Career Ending Operation???

UPDATE: July 12, 2021

if anyone were to say that the government runs smoothly or efficiently, call me so i can go over to thier house, and kick them in the frigging teeth.

by CERTIFIED MAIL, with a return receipt at the cost of $8.00, to go oh maybe 1/2 to 3/4's of a mile from the post office, to the SS Admin building downtown, back in mid May.....

they "can't find" my paperwork...........

like WTF.....???

i said to the gal that answered to phone promptly at 9 AM when i called today, asking for an update on my claim..

i told her the name of the person accepting the mail, the date it was accepted (2 days later).

she said she cannot find my paperwork.

the forms are always scanned into the computer, mine have not been.

i was told that many of the SS people are still working from home......

like WTF.....???

so, i hurriedly called my lawyer, but i saved the final decree in my emails from him, and asked him when it was signed by the judge, and yup, i found that.....

the final decree was signed on March 3rd, but it took forever to be processed and i got it, via email early to mid May, then mailed it in.

so as the gal said at the SS office, i have to send it all in again, at yet another cost of $8.00, and to include a letter from me, saying my w/c case has ended.......i was NOT told that the first, time, that's what the FINAL DECREE STATES..!!!!!!

like WTF....???

so here i sit, and actually GLAD that i made that phone call for that update, on my claim.

i can place blame on the A-stereotypical guberment worker, the covid crises, and the A-stereotypical guberment worker.

how could the ordinary, average US Citizen be held at fault..?? when YOU DO AS INSTRUCTED..???

oh yeah, one more thing, i was told the FIRST time, to put my SS number on the paperwork....and I DID...

and THIS TIME..??

every god forsaken piece of paperwork i sent in again..??

HAS my SS number on it

which is why the certified mail, to (hopefully) secure my information

like WTF....???

teeth kicking time.......
HAND DELIVER

Yes.

Chase after everything that moves on paper with documents in your hand. Ready to show the Social Security Administrative Judge whats specifically what.

It took 15 months for mine to resolve in front of a judge. Little Rock did gain possession of my actual handwritten applications and other records dating to when I was born. Reading that folder what was couriered to Little Rock from some dusty federal archives was a form of schooling in of itself.

That file combined from both Federal and State archives in the original consisted of a folder or two when stacked on a table sits about 2 inches high. All of that contents pertained to me specifically in some way. Particularly wages earned over my lifetime to the penny.

Never mind the blessed 8 dollars. I would hate to see that as a thing that breaks the camels back after overgross weight.

Sounds like SSA is deliberately being obtuse. Your Judge banged the gavel on your entire case and says to Uncle Sam to PAY you.

Well between getting the order from the Judge to cough up money to your pocket are sometimes two very different problems of themselves.
well, i have a ss disability lawyer, that got me onto disability a couple of years ago. should this happen again, i will give him a call for sure.

i just mailed yesterday (certified again), so they should have gotten it today, or by tomorrow for sure.

then i still have to wait. this time, i might only wait about 3 weeks.

other than that, i can't say i know what else to do.

well, i have a ss disability lawyer, that got me onto disability a couple of years ago. should this happen again, i will give him a call for sure.

i just mailed yesterday (certified again), so they should have gotten it today, or by tomorrow for sure.

then i still have to wait. this time, i might only wait about 3 weeks.

other than that, i can't say i know what else to do.
Can't fight government stupidity.

UPDATE: July 22, 2021

well hell's bells..........

i updated you about the SS administration NOT getting my certified mail sent documents weeks ago, even though, someone there signed for them..!!

so when i called, i was told that i had to re-send everything again, which i did again, and by certified mail, again, and it was signed by the same person, again...

so the gal at the SS office earlier this morning when i called for an update, said.....

THEY GOT ALL MY PAPERWORK.....!!!!!!

she went on to tell me the guy who has all that paperwork, and in "due time", he will send out a notice of my SSDI payments.....

YAY ME...........

sheesh, how can you NOT find certified mail, that was signed for??????

that's the whole reason to send important mail, to show proof someone actually received it.

anyway, when i get updated from the SS Admin people, i'll update then.

but tell you what too..........

this whole fiasco, from the night i first got hurt, is as bad as a soap opera.

UPDATE: August 7, 2021

ok, so i went to the SS website for my account. it shows at least 2 things

1) my next monthly SS check, will still be the percentage of the full amount.

