XPO | Cartage Trucks

Our terminal is using 26 cartage trucks today and it’s still not enough. The dock literally looks like the aftermath of a battlefield destruction. Never seen so much destroyed freight. Every day We come in and think it can’t get any worse in the next day it is. Wow!

We have some doing deliveries for us. Mostly food warehouses and house deliveries. No idea how many we are averaging.
I took 8 pallets to a food warehouse the other day...4 hours waiting for their lumpers to unload and count. Same place once took 2.5 hours for 2 pallets but that was because we damaged the product so bad they were sorting through it to salvage what they could. These guys will just take an hour long lunch break in the middle of your unload, it's crazy.

I can see why we would want to hand that off to cartage, lol.

I took 8 pallets to a food warehouse the other day...4 hours waiting for their lumpers to unload and count. Same place once took 2.5 hours for 2 pallets but that was because we damaged the product so bad they were sorting through it to salvage what they could. These guys will just take an hour long lunch break in the middle of your unload, it's crazy.

I don't see how we make any money off these food warehouses, we have one that only takes ltl between 9pm and 11pm and another at 4am. We had drivers run out of hours because they waited there so long.

The ones we deliver to in my area are billed for our time there ( or the shipper is billed )....And evidently , they pay for our time AND the lumpers. Incredible!

Our terminal is using 26 cartage trucks today and it’s still not enough. The dock literally looks like the aftermath of a battlefield destruction. Never seen so much destroyed freight. Every day We come in and think it can’t get any worse in the next day it is. Wow!

Change is an application away. There have never been this many options.

I can’t believe we still moving freight for those customers. We had a driver at one such stop for 14 hours. That is a waste. Literally would have lost less money just sending it back where it came from.

The ones we deliver to in my area are billed for our time there ( or the shipper is billed )....And evidently , they pay for our time AND the lumpers. Incredible!

I can’t understand this. This freight is not worth anywhere near this amount of money.