TForce | Card Check Phase 1/ Next Week!

teamster elvis

TB Veteran
Credits
The IBT will notify those locals who have been selected for the beginning of an historical agreement. The card check nuetrality portion of the Indy. contract will kick off the middle of next week. Phase 1 of the drive will begin the middle of next week, upon notification of locals who represent terminals with strong support. The IBT are very confident that this program will gain speed and momentom as locals gain members. A second phase is expected to follow close behind. As another poster likes to say. "Only time will tell" Well I think it's time. Elvis out and dancing with horses....
PS. Bargaining and negotiating as a region or a block of several terminals is on the table!

Just speculation.
But maybe there will be meetings with all of the Teamsters local halls where by they will write our names on their roster to see if theres at least 65% of that terminal interested in signing cards?

I remember the last local meeting we went to the president,had the VP of the local put a clipboard out for all of us that attended to sign our names on.

I know from reading the unions organizing plan thats on here.
The Teamster want to know if at least 65% are interested in the card check.
So they don't waste their time getting the process stuck .

PS. Bargaining and negotiating as a region or a block of several terminals is on the table!

I got off the phone with IBT Joint Council 10, New England is still up first. Our cards are heading to Washington Mon or Tues. We will be bargaining for a regional contract. BTW, it will be seperate from the Indy contract. :1036316054:

Good luck to all regions. Watch as this goes down like a house of cards!!!

Very interesting hugnlug,that you say the wheels are in motion up in the New England region for your terminals.
All we have around here so far ar flat tires.

Well Apo we have been at it for almost 2yrs. This region is very pro-union. New York and New Jersey too. Guess we'll lead the horses out of the barn.

WE were told today that phase 1 will start next week our rep told me that they are going to do all of the 3 colorado terms at once and we would have to neg a supplemental con with indy as an outline ?

It seems that alot of guys are posting that there local said that they will be the first to go. First thing is that there are no cards to turn in just yet. The UPSF cards will only be given out now the the card check agreement is done. Any other union card is worthless for the CCA. The one thing I can say about my local pres. is that he has never lead us on. He told me straight out that the list of terminals that will go first is still not known. He said that we are in a good spot because of our long term interest and strong support, but there are no locals that know for sure who will be choosen, not until next week. We are having a meeting on the 12th and will find out what the long term plan is, we can only keep our fingers crossed.

Well Apo we have been at it for almost 2yrs. This region is very pro-union. New York and New Jersey too. Guess we'll lead the horses out of the barn.
Funny, there's no teamster support at HRS.And that's about 900 people. What does it matter what a couple of small terminals do, if you dont have the big dog behind YOU!!

Funny, there's no teamster support at HRS.And that's about 900 people. What does it matter what a couple of small terminals do, if you dont have the big dog behind YOU!!

Good for you guys. I am not concerned with HRS. That's your deal. The bottom line is we will be supplement of the NMA at UPS, just like menlo. I feel sorry for you guys at the giant terminals. I wouldn't want to work there. Every guy at our terminal knows one and other and that is what makes us tight. How can you be tight with 900 people. I guess the union will just skip over you for now. The company doesn't revolve around any one terminal.:smilie_132:

Hrs. was a big dog back in the "O" days. Now Hrs. has no pull like they used to. Big or small your just a number in the eye's of UPS.

It seems that alot of guys are posting that there local said that they will be the first to go. First thing is that there are no cards to turn in just yet. The UPSF cards will only be given out now the the card check agreement is done. Any other union card is worthless for the CCA. The one thing I can say about my local pres. is that he has never lead us on. He told me straight out that the list of terminals that will go first is still not known. He said that we are in a good spot because of our long term interest and strong support, but there are no locals that know for sure who will be choosen, not until next week. We are having a meeting on the 12th and will find out what the long term plan is, we can only keep our fingers crossed.

The last thing they want now is for a terminal to vote it down. :biglaugh:

Good for you guys. I am not concerned with HRS. That's your deal. The bottom line is we will be supplement of the NMA at UPS, just like menlo. I feel sorry for you guys at the giant terminals. I wouldn't want to work there. Every guy at our terminal knows one and other and that is what makes us tight. How can you be tight with 900 people. I guess the union will just skip over you for now. The company doesn't revolve around any one terminal.:smilie_132:

I think you are looking at it wrong. With 900 people you have more that think and are not willing to jump.:hysterical:

Just speculation.
But maybe there will be meetings with all of the Teamsters local halls where by they will write our names on their roster to see if theres at least 65% of that terminal interested in signing cards?

I remember the last local meeting we went to the president,had the VP of the local put a clipboard out for all of us that attended to sign our names on.

I know from reading the unions organizing plan thats on here.
The Teamster want to know if at least 65% are interested in the card check.
So they don't waste their time getting the process stuck .

It's funny, our TM had a meeting on friday explaining the card check, a letter from Jack H , and the letter mentioned 50+1 in the terminal as being enough and the Teamsters suggest otherwise.

So 65% will get the ball rolling for the teamsters to avoid an alternate union from putting the tiebosh on the organizing effort.

One would think if you have the votes , run with it quick.

It's funny, our TM had a meeting on friday explaining the card check, a letter from Jack H , and the letter mentioned 50+1 in the terminal as being enough and the Teamsters suggest otherwise.

So 65% will get the ball rolling for the teamsters to avoid an alternate union from putting the tiebosh on the organizing effort.

One would think if you have the votes , run with it quick.

Yes, and at our next meeting we will tell all the guys not to sign anything except the teamster union cards. We will explain what is the law and that a wolf in sheeps clothing will be exposed.