2) there is a letter as well, that i am now going to get my FULL SS benefits most likely, starting in Sept.

but here is "some" confusion on my part.

the letter online, states that i am entitled to SS disability benefits.

the letter i got in the mail.......makes NO mention of disability

i will be calling the lawyer, that got me on the disability payments, sometime next week.

i need to know if this means that due to my age (64 and 7 months), if they are just cutting me off disability now, since i am so close to 65?

reason being, i'd like to find a part time job, maybe as a security guard, and since i have my ccw, an armed guard.

there would be limits in how many hours i can work, and how much money i can earn, in a year. then i believe that after the age of 72? a person can earn all they want.

it is also highly possible, that another letter from SS will arrive, with a correction, Mentioning, disability, where then, i cannot seek part time employment.

i'd prefer a "sedentary" type of job, or low physical type of job that does not involve lifting. maybe even a janitorial job, washing floors, or something.

retirement sucks.

only so much time i can spend at the shooting ranges, (ammo costs money) taking care of the house, (more money gets sucked outta my wallet) etc.

i need to "get out" and do something, and maybe earn some money.

UPDATE: August 7, 2021

ok, so i went to the SS website for my account. it shows at least 2 things

1) my next monthly SS check, will still be the percentage of the full amount.

2) there is a letter as well, that i am now going to get my FULL SS benefits most likely, starting in Sept.

but here is "some" confusion on my part.

the letter online, states that i am entitled to SS disability benefits.

the letter i got in the mail.......makes NO mention of disability

i will be calling the lawyer, that got me on the disability payments, sometime next week.

i need to know if this means that due to my age (64 and 7 months), if they are just cutting me off disability now, since i am so close to 65?

reason being, i'd like to find a part time job, maybe as a security guard, and since i have my ccw, an armed guard.

there would be limits in how many hours i can work, and how much money i can earn, in a year. then i believe that after the age of 72? a person can earn all they want.

it is also highly possible, that another letter from SS will arrive, with a correction, Mentioning, disability, where then, i cannot seek part time employment.

i'd prefer a "sedentary" type of job, or low physical type of job that does not involve lifting. maybe even a janitorial job, washing floors, or something.

retirement sucks.

only so much time i can spend at the shooting ranges, (ammo costs money) taking care of the house, (more money gets sucked outta my wallet) etc.

i need to "get out" and do something, and maybe earn some money.
Nope, they should have you on SSDI until you reach full retirement age..Which for you is probably about 66 years and 6 months.
At that time it will turn into SS retirement.
You also will be getting your back pay for the difference in monthly pay.
That goes back to when you filed something stating that you settled with WC.
I’m going off my experience with this.

Nope, they should have you on SSDI until you reach full retirement age..Which for you is probably about 66 years and 6 months.
At that time it will turn into SS retirement.
You also will be getting your back pay for the difference in monthly pay.
That goes back to when you filed something stating that you settled with WC.
I’m going off my experience with this.
yes, i got the back payments. that came about 2 weeks ago.

it is as far as i can see, my full retirement money that i will be getting each month.

i will call the disability lawyer, tuesday, since monday here, is a state holiday.

I run off SSDI Myself it is your full SS Retirement check if you were filed after age 65 or so. (Smaller if you filed at 62 and about 30% bigger if you hold off until about 68 or so give or take a year for Full Retirement Filing.

At some point after I turn 65, that SSDI could convert to normal SSA Retirement. However I probably will hold off filing until 68 or so which is my age group for full retirement benefits which provides a 30% boost. If SSA converted it automatically at some point after 65 then it does not matter anymore because the amount will not be less.

One cravat. In about 2024 to 2034 give or take 10 years or even more, SSA will be out of the main Fund for Mandatory Payments to all across their system. SSDI, SSI, Survivors, spouse, SSA etc etc etc all recipients will face a mandatory loss of 26% of whatever monthly income they get.

IF Congress can be bothered to refill the trust fund with one of their multi trillion dollar fund bills before that depletion then SSA will be fine for another 100 years. Currently the rate of increasing retirees, disabled and so forth will top out at about 2050 and decline rapidly after for 35 years give or take. If Congress does nothing then by 2034, your check whatever it is will be lighter by 26% mandatory cut minimum.

I had already positioned myself against my budget that I can withstand a 60% loss in benefits or total cash only. COLA or CPI increases annually slowly grow the check each year. This year I think it will be around 6 to 10% Increase. Many years since the Bush years was nothing at all or extremely little. The last really BIG congressional increases were back in the mid 50's and again in the 70's when Fed under Volker imposed a 20% interest rate increase across the board.

