ODFL | Canton Ohio

Off the street unless there are some employees wanting to transfer.You might email corp from the OD website to see where/when to apply.

I know a lot of OD city & line haul who work out of Cleveland & Youngstown term., that live in the Akron/Canton area who will transfer because of the drive. OD needed that term. for long time to come.

Anyone know the best way to apply for this position ? On there website there is nothing noteworthy about this new terminal.

Honestly, their will probably not be many open positions as most are transfers. You will not see anything on the website until closer to the time of the terminal's opening around June if they do post for anything. Sorry for the bad news, but hope this helps.

Based on what I saw there a few weeks ago, they better get to work if they're gonna have it up and running by anything close to spring.

The terminal already has people up there in it.... They filled all the positions and most of them were transfers from columbus cleveland and youngstown... Our terminal manager in COH was doing the hiring for them up there

The new opening date has been pushed to July... Hopefully not any further. Most of the employee's are transfers as previously mentioned. Those who were hired were done so through COH/CLE. The Canton manager has been training for the past few weeks and was brought in from the outside. Can't wait to see it open. Its been a long time coming.

Yes canton manager came from Fedex Freight, and all the hiring is done through Columbus (COH) they put Bill ***** our terminal manager in charge of doing all of the hiring for canton not CLE. The opening date is much closer than July. They will have it open by the end of May if not sooner there are already drivers at the facility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see it happening that quick. Went by the property a few weeks ago, the concrete forms for the dock were still up, no walls or roof anywhere.

Next time I'm down that way I'll get pics for you guys.

I am on here to give info to all interested and not to argue "OD driver". I am a supervisor who is involved in this opening. No one is currently working in Canton as it is nothing more than a construction site at this point. I was past it today. The terminal manager is from Fedex National and the opening date is set for July. It is true that the COH t/m(you are not supposed to post names on t/b of those who are alive) has participated in some hiring, but CLE (where most of the business is being taken from) is the main point of hire as this is where the new t/m is training.

Update. Took these pics yesterday. July looks like a stretch to me.
431019d5.jpg

6d8c81fa.jpg

Looks identical to a lot of new-build OD terminals,they must work off a master set of plans for terminal facilities.