Career Ending Operation???

That's the thing. I hope they do.

Part of the problem was through hook, crook and divers designs (Old term I can try another if needed) Congress let Medicare sit as is unless individuals call and ask. Then they will be "Issued it"

That sort of saves Uncle Sam a few dollars in the long ron, if a Title Beneficiary does not know he or she is legally able to get extra benefits like Part C (Vision, Hearing etc) then the Government does not have to spend anything. That's the problem because many do not know.

I consider Medicaid somewhat more dangerous than Medicare, only because they strictly limit medicines to three times daily for schedule two and three.
well the thing is, when i got put onto disability, my free state workmans comp health care (united health) stopped. so i had to buy BC/BS for the advantage plan, which they were the ONLY ones that would sell it to me, due to my younger age. had i been say 65 at the time? i'd have my choice of health care insurers.

now, until i call BC/BS later this morning, it was NEVER mentioned when i signed up that BC/BS had a "pay back" to SS plan.

i do get all my meds for ZIP, thru my pharmacy, or thru thier mail order.(walgreen's prime)

i also get "health wellness rewards" yearly, for doctor exams. i also get monthly OTC meds, vitamins, etc, for ZIP, up to $100 each month.

so as i see it, i may be making out well with all those "benefits"..

but to pay back the $148 to SS each month, would be even "nicer".

i dunno, i see so many people, getting things for "free", and i as an american have to pay for it.....

My insurance companies send me letters. Formatted in a certain way.

Instead of saying we think you have mental issues, you are told to read this letter and bring it to your family doctor. And its written like this.

I will go to my family physician and I will explain about mental issues based on the previous failed questionnaire filled out recently for Insurance etc.

I will this I will that I will etc etc etc.

Those are the letters that get ripped up and burnt. I will be goddamned.

I am almost at the point of doing without entirely. All those little benefits. They offered me a complete covid test kit last year with Tamiflu pills etc. I laughed at them. Threw that letter away.

They offered me a bunch of pharmacy and food buying. WTF? I laughed at that too. They are constantly shoving stuff at me that I don't want or need. Which I know will cost the USA people more money than they are already paying.

The thing about the mental issue is a fabrication for purposes of this post. They constantly send me questionars and loaded surverys deisgned to determine if I am compliant or not.

I am not compliant. They get no response. They don't like it? Tough.

My Health Insurance policy sent me a letter like "a PCP Visit and having them answer and SIGN the paper" so I can receive some allotted amount ($100.00) on the Health Insurance Credit Card (for Health stuff at CVS and related stores).
I'm not able to complete for one of the questions being "I have not spent one night in a hospital in the last year". They are who approved the procedures, so no chance I can FIB, for what, a measly $100.00?
Bladder Cancer Surgery, late June.
Letter arrived July.

The Monthly Charge was reduced about $70.00 for some reason (until 12/31/21 [?]), so that's fine and dandy, when it'll be Re-Acquired.
Now to pay off "my end of the Surgery and Care costs", soon as they arrive.
Most of them have been 0, $5.00, $10.00. One is 1375.00. Considering what the charges were for the whole shebang (saw an estimate charge of 95k), $1500.00 or even $3,000.00 is much better than Out-Of-Pocket/No Insurance.
CHEERS!!

Last edited:
UPDATE: August 19, 2021

i went yesterday (8/18/21) to the lawyer that got me onto disability.

i showed him the 4 SS letters, where 3 say "disabled" on them, and one does not.

he said, i am fine. i should be on disability until i reach 66.5 years, then go onto regular SS. he went on the say there "might be" a small difference in monthly payments, when that happens.

he had no real answer as to why one SS letter did not mention disabled...

could have been an over sight at that particular time.

so then i asked if i can "seek" and gain part time employment, such as maybe part time, security guard work, or even some sort of cleaning crew.

he said there is a 9 month period, in which people on disability can do this, to "try out" a job, then either quit or continue..and not be bothered by SS.

the caveat here though, is what i can earn, and stay under the radar of a possible re-evaluation of my disability.

that "magic" earning money would be UNDER $1300 gross per month, preferably under $1200.

of course, i'd have to report any earnings to SS.

so, i will give this some consideration, i am bored as all hell being home. going to the shooting range or club is nice, but that costs money.....

staying home sucks, cuz every time i turn around, something needs fixing, and i am limited in what i can physically do. (for instance, i cannot climb a ladder anymore)

i was seriously considering an armed security job, but i'd have to get a carry permit through my Attorney General's office, as that allows for more of an "open carry" for security work.

and the BS of all i had to go through AND MORE to obtain one, is down right RIDICULOUS....for part time work..?????

so unarmed would be best.

i still want to talk with my CPA regarding this as well.

i don't "see" me trying any type of part time work until the end of the year at the very least.

GREETINGS pro1,

I gave a go at acquiring information regarding "security work", I believe in '08 to '10.
Found out "too damn many "*stipulations/requirements*" and that was for Unarmed.
Military style!
These "specs" were for NC! Other States, I've zero idea.

