Yellow | Carrier of the Year awards roll in

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
Operational excellence and great customer service. Put them together and you've got a winning combination, as Walmart, Mattel and Echo Global Logistics confirmed with their "carrier of the year" recognitions in April.

Walmart Transportation named YRC its National LTL Carrier of the Year. Walmart awarded national carriers "Best of" designations in ten categories for partners who go above and beyond in servicing Walmart customers and exceeding Walmart service expectations. This year's award marks the fifth time in the past nine years that Walmart chose YRC for the recognition.
Mattel, Inc. honored YRC Glen Moore with its Truckload Carrier of the Year award. Additionally, Mattel acknowledged superior on-time performance that YRC Glen Moore delivered to two of the toy maker's largest retail customers, as well as outstanding customer service. In announcing its decision, Mattel told us that our exemplary delivery performance was the basis for our earning the highest ranking among all Mattel transportation providers.
Chicago-based Echo Global Logistics, Inc. presented Holland with its Regional Carrier of the Year award for 2010 .....................

Carrier of the Year awards roll in - YRC Worldwide Insight

insight propaganda said:
Walmart Transportation named YRC its National LTL Carrier of the Year. Walmart awarded national carriers "Best of" designations in ten categories for partners who go above and beyond in servicing Walmart customers and exceeding Walmart service expectations. This year's award marks the fifth time in the past nine years that Walmart chose YRC for the recognition.
What category? Best at hauling it for free?

I believe that the china embassy and mattel hand out carrier of the year awards to any company that managed to stay in business hauling their :::shit::: for free. Look at glenn moore's o/r, $1.15.
As far as logistics companies, by the time they take their cut for making a phone call it'd be cheaper to just pay them not to pick it up. They probably had a friend at k-yrcw corporate, Holland isn't stupid enough to do that on their own.
How about a Trucking Boards poster of the year award!(hint hint:1036316054:).

PS: Thats a cool picture in your avatar of Hal(e) Bopp comet. You should put a little nike insignia in the corner!:biglaugh:

OK but that doesn't give much detail, how did Walmart come up with this "award".

................Each year, Walmart recognizes transportation suppliers that have demonstrated excellence or exhibited significant improvement in meeting core business objectives, including small parcel, less-than-truckload and intermodal.

"This year’s winners have shown a commitment to supply chain excellence and to their ability to adapt to protocols," said Jerry Spencer, vice president of replenishment for Walmart." Supply chain reliability is the single most important factor to achieving our in-stock and inventory management goals, which helps us ensure we have what our customers want available on the shelf when they are choosing to shop. Our transportation partners are a critical component of overall customer satisfaction in the stores."

Suppliers recognized for best in class awards consistently maintained a high level of supply chain reliability performance by shipping on-time and in-full with minimal degrees of variability in performance.................

YRC: Walmart Awards 10 Suppliers with Transportation Carrier of the Year Awards

Hope that helps .

And Turbo yes we should have a poster of the year and this year the award goes to OOPS phone ringing have to go .................................

That's all a bunch of mumbo jumbo, we're hauling walmart crap for next to nothing, kind of like paying them off to get their cheesy-ass award.

................Each year, Walmart recognizes transportation suppliers that have demonstrated excellence or exhibited significant improvement in meeting core business objectives, including small parcel, less-than-truckload and intermodal.

"This year’s winners have shown a commitment to supply chain excellence and to their ability to adapt to protocols," said Jerry Spencer, vice president of replenishment for Walmart." Supply chain reliability is the single most important factor to achieving our in-stock and inventory management goals, which helps us ensure we have what our customers want available on the shelf when they are choosing to shop. Our transportation partners are a critical component of overall customer satisfaction in the stores."

Suppliers recognized for best in class awards consistently maintained a high level of supply chain reliability performance by shipping on-time and in-full with minimal degrees of variability in performance.................

YRC: Walmart Awards 10 Suppliers with Transportation Carrier of the Year Awards

Hope that helps .

And Turbo yes we should have a poster of the year and this year the award goes to OOPS phone ringing have to go .................................

Vice President of Replentishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you :::shit:::ing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There goes another 80 grand a month when bill sees this to have someone serve up his surf & turf everyday!
That might be a good job for that moron lombardo, make him bill's boy:butt kiss:! Well, more so then he is now!

National Less-Than-Truckload: YRC, Inc.

