeting in Orlando last night. Got to meet the top 2 guys at FedEx freight. Every one of my issues were addressed, and personally I am stoked. Like Doug said "You're basically working for the same company as far as culture, pay, and benefits.
The only difference is that your backed by a $32,000,000,000.00 company. Wow, that's a lot of zeros. The future looks very bright for ALL FedEx employees. What a package we now offer. I think it's going to be great being one of the big boys on the block.

Don't sweat the small stuff guys. The big picture is looking pretty sweet. We're all one big happy family now so lets make this bad boy run circles around the competition.

Huckleberry said:
Very positive meeting in Orlando last night. Got to meet the top 2 guys at FedEx freight. Every one of my issues were addressed, and personally I am stoked.

So did they have answers to the questions about owner operators?

mrblanche said:
Huckleberry said:
Very positive meeting in Orlando last night. Got to meet the top 2 guys at FedEx freight. Every one of my issues were addressed, and personally I am stoked. /QUOTE]

And answers about end of the line (company) hub drivers?

STLFireman said:
That would make sense, if they are leaving at 10 am the freight was probably picked up and loaded the night before so you are already at 1 day then they arrive the next evening, probably to late to deliver so there is day 2, trailer is unloaded that night and set for city del on day 3. So 3 day point.

If you compare the transit maps of each you will see that FXF versus National, transit times at FXF are more aggressive, we cover a lot more area much faster than National and thus the reasoning behind FX offering National at a lower rate, not trying to slam you guys, obviously the market you handle likes what you do or you wouldn't still be in the game, none the less have a major player buy you.

Some here have posted that they haven't figured it all out yet, don't kid yourselves, this has been planned for sometime now and they know exactly what move they are making next, just we the worker ants have been clued in as of yet, but we will.

FM

mrblanche said:
all p&d contracts will go away. They said they would buy the equip. and hire all contractors that are qualified as company employees. They were still considering whether or not to vest their start dates as contractors toward benefits. Line haul contractors will remain the same. A new contract will have to be made up since the old one is with WML. They had not considered tractor colors until the question came up in the meeting.