Yellow | Cell Phones

At STL They call us all the time on the road. We have one terminal that will call STL and get the Cell # of the driver enroute with their freight and then call them to ask how far out they are or to change their dispatch in order to get freight to the terminal for the city driver who is waitin g on it. Or when we turn KCM they dispatch us back towards STL with an empty trailer or trailers and tell us to call from Booneville (About halfway between STL and KCM) and find out what they want us to do. Seem like this whole cell phone rule is pretty selective and that the co. will use iut as they see fit.

I'm a road driver for Big R out of Toledo. Years ago I gave my cell # to dispatch to use in case of emergency. More and more they are using it to call for eta and other info. It's not really a problem, yet. I could see how it could get out of hand.

At STL They call us all the time on the road. We have one terminal that will call STL and get the Cell # of the driver enroute with their freight and then call them to ask how far out they are or to change their dispatch in order to get freight to the terminal for the city driver who is waitin g on it. Or when we turn KCM they dispatch us back towards STL with an empty trailer or trailers and tell us to call from Booneville (About halfway between STL and KCM) and find out what they want us to do. Seem like this whole cell phone rule is pretty selective and that the co. will use iut as they see fit.
If you've ever given your cell number to the company, they've got it in your info file on their computer. I've had terminals call me and when asked how they got my number, they said that it was on their computer...
LH dispatch calling our cells here in the south isn't really a big issue. We get min. 5 minutes per instructional phone call. So, they can call me 12 times an hour for all I care, I just mark .08 on that trip sheet every time the phone rings...:hysterical:

Seriously, those "instructional calls" paid for my gas to/fro work when I was running turns...:hysterical:

I understand that Hiway,but It seems now that someone in the glass house wants to make an issue out of the whole deal. It's sounds like they want to be able to contact us when ever they want but then don't want use to be able contact anyone else.They want the rulke to work both ways for the CO. but if it's personal on our own phones they want to be able to penalize us for using the phone. Am I wrong?

If you've ever given your cell number to the company, they've got it in your info file on their computer. I've had terminals call me and when asked how they got my number, they said that it was on their computer...
LH dispatch calling our cells here in the south isn't really a big issue. We get min. 5 minutes per instructional phone call. So, they can call me 12 times an hour for all I care, I just mark .08 on that trip sheet every time the phone rings...:hysterical:

Seriously, those "instructional calls" paid for my gas to/fro work when I was running turns...:hysterical:

Get them for .25, thats what we got in Buffalo (Roadway)in our supplement. That will cut down on the calls.