* Have to buy your own Uniforms, usually Black.
* Black Ties, not "clip-on".
* Have to be "certified" every year.
*Uniforms need Creases.
* Have to have your Uniform Shirt tucked in and Buttons must line up with Pants Zipper.
* Shoes have to shine, so soft soled were out.
* Some "jobs/positions" are walking around more than "sitting and/or watching a multi-camera screen".
* Usually less pay than some other less formal gigs. (Maybe $15.00+ hourly now?)
* There might be some PHYSICAL requirements: Climbing, Crawling, Lifting.
* Might be a need to use your vehicle for Patrolling.

If you have Military or Martial Arts Training or related, give it a go.
---------------------------------------------------------
Cleaning Crew:
Depends upon what one is cleaning.
Janitorial would probably/likely include Stooping, Bending Over, Reaching, Pushing/Pulling, Carrying (short Step Ladder, Mop Bucket, Mop, Broom, Trash Bins), Climbing (Stairs, Ladder).
Last time I did any Janitorial Work probably in '94 or '95.
CHEERS!!

Last edited:
GREETINGS pro1,

I gave a go at acquiring information regarding "security work", I believe in '08 to '10.
Found out "too damn many "*stipulations/requirements*" and that was for Unarmed.
Military style!
These "specs" were for NC! Other States, I've zero idea.

* Have to buy your own Uniforms, usually Black.
* Black Ties, not "clip-on".
* Have to be "certified" every year.
*Uniforms need Creases.
* Have to have your Uniform Shirt tucked in and Buttons must line up with Pants Zipper.
* Shoes have to shine, so soft soled were out.
* Some "jobs/positions" are walking around more than "sitting and/or watching a multi-camera screen".
* Usually less pay than some other less formal gigs. (Maybe $15.00+ hourly now?)
* There might be some PHYSICAL requirements: Climbing, Crawling, Lifting.
* Might be a need to use your vehicle for Patrolling.

If you have Military or Martial Arts Training or related, give it a go.
---------------------------------------------------------
Cleaning Crew:
Depends upon what one is cleaning.
Janitorial would probably/likely include Stooping, Bending Over, Reaching, Pushing/Pulling, Carrying (short Step Ladder, Mop Bucket, Mop, Broom, Trash Bins), Climbing (Stairs, Ladder).
Last time I did any Janitorial Work probably in '94 or '95.
CHEERS!!
yeah, i actually did security AND cleaning work as a teen/early 20's, while going to trade school, then again going to trucking school.

can't recall the pay back then, but minimum was about $3.25 per hour, and either job paid just under $4.00 per hour.......i musta been rolling in the dough back then.,...huh...???

one security job, for a banking concern is starting at $28.00 per hour (armed)

but again, i went thru some BS to get the local police dept to "grant me" a ccw, and if i go the armed guard route, they all want the A/G's office permit, which basically "allows" open carry for security work.

i cannot "see" bothering the same 3 people again to write up letters, and THIS time, the police chief MUST also write up a letter....!! like with all of my city's problems right now, he's got time for that..???

gimme a break......on the special needs requirements..

just use what i got, and gimme a damned permit.

UPDATE: August 31st, 2021

since talking with the disability lawyer, i have considered doing part time work (under 25 hours each week), to keep the monthly pay below the SSDI radar screen.

and i still MUST see my CPA as well regarding all of this.

i had considered custodial, security guard, and now, vacuum sweeping parking lots.

believe it or not, i had planned on calling the vacuum sweeping job this week, but now, i have a building inspection this week (totally caught me off guard) with the phone call from the electrical contractor.

anyway's i may be more "interested" in the vac truck job, especially if i ask them if they need a "weekend" guy. don't know anything yet on pay, hours, etc.

but they do have non-CDL vac trucks. and from the description, no heavy anything to do...

"just drive around aimlessly in a parking lot"...lol

i wish this danged inspection did not pop up like this.

more on this.....

later.

UPDATE (of sorts) October 15, 2021

my mailman, is my shooting partner. (when he has his days off)

I bought his sister's and her husband's guns. they bought them, and put them into the closet, never shooting them.

so any way, his sister is head of the HR Dept of a city (just not my city) . my buddy, sent me an email that "if anyone knows, someone who wants a p/t security guard job, email.....XXXXX"

(this would be for like the elderly apartments) as far as i know right now

so i did, a couple of days ago. told her i can work part time, nights if possible, and limited hours, due to my SSDI monthly benefits.

pay is not bad really, almost as good as a local drivers job!

i'll keep you posted, cuz i also will be calling a sweeping company, that sweeps parking lots, no CDL require.

You really dont want parking lots. Where we are sometimes people puke. Usually while in withdrawals fighting walmart pharmacy for medicine refills of the narcotic kind. So they puke quietly outside.

Elderly apartments needing security? You must be in a gang area for that or something. Usually Elderly buildings are extremely boring, QUIET places, almost a tomb. Pending a occasional ambulance call to spice things up.

Or two neighbors 4 doors apart feuding over the botched puzzle problem in the community room or something. Such high drama.

