Holland | Cameras???

You get to a point that you don't even hear the beeping after awhile...and they really suck in the Mtns and curvy roads with guardrails ..beep beep beep beep beep....it's just a ploy to keep guys happy to keep a worn out International..LOL
If you have the beeping going on so often that you become immune to the noise, I recon you need to go to the Northern Flash School of "space and visibility" driving. If you're driving with proper space and visibility, any beeping should be seldom, and get your attention.
Enroll today........

:biglaugh:

If you have the beeping going on so often that you become immune to the noise, I recon you need to go to the Northern Flash School of "space and visibility" driving. If you're driving with proper space and visibility, any beeping should be seldom, and get your attention.
Enroll today........

This is a twofer! No radio in your truck? Just bounce off the zippers to the tune of dave dudley or red simpson.

If memory serves, didnt ABF have to vote on cameras being installed in their last "contract". I dont remember voting on this
Yes the camera thing is in the new contract but I havent seen or heard of any being installed yet. I wouldn't mind a front facing camera so much, but would hate to have one looking at me all the time.

The camera is looking at you all of the time, but not actually filming. You can see the light on the camera change colors when it begins filming. The only time it's filming is when you slam on the brakes, hit hard bumps, or push the automatic filming button if you want to manually turn it on. If you power slam your trailer while hooking up, that can trigger it also. Don't be driving down the road with your pants around your ankles playing with your Johnson, just in case you hit a big bump.

Enroll today........

They beep at guardrails, overpasses, bridges, tunnels, toll booths, hitch hikers, low flying birds etc...I don't care if your driving across the desert..the damn thing is gonna beep at something..lol..that's why you learn to ignore it, I drove with them for 3 yrs, the only time you hear it is in your sleep at home in bed

These bafoons cant affor

I'm sure they are nice. But for a company that continually cries poor, they are an unnecessary expense
Insurance premiums and accident claims are the biggest opportunity to improve for YRC. If they don't invest in this they could see major hikes in premiums. Safety is the biggest expense in the LTL industry. If safety improves, premiums drop as does accidents and that money falls to the bottom line which is what we all want. These cameras are not for disciplinary purposes.

Insurance premiums and accident claims are the biggest opportunity to improve for YRC. If they don't invest in this they could see major hikes in premiums. Safety is the biggest expense in the LTL industry. If safety improves, premiums drop as does accidents and that money falls to the bottom line which is what we all want. These cameras are not for disciplinary purposes.
I say horseshit to this entire post. They will most definitely be used for disciplinary purposes. If this company gave two ***** about safety they would fix their antiques that they put on the road and get rid of these bs home deliveries. Ive seen more lawn tractors and canoes crossing the dock than ever before. As for reducing accidents, they have lowered the hiring standard to the point where all you need is a pulse. You get what you pay for.

If this company cannot afford tires where are they getting the money to buy cameras ? Two of the Ohio terminals had no spare tires last week and I personally had a situation where a shop took two tires off a Sterling in for maintenance to replace two bad trailer tires I had because they had no spares.

They have money to pay James, Jamie, and the rest of the top brass bonuses but cannot afford tires ?

If anybody doesn't think their days of employment are numbered you might want to take a closer look at this leaky sinking ship.

I say horseshit to this entire post. They will most definitely be used for disciplinary purposes. If this company gave two :::shit::: about safety they would fix their antiques that they put on the road and get rid of these bs home deliveries. Ive seen more lawn tractors and canoes crossing the dock than ever before. As for reducing accidents, they have lowered the hiring standard to the point where all you need is a pulse. You get what you pay for.
Wow you are angry but I understand. Your point is well taken but my statement is factual

ABF is self insured how can YRC not be? If you want to control your insurance premiums take control of them.

You apparently have no experience with this company. But keep believing what they feed you.
I think he has plenty of experience inside the office pushing a pencil around.
If this company cannot afford tires where are they getting the money to buy cameras ? Two of the Ohio terminals had no spare tires last week and I personally had a situation where a shop took two tires off a Sterling in for maintenance to replace two bad trailer tires I had because they had no spares.

They have money to pay James, Jamie, and the rest of the top brass bonuses but cannot afford tires ?

If anybody doesn't think their days of employment are numbered you might want to take a closer look at this leaky sinking ship.
You guys ain't the only ones, we can't afford trucks that aren't falling apart or PDA's that work but we can afford to clad our workers in horrific shirts that a monkey wouldn't wear. :shrug: