Yellow | "Cadillac" of Trucking Terminals to be Closed by YRCW

Cadillac?? I assume there are roll doors for the dock doors then??

Anything associated with YRC terminal is more likely a Pontiac or Plymouth.

Brands put out to pasture....

It sucks that Richfield is being closed, but since when is a 202-door facility "one of the largest in the system"?

Last time I checked, Bloomington 830 was over twice that size. That's a nice terminal there, some bad managers and Teamsters, but nice terminal!

Notice the reference, he said he was there 20 years ago, when it was Preston's Cadillac. It footnotes his article was originally published at TDU.

yea right!

Obviously this guy had never seen the copley terminal, it is bye far one of the biggest and best and super clean barns around today...

Stroudsburg Pa, 270 doors on two docks with a backshop and 12 fuel lanes. Within 100 miles of the New York/New Jersey metro area.
Lancaster Pa,
300+ doors and the same type of shop.
Columbus Ohio, Nashville,Memphis, & Chattanooga TN. Just about the same.
Richfield a "Cadillac"? Not even close!

The 257/RFO (old Preston) terminal only has about 170 dock doors and only 4 shop bays. The dock is not very wide and the doors are so close together that to safely spot a trailer a yard horse should be used. The 211 facility in Copley would be closer to being described as a "Cadillac" of a terminal than 257.

it was Preston's Cadillac when Yellow used us as guinia pigs to work the bugs out of the Next Day freight. we made 2 day service from St Louis to Boston thru Richfield. We all thought we owned it. Then we closed. Within a week it had Yellow signs on it, as well as 600 trailers. But we were told we couldn't dovetail because Yellow had nothing to do with Preston.....supposedly they already owned it all......

Toledo is another barn that is more like a cadillac than Richfield,200 doors,huge yard and shop and i get to share it all with 44 other teamsters.There used to be over 1000 of us.

Toledo is another barn that is more like a cadillac than Richfield,200 doors,huge yard and shop and i get to share it all with 44 other teamsters.There used to be over 1000 of us.

And lets not forget the 2 mile walk from the drop line to the dispatch office on the dock:biglaugh:

And lets not forget the 2 mile walk from the drop line to the dispatch office on the dock:biglaugh:

Then lets not Forget the 3/4 walk out to catch the cab. And of corse the sound of seagulls from the roof to keep they from craping on you the hole time. Oh yea the lovely land fill just next door. Gotta love that place indeed. Sorry to hear the board is cut so small.

257=Yugo

257 as a Caddy is a joke! Filled with potholes, Almost every dock plate is shot (12 doors were "out of service" on March 1 due to management not wanting to spend any $ to fix them). Not to mention the doors being so tight you can`t walk between them. 218 is almost just as bad.
Copley is wide, clean & smooth. Much like the rest of Roadways terminals.

writer makes a mistake

The author of the article made one mistake ... and at least one omission. The mistake is that he wonders who will buy the terminal. Since YRC only leased the terminal it already has another owner. The omission is the description of the terminal the work is moving to ... Copley. It is a good terminal near major highways also. If I am not mistaken the work at Richfield originally belonged to local 24 several years back. Local 24 is regaining that work .

257 as a Caddy is a joke! Filled with potholes, Almost every dock plate is shot (12 doors were "out of service" on March 1 due to management not wanting to spend any $ to fix them). Not to mention the doors being so tight you can`t walk between them. 218 is almost just as bad.
Copley is wide, clean & smooth. Much like the rest of Roadways terminals.

the guy who wrote that article had to be joking. I actually think cve is the worst dock of the two and probably one of the worst in the freight industry.I dont know what they were thinking when they chose that piece of ::shit:: dock over copley to run a outbound operation.but as you know, yellow management always makes the right calls.