FedEx Freight | CENTRAL DISPATCH PROBLEMS!!!!

Good to see my old friend still at it! Hope you are well. I had to come out of trucking board retirement lol
Welcome back! I keep saying I need to take a break... Step away for a bit, ya know? But it seems there is always something that needs clarifying and/or correcting. :duel:

As soon as the weather gets nice, I'm gonna give it a rest. At least for a little while.
But I do still have a few of these left, if needed : :1904:

You can do what you want son.
I log so I don't have a DOT cop up my butt.
They love to write the paper and I make sure a clean inspection is what it say's
Company pay's $250.00 for clean inspection and is noted in comments
Well if according to you a driver has to log 2hrs. If they are compensated for it, so if you are compensated 8 hrs for your birthday you should log that. See how your explanation falls apart.

Instead of relying on truckingboards, another driver or central dispatch for the rules on logging, do your own research. The FMCSA has all the rules and regulations online, along with many guidance questions and answers.
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/title49/part/395

Here is one such question, found here http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/title49/section/395.2?guidance

Question 10: How does compensation relate to on-duty time?

Guidance: The fact that a driver is paid for a period of time does not always establish that the driver was on-duty for the purposes of part 395 during that period of time. A driver may be relieved of duty under certain conditions and still be paid.

Here's another guidance question that touches on this subject.

Question 20: How must a driver record time spent on-call awaiting dispatch?

Guidance:

The time that a driver is free from obligations to the employer and is able to use that time to secure appropriate rest may be recorded as off-duty time. The fact that a driver must also be available to receive a call in the event the driver is needed at work, even under the threat of discipline for non-availability, does not by itself impair the ability of the driver to use this time for rest.

If the employer generally requires its drivers to be available for call after a mandatory rest period which complies with the regulatory requirement, the time spent standing by for a work-related call, following the required off-duty period, may be properly recorded as off-duty time.

If FedEx told me to log two hours on a cancelled day, I would sit in the yard, in the cab of my truck for those two hours and log them On Duty, Not Driving.

I risk my log sheet for no one, certainly not FedEx, and I sign it when it's completed or upon the request of an officer. I fill it out according to the LAW, and what protects me under the law, not the way a FedEx safety and compliance person or dispatcher tells me to. If I'm told to log on duty hours from the minute I'm on FedEx property, that's exactly what I do (they did do this once, it went away when people started running out of hours) and I ensure I'm paid after the first hour if they make me wait.

Risk your log for nobody. It's a legal document to be presented to law enforcement upon request and it's just not worth it to be caught in your personal vehicle when your log says anything but Off Duty.