That don't say much about how we arrived at being Walmarts "award winning" ltl carrier, the real story is we haul their ::shit:: for next to nothing. Thanx for the cheap-ass award you walmart douchebags, wish we didn't haul any of their garbage!!! How many of you guys shop at this **** company walmart? I will never set foot in one, bad enough we have to suck up to them to get their :shit:ty freight and deliver to their stores filled with mutant shoppers. How about the crap you pick up for walmart, talk about a PITA!!! How much $$ is yrc losing for the privilege of doing that?

National Less-Than-Truckload: YRC, Inc.

That don't say much about how we arrived at being Walmarts "award winning" ltl carrier, the real story is we haul their ::shit:: for next to nothing. Thanx for the cheap-ass award you walmart douchebags, wish we didn't haul any of their garbage!!! How many of you guys shop at this **** company walmart? I will never set foot in one, bad enough we have to suck up to them to get their :shit:ty freight and deliver to their stores filled with mutant shoppers. How about the crap you pick up for walmart, talk about a PITA!!! How much $$ is yrc losing for the privilege of doing that?

98% of the chinese embassy crap is on par with that fingerhut furniture! Remember that junk? An 80" sofa weighed under 20 pounds, including cushions and cardboard packaging!

First this is not a roadway-vs-yellow post..... The week before the merge, at yellow we had 4 Bakersfield bids 2 that went straight to WalMart Porterville, not to mention the 3-4 extra board trips there every day. And who knows how many Roadway had. After the way they brilliantly merged the company's we didn't go to Bakersfield as much as we did at Yellow. Someone must be going to walmart just not YRC.

98% of the chinese embassy crap is on par with that fingerhut furniture! Remember that junk? An 80" sofa weighed under 20 pounds, including cushions and cardboard packaging!
All I see as far as walmart is concerned is their Site To Store/.com bs freight, luckily we don't have to deliver it directly to the customer because by the time it gets on my trailer to go out it's another claim.

And this is something to be proud of ? Why would you boost about causing claims ? You do realize that someone has to pay for the freight you damage ! For once there’s some good news posted here and all you can do is complain I guess your name “ Disgruntled “ is well earned .

All I see as far as walmart is concerned is their Site To Store/.com bs freight, luckily we don't have to deliver it directly to the customer because by the time it gets on my trailer to go out it's another claim.

Lets not forget the Sams club kiddie swing sets. The seven boxes banded to a cheap long skid around 700lbs if I remember right.
The water fountain that weighed in at 2100 lbs
The outdoor grill at 850 lbs
Oh and could you put it around back my husbands at work.

And this is something to be proud of ? Why would you boost about causing claims ? You do realize that someone has to pay for the freight you damage ! For once there’s some good news posted here and all you can do is complain I guess your name “ Disgruntled “ is well earned .
Who's boasting (you spelled it wrong, MORON!!!) I replied to express my shame. I said (you read but did not comprehend) that by the time it got loaded on my trailer for delivery it was all fubar!!! Learn to read you knucklehead!

Lets not forget the Sams club kiddie swing sets. The seven boxes banded to a cheap long skid around 700lbs if I remember right.
The water fountain that weighed in at 2100 lbs
The outdoor grill at 850 lbs
Oh and could you put it around back my husbands at work.
Don't forget the old barn lumber 4500lb plt, that says right on the DR "will have crew" but when you get there the "crew" is you and some 14 year old kid :mad:

I'd be more impressed if they got an award for making a profit, even a dollar! Or one for going a year without screwing the stockholders(employees)out of MILLIONS of dollars!

Yes we had a little furniture shop that made all their furniture from that wood.
Best part about that he picked it up at the dock.
Funny he never shipped out the finished product with YF !!
Guess he did not want it made back into fire wood.

I feel like I'm at a prizefight......Two heavyweights , Disgruntled and Turbo throwing bombs going toe to toe. Who can out last the other with the negative gloom and doom? I respect these posters because they speak the truth about this ::shit:: hole company.

I feel like I'm at a prizefight......Two heavyweights , Disgruntled and Turbo throwing bombs going toe to toe. Who can out last the other with the negative gloom and doom? I respect these posters because they speak the truth about this ::shit:: hole company.
I wouldn't say I post "Doom & Gloom", just posting as I see it, if there was something positive to post I would.