Yellow | Cartage

flstc2000 said:
The short answer is ....past practice.
This allows the companies to continue what they have done previously so long as everyone is working.

wrong
a contract violation is a contract violation
just because a company does something and gets away with it does not mean the contract is rewritten to uphold that violation

yes the contract does say that overflow freight can be cartaged out under certain provisions
the agent given the freight must show that their employees are paid in a comparable fashion to nmfa employees
the freight tendered must be delivered the day it was tendered
these two items alone constitute flagrant daily violations as many times freight is not delivered the day it was tendered
no one with authority polices these provisions
that past practice crap we hear is just a poor excuse for non enforcement
nothing but laziness

UnionTrucka said:
wow, no responses from none of yall huh :puke:

i think you shocked everyone or they simply do not want to face up to the reality that all this cartage freight serves to weaken our h&w funds as these companies seniority lists never grow the way they should or in the way we need them to to bolster our pension

the companies have found a way for the union to do damage to themselves from the inside:Bazzoka-Cow:

the work is there
they should be made to hire guys immediately and put an end to the 100 days of bs new hires have to go thru

big steve said:
wrong
a contract violation is a contract violation
just because a company does something and gets away with it does not mean the contract is rewritten to uphold that violation

yes the contract does say that overflow freight can be cartaged out under certain provisions
the agent given the freight must show that their employees are paid in a comparable fashion to nmfa employees
the freight tendered must be delivered the day it was tendered
these two items alone constitute flagrant daily violations as many times freight is not delivered the day it was tendered
no one with authority polices these provisions
that past practice crap we hear is just a poor excuse for non enforcement
nothing but laziness

listen to big Steve. i've been sent to cartage many times and when i ask their guys just when dows this frt. get delivered, his response is "when i get to it". a blatant violation but who cares, the local doesn't monitor these things. :realmad:

When freight is handed off to the cartage company it is then considered delivered on time,this is what a salesman from redstar had told me years ago. CRAZY

crazy said:
When freight is handed off to the cartage company it is then considered delivered on time,this is what a salesman from redstar had told me years ago. CRAZY

crazy that only holds true for company purposes only
and does not have anything to do with the contract
in otherwords that freight tendered may be out of the building but as far as the contract is concerned it is not considered delivered period
when the cartage agent actually delivers the freight to the customer is when it is considered delivered and may not neccessarily be on time as that does not have anything to do with the language in the contract
simply put it must be delivered the day it was tendered or it is a violation