Holland | can Holland be sold off?

Just my opinion. Might want to apply now to other places. Before the market gets flooded with drivers. Hope it does not happen.

Not going to happen! Your "Owner" is correct, there are many liabilities that would have to be overcome, and folks like your owner salivate at the thought of getting more freight without having to "recruit" it. Truth is that there is a "Plan B" and we will all get to hear about this weekend from our locals. Settle down, Breathe, Get Focused and "Squeeze" the trigger!

If they could be bought they can be sold
When former Pres. of Holland (Rodgers) visited our crap hole, I personally asked him if Holland could be sold off. His answer was NO. I asked why? His answer was because the money is all tied together and it could not be done.
Not saying that he wasn't lying through his teeth, but this isn't rumor because I asked him personally with a lot of other drivers sitting beside me as witnesses.
Just sayin'.

everyone is allowed their opinion.. and I understand how much better it could have been... if we had not given up those concessions we would not have these great jobs...I have been driving for 40 years now...owner operator at United van lines...team driver at 3m The last 10 years at Holland. This is the best job I have ever had. Best pay ,paid time off, holidays , weekends home, and the best benefit package. I needed and appreciate the overtime over 8 ( we have one board here)...benefits not given at our competitors. I do not look forward to possibly starting over on the pay progression, no overtime, worse healthcare that I pay for, and taking 20% of my pay for my retirement. any way you cut it...we would be making less...

everyone is allowed their opinion.. and I understand how much better it could have been... if we had not given up those concessions we would not have these great jobs...I have been driving for 40 years now...owner operator at United van lines...team driver at 3m The last 10 years at Holland. This is the best job I have ever had. Best pay ,paid time off, holidays , weekends home, and the best benefit package. I needed and appreciate the overtime over 8 ( we have one board here)...benefits not given at our competitors. I do not look forward to possibly starting over on the pay progression, no overtime, worse healthcare that I pay for, and taking 20% of my pay for my retirement. any way you cut it...we would be making less...

This last fall I had a friend start in the City with Dayton $19.50/hr. and another friend started road at OD .50/mile. Almost all of the non union companies pay more than YRC.

Every week I see how much i pay this company to work here on the bottom of my check. I understand what I should be making, and understand what my fellow union brothers gave up via pay, vacation, pension. If the pension was never touched about 20 drivers would have already been retired and my spot on the seniority board would be that much better!! So Don't question the worth of my opinion, for mine smells like ass just as yours!!!

Well if the concessions started before you started at holland then you agreed to work there at a certain pay scale and your not paying them anything,

Also it's not yrc that's the problem its YRCW,

Yrc is the combination of yellow and roadway

Yrcw is the holding company that forgets there in the freight industry

Well if the concessions started before you started at holland then you agreed to work there at a certain pay scale and your not paying them anything,

Also it's not yrc that's the problem its YRCW,

Yrc is the combination of yellow and roadway

Yrcw is the holding company that forgets there in the freight industry

Yrc is the money losing pig. They ARE the problem

Yrc is the money losing pig. They ARE the problem

So do you think if yrc went away that holland would be any better off???? You would still have the same holding company controlling your future yrcw,

Roadway was a profitable company and look what yrcw did to them

When former Pres. of Holland (Rodgers) visited our crap hole, I personally asked him if Holland could be sold off. His answer was NO. I asked why? His answer was because the money is all tied together and it could not be done.
Not saying that he wasn't lying through his teeth, but this isn't rumor because I asked him personally with a lot of other drivers sitting beside me as witnesses.
Just sayin'.

That is correct, when they refinanced in 2010 (debt for equity swap) they intertwined all the companies together, YRCW is 1 entity!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You can't kill the yellow pig,only the yellow pig can kill the yellow pig....

I beg to differ cracker, making the yellow pig go into the BIG B will do it. But I'll bet they won't let that happen if this vote turns out to be a NO, they'll come back with just an extension before the BIG B... JMO.

Flash if yrc went away you would still have yrcw still calling the shots, its yrcw that Holland needs to escape from,
I agree, YRCW couldn't run a lemonade stand efficiently. But Holland would be better off to be by themselves. YRC freight does need to learn how to make a profit though.

If I were a rich guy, I'd buy a company like Holland in a heartbeat. I only have the one problem though........I'm short several zeros on my net worth.lol

That is correct, when they refinanced in 2010 (debt for equity swap) they intertwined all the companies together, YRCW is 1 entity!

Ok then can you explain if we were all one company on how they could close one down [Newpenn] without closing them all down because they had the balls to say "NO"..

Ok then can you explain if we were all one company on how they could close one down [Newpenn] without closing them all down because they had the balls to say "NO"..

A company can close any division of the entity at anytime they choose.

Then why can't they sell it?? And I don't believe they can't..
Sorry I should have been clearer on my post, to my understanding YRC can't file bankruptcy and spin off Holland to stay afloat....if one goes down all goes down, if someone was to buy Holland they assume the pension liability and snap back clause would assume full pay also.

This last fall I had a friend start in the City with Dayton $19.50/hr. and another friend started road at OD .50/mile. Almost all of the non union companies pay more than YRC.

so true ...................but when old dominion and others doesn't pay overtime and you pay for insurance or don't get pay for delay time as a road driver etc..............there not making more and ultimate no protection get 20 years and one day in 20 you show up late for the first time in 20 years they can fire you to save big money and hire a new guy we have conway guys that had similar things happen like that who work here now