ABF | Cell phone ELD

Visitor here. Cell phones have eased the burden on management. They assume you see their call or text as most everyone has their phone on them at all times. Sure I saw you called, I’m off duty. I answer, my 14 starts. I don’t mind the convenience factor for both parties, but it shouldn’t be an expectation.

When I was still on call, I would deduct half my monthly cell phone bill on my taxes. As it was the only phone i had then. Don't know if the IRS still allows that anymore.
Not with the standard deduction they have now. Can't even deduct days on the road anymore because the standard deduction went from 6 to 12 thousand for single and 24 thousand for married

Visitor here. Cell phones have eased the burden on management. They assume you see their call or text as most everyone has their phone on them at all times. Sure I saw you called, I’m off duty. I answer, my 14 starts. I don’t mind the convenience factor for both parties, but it shouldn’t be an expectation.
14 starts ?
I always had 3 to listen for and we held the company to it .

My former fantastic shop steward used to say "don't waste time picking the fly ::::shit:::: out of the pepper." Great advice IMHO. I guess you don't subscribe to that adage. Whatever. When I'm dispatched I just want to get going and not waste time "making a point" over nothing. Each to his own I guess.
Nunzi ?

Yes I would. The company needs to supply the equipment needed to do the job properly. When you start using your own phone, tools, whatever then they’re going to start expecting that you do that all the time.
Do like Estes they pay each driver $30 a month to help pay toward using their cell phones when needed. It aint much but i appreciate it.

She's too busy right now, first step is merging the Arc Best and Panther equipment into ABF. While it's a money saving idea, I just don't trust her and her end game!! Just MHO!!
I still don't understand why we had to sign the paper stating that we acknowledge that they are going to start using them in ABF's system? I yet to see one, matter of fact we just rented six 53"s....