If My spouse goes before I do (Same with me) then survivors will be added on at the VA. Essentially double dipping. Im worth more dead than alive so spouse is well taken care of should I go before she does. No worries here either way.

One last thought. Medicare and Medicaid systems in terms of spending is number two behind SSA and VA in top USA Budget spending, while the Military is third. All of that crap equals essentially the entire US Budget of 4 trillion per annum. If not more. The rest of it across the other 10 or so Titled Agencies is nickely and dimey stuff.

I run off SSDI Myself it is your full SS Retirement check if you were filed after age 65 or so. (Smaller if you filed at 62 and about 30% bigger if you hold off until about 68 or so give or take a year for Full Retirement Filing.
here's some of what the online letter says..

"Beginning March 2021, the full SS benefit before any deduction's is.......XXXXX"

so, since the judges hammer came down on my claim in March of 2021, i'm only assuming that they (SS) put me onto regular SS now?

it can't really matter, i am on Medicare, and they deduct that money monthly automatically.

then, further down the letter, it says....

"we found that you became disabled under our rules on April 10, 2014"...
(the date of my injury)

now, here is what some of the letter says, that they snail mailed me...

"We do not reduce your monthly SS benefits once your worker's comp payments stop. We changed your monthly benefit to the full rate of $xxxxxx"

"we will continue to deduct the Medicare Part B (medical insurance) premium of $XXX from your payments."

never once in the letter, sent to me by snail mail, do they mention disability.....

so again, i'm "assuming" they just switched me over to full SS now, rather than at 66 yrs of age, knowing that i cannot return to work..??

as i had mentioned, if this is so, then i will want to "seek out" some sort of part-time employment, cuz i have been going stir crazy staying at home. i need another distraction from looking at this old house, and the repairs that need to be done....

it's a "honey do list" that never ends........

if i remain on the disability status, then seeking work can make them (SS) pull away my benefits, since i am able to go back to work......(even part time, as the disability lawyer told me years ago)

do you guys "see" what i am saying?

i'm going to call the SS disability lawyer, first, see if he can see me in his office, and show him both letters, and advise me what to do next.

It’s staying as SSDI until you reach your full retirement age…Then it converts over to SS.
It is the same amount $$$ , it’s just how they word it to cover all the recipients.
After you were on disability for 2 years you became eligible for Medicare, we all did.
You are fine, and with you getting a lump back pay it shows everything was done correctly or you would not have got it…EVERYTHING is fine it sounds like,
I will hit full retirement age in 8 months then mine will say retirement but the dollar amount should stay the same.

You are doing ok looks like.

The loose feather would be paying premiums on your Medicare. You can call in and have that taken care of for you with that amount put back into your SS Check each month.

I do not use traditional medicare. I use a Insurance Company provided coverage with a small premium extra (About 10.00 a month) for extra stuff above and beyond the contracted coverage.

If your SS Income from any source is less than Federal Minimum for poverty for one (About 17000 annual income ish...) your state has a extra help for medicines and such other things. Some of my medicines prescribed approached 30,000 a year billable. My pharmacy laughed and when they quit laughing they gave me standard medicines that did the same job on 3.00 copays. Just because I had awesome insurance does not mean the pharmacy will take advantage and rake in 30,000 dollars.

As a side note, our regional Freds who had a pharmacy system tried to buy CVS. Little fish choked on swallowing really big national fish trying to get all of the USA Pharmacy Business to compete with Walgreens. (And ambitions to buy them lock stock and barrel... such ambition and greed was boundless) well, Freds ceased to exist pretty promptly. Poof. Out of business. CVS I think was bought by Walgreens who was bigger and then scorched or burnt to the ground. Poof no more of that. Talk about eliminating your competition.

Never ever get medicines of any kind from Walmart. It will take you three days. I am not kidding. The last time I picked up pain meds I had 40 people as a concealed carry waiting behind me. The stupid white coat announced in a LOUD voice THIS IS OXYCODONE. 15mg 4 times daily. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? The whole effing store focused on me. Half of whom probably wanted to take me out before I escaped with it. I actually had 40 rounds on 6 reloads give or take a few. But against 50 examining me... shudders.

Another thought is earned income. You can work part time doing whatever. Up to a certain amount. I forget exactly how much that was. But above that monthly income your SS Check will start being deducted at a rate I think 1 for 2 dollars until zero. If you flipped burgers and raked in 5,000 dollars wages in one month, your check will be zero but you are still disabled

Once you are issued normal SSA Retirement checks after 67 or whatever age, they no longer give a damn how much you earn in wages. It could be half a million as US President and you will still get your checks.