I have worked part time before under disability, that is not a issue. I think there is a magic number you can earn each month (A few hundred dollars or a little more) before the SSA starts taking away a couple dollars for one or is it one dollar for every couple dollars earned.

The reason I dont work part time now is because the work location is not yet paying enough per hour or per day to profit the gas and food burn needed for a round trip to and from that work location. I think it's about roughly 20 dollars in gas and food each workday. Some days you only got a hour for 40 bucks before taxes. Its not enough for me to go down there and make a profit.

And employers worry about getting workers. Pay me 100 dollars or 150 for the day and I'll be right there bright and early.

No wally werld (or similar) lots as the poo bags will clog the system.

Armed sweeping gigs?
i hadn't really thought about wally's world, i can always do an online application and pysc evaluation...

You really dont want parking lots. Where we are sometimes people puke. Usually while in withdrawals fighting walmart pharmacy for medicine refills of the narcotic kind. So they puke quietly outside.

Elderly apartments needing security? You must be in a gang area for that or something. Usually Elderly buildings are extremely boring, QUIET places, almost a tomb. Pending a occasional ambulance call to spice things up.

Or two neighbors 4 doors apart feuding over the botched puzzle problem in the community room or something. Such high drama.

I have worked part time before under disability, that is not a issue. I think there is a magic number you can earn each month (A few hundred dollars or a little more) before the SSA starts taking away a couple dollars for one or is it one dollar for every couple dollars earned.

The reason I dont work part time now is because the work location is not yet paying enough per hour or per day to profit the gas and food burn needed for a round trip to and from that work location. I think it's about roughly 20 dollars in gas and food each workday. Some days you only got a hour for 40 bucks before taxes. Its not enough for me to go down there and make a profit.

And employers worry about getting workers. Pay me 100 dollars or 150 for the day and I'll be right there bright and early.
yeah, it is a high rise, they also have a row of apartments. it's not exactly in the best of the best hoods. neither building is, but the job hiring is on hold for now anyways....still gonna send in my resume.

From Post #870:

So what's yer updated Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Count??
:wavey:
so far,.....24...all handguns

i'll update that in my other thread....

Oh high rises.

UGH. I spent a blessed lifetime in those damn things back home. One hospital was built in the 40's using riveted steel beams. Every room in the place and elevator shaft has a box around it. It shakes constantly because its 15 floors of living breathing hospital with thousands in the move.

I can climb into any truck tractor with fuel tanks, drive it 10 feet and then guess within 30 gallons how much you got in them there tanks from the shaking going on through the frame. Ive always been sensitive that way. useful for bad bridges that quit moving prior to failure.

I strictly have a policy that if I live somewhere its either a basement finished or a concrete slab one story building. I am absolutely finished with elevators and all the floor stuff. Those things are good to the last drop. It happens to be one of my phobias which I have never shook since they started automatic cars in 1968 at Hopkins.

A little semi rant to get it out of my system. That and crime. Ive spent too many years going into places too dangerous for Saints Michel and Gabriel blessed be them for the coming of battle at the hour of our need....

The greatest enemy in retirement is boredom and loneliest. If you have to travel to either Alabama or Nevada to fix that issue get to it. Enjoy. As far as the house needing stuff to fix, never mind the house watchout for the occupant who has several surgeries installing replacing parts each year.

UPDATE: and a good-bye to all: October 25, 2021

well, i am now on my SSDI payments, each month.

I am seeking part-time employment, and yup, even at a local WalMart, as a night crew cleaner.

I have much appreciated the facts that you all respected this thread about my career ending injury, with some input from nearly all of you at one time or another.

as many of you know, i am into the sport/hobby of shooting, pistols at this time, be they semi-automatic 9MM or 45 ACP in the form of the many 1911's that i have and a couple of other guns that just shoot .45 ACP.

i have a few revolvers that i like as well, so much so, there is a love affair with them as with all my other range toys.

i posted one day, a thread about "Elvira"..."coming out of the closet"

Jeff had to delete it, as he said, that Google said, it contained "sexual content"

like WTF.....i used NO words other than the "G" word used for men that are..."G".....

what bothers me is that, as i see it, we lost freedom here on this site, when Jeff go together with Google for ad space, or whatever else.

i truly DO appreciate that he (Jeff) allowed this thread to run as long as it did, like for now what is just over 7 years....

amazing, isn't it..??

yet, i get shot down by the "Gods of Google" for posting a thread about "Elvira" coming out of the closet...

well, it's been a blast, i have @Stimpy email addy, i'll stay in touch with him from time to time, ans as much as i appreciated all of you, i find that the censorship has gone too far.

i can "see" if i used curse words, or very descriptive terms talking about Elvira, but i did not.

i know better,

and at my age, i know better to stick around, and be censored by stupid inane rules that are for snowflakes. .

a very heartfelt thanks to ALL OF YOU, (Jeff) admins, and mods, etc, included.

when i hit the "post reply" button, i will shut down this account, and move this site in my favorites list form the top 10, to the bottom of the pit, in that list.

so long, good-bye, i wish you all the very best, in whatever you do...

pro1driver...aka.....Glenn