Yellow | Central States/Conway

Bart

Central States Participant Since 1976
Credits
On December 31,2008 Conway paid Central States 8 million dollars to settle a debt of 662 million dollars
At $3000 a month
$662,000,000 would pay 220,666 monthly checks to TEAMSTER retirees

:wtflol:

If if's and buts were candy and nuts, what a wonderful Christmas we'd all have!!!!!!

BUT, they don't still have it...........the economy crashed, YRC quit paying in, and many, many, many have retired....all water under the bridge....

Yeah I know just be happy I have a Job. Maybe Yrc can cut a deal like Conjob got and at least I will be happy cause you know I got a Job

Didn't say it didn't affect things, but it's gone. Gotta deal with Now. Crying helps nothing, distracts from focusing on solutions.

Didn't say it didn't affect things, but it's gone. Gotta deal with Now. Crying helps nothing, distracts from focusing on solutions.
Is not the solution to realize who did what and when? Make sure there not around to do it again?

Is not the solution to realize who did what and when? Make sure there not around to do it again?

Not if you got a signed receipt saying they're off the hook and won't give more. Remember it, OK. Focus on it, no. Too many cry about the past so much, they miss planning for the future. Study the past to avoid repeating; don't go crazy about it.

Not if you got a signed receipt saying they're off the hook and won't give more. Remember it, OK. Focus on it, no. Too many cry about the past so much, they miss planning for the future. Study the past to avoid repeating; don't go crazy about it.
The first sentence makes no sense, the issue remains. Bringing it up is not crying about it. I disagree with your thoughts this time.

I thought I proposed a solution I'll give it to ya again ( I will detail so it does not look like crying)
1. I have a job now and have heard before to be happy about it
2. YRC gets a deal like Conjob on what they owe Central States
3. Tell Central States to go to .......
4. Central States is not trying to gouge YRC for a higher interest rate that could shut them down
5. Probaly never get a Pension (water under the bridge)
6. You know what " I'm Happy To Have A Job"

Ok; correct me, I'll give. Have to say tho, on this board in general, crying seems to be the National Pasttime. Sorry to say...

For those who don't accept being "penetrated" easily