Last edited:
You are doing ok looks like.

The loose feather would be paying premiums on your Medicare. You can call in and have that taken care of for you with that amount put back into your SS Check each month.
how do i do this..??

get that deduction put back in???

UPDATE: August 10, 2021

ok first, earlier this morning, i called the lawyer that got me on disability, and i see him next week, so he can see the letter(s), and advise me on "earning" some money.

here is a time line on the SS letter(s)

August 3, 2021.....this letter mentions twice, i was found to be disabled

August 6, 2021....this letter DOES NOT mention i am disabled

August 10, 2021.....this letter mentions TWICE, i am disabled..

so to fully be certain, that IF i seek out some sort of part time work, i do not lose anything.

so i gotta get that from the lawyer, next week.

thanks for responding, this is nerve wracking.

With SSDI the key word is

"Earned income"

You can have Uncle P drop dead and hand you a billion dollars and they don't count.

However standing over a French fry pot filling fries for a Mcdees sure as hell count on those wages. Whatever they are.

With SSDI the key word is

"Earned income"

You can have Uncle P drop dead and hand you a billion dollars and they don't count.

However standing over a French fry pot filling fries for a Mcdees sure as hell count on those wages. Whatever they are.
yeah, i hit the lottery months ago, not a huge amount, only about $5,000.

i called SS, and the gal said that lottery winnings does not count towards earned income.

what did you mean in posting # 853 when you said..

"The loose feather would be paying premiums on your Medicare. You can call in and have that taken care of for you with that amount put back into your SS Check each month."

yeah, i hit the lottery months ago, not a huge amount, only about $5,000.

i called SS, and the gal said that lottery winnings does not count towards earned income.

what did you mean in posting # 853 when you said..

"The loose feather would be paying premiums on your Medicare. You can call in and have that taken care of for you with that amount put back into your SS Check each month."
To answer your question you have this to consider...

How do you qualify for $148.50 back from Medicare? If you have Parts A and B, you can enroll in an Advantage plan with a give-back option. These plans reduce your Part B premium up to the full standard amount of $148.50 each month and add the money to your Social Security check.

You can also call your SS Agency and ask about getting your Medicare money back each month. I think what happens is that once you are enrolled in that Advantage (Any number of major insurance companies contract to Uncle Sam to provide Medicare and Medicaid services but with some plans they offer, your premiums are put back in. Minus possible a few dollars for a gold or bigger plan.

I am with United Healthcare. Used to be Aetna but my county lost Aetna as a valid provider. So everything was shifted to UC. And they took care of all that on their end.

The extra help program is via DHS and is state based. They pay the differences between your medicine copays of like 3 bucks or something. Your county or state DHS can help you with that and about roughly 90 other programs that might fit your situation and provide you with a better quality of life in a way.

The key to extra help is this. If you are part of this plan with the State, and depending on the advantage plan you select (Or is picked based on your needs) Generally but not always major hospital work A and B are taken care of. Traditional Medicare cheerfully bills you 20%. So 20% of around 80000 dollars incurred last month would be about 17000 give or take due today. Just not happening. UC takes care of that.

I worked too damn hard in trucking for to allow the Government to fix things I cannot afford, but not all of us retire with a mountain of money after a lifetime of work or disability.

My situation is changing a little bit and am learning new ways of living with various issues that develop. So constant contact with SSA, DHS, UC and all of that is almost endless.

To answer your question you have this to consider...

How do you qualify for $148.50 back from Medicare? If you have Parts A and B, you can enroll in an Advantage plan with a give-back option. These plans reduce your Part B premium up to the full standard amount of $148.50 each month and add the money to your Social Security check.
i have BC& BS medicare advantage, but i'll have to call them to see if this plan, has that payback.

That's the thing. I hope they do.

Part of the problem was through hook, crook and divers designs (Old term I can try another if needed) Congress let Medicare sit as is unless individuals call and ask. Then they will be "Issued it"

That sort of saves Uncle Sam a few dollars in the long ron, if a Title Beneficiary does not know he or she is legally able to get extra benefits like Part C (Vision, Hearing etc) then the Government does not have to spend anything. That's the problem because many do not know.

I consider Medicaid somewhat more dangerous than Medicare, only because they strictly limit medicines to three times daily for schedule two and three.