Yellow | Cartage/owner operators coming to 896

If you think your local is "Weak and Pathetic" Then cobble together a slate then campaign and run against them. Or are you like all of the other complainers that never bother to show up for a Union meeting? Oh its too far away or whatever excuse you can think of???

We got us a couple of yes men here.

roadpuke when we gunna have that "talk"?

LTL MAN that was LAME!!!

Well it is the truth! I see you have chosen the name "Disgruntled" So you must be fed up with the local that you belong to, and also YRC. So instead of complaining all the time direct all of that energy to make positive changes. So if you want all of this change it will require a plan. Only advice I'm giving you is if you are so dissatisfied the plan would be to get a slate of some of your supporters together and run against your current leadership at your local in your next election. Then when you get elected you can make everything better for all of the members at your local. Of course I'm sure you will get rid of all of the sub-contracting going on currently at your terminal right now, and there would be no members on lay-off. WOW I'm already thinking you have much potential!

If he can do all that I'll vote for him. I would wager that the other Slate said the same exact thing last Election.

Well it is the truth! I see you have chosen the name "Disgruntled" So you must be fed up with the local that you belong to, and also YRC. So instead of complaining all the time direct all of that energy to make positive changes. So if you want all of this change it will require a plan. Only advice I'm giving you is if you are so dissatisfied the plan would be to get a slate of some of your supporters together and run against your current leadership at your local in your next election. Then when you get elected you can make everything better for all of the members at your local. Of course I'm sure you will get rid of all of the sub-contracting going on currently at your terminal right now, and there would be no members on lay-off. WOW I'm already thinking you have much potential!

OK. Enough already! I started the original post. I believe 1 slate/election has occurred since this post was started. Guess what?
The original officers have still received the majority of votes. Am I wrong?
Cartage is still used 1-2 days per week. Am I wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. Enough already! I started the original post. I believe 1 slate/election has occurred since this post was started. Guess what?
The original officers have still received the majority of votes. Am I wrong?
Cartage is still used 1-2 days per week. Am I wrong?
Our vote numbers-wise for any slate is insignificant, we're only 100+ guys even if you count ABF? UPS, CVS, and every other union outfit from our local out numbers freight significantly!

On Mon. one of the gippos brought some TC's back, said "no one was there", turns out the consignee was waiting on this very important shipment that they never got, now they're pissed!!! Turns out the gippo didn't want to go across the scales to get to them, for whatever reason he had I don't know. I was there checking out when he was esplaining to deespatch, maybe he's inglish no so good?

On Mon. one of the gippos brought some TC's back, said "no one was there", turns out the consignee was waiting on this very important shipment that they never got, now they're pissed!!! Turns out the gippo didn't want to go across the scales to get to them, for whatever reason he had I don't know. I was there checking out when he was esplaining to deespatch, maybe he's inglish no so good?

Maybe dispatch should have asked him for a copy of his green card first.

There is no longer "junk freight" Freight is freight. If this company goes under you will have the biggest wake up call of your life. That means you will have to WORK at your next job, reminiscing how good you really had it at YRC.
If that was indeed happening on the dock where cartage was working the freight on our dock then how come there wasn't a grievance filed on it? Your the biggest complainer STEP UP! file a grievance! I know! I know! I know! The local doesn't do anything, the stewards don't do anything, the local is weak .. what else did you say about the union? Our local is only as strong as our members and you are the weakest link. How many grievances have you filed? Complaining will get you no where. Grow some and file on whatever you think the company is doing wrong. What are you scared of?
Yeah I'm scared alright, LOL!!! You really don't know me do you? Complaining??? You should hear all the whining that goes on before everyone hits the street in the morning, I just sit there and LMFAO.
Our local is only as strong as our members and you are the weakest link
You really need to open you eyes! How many members from our barn show up to meetings at the Hall? If I said "0" I don't think I'd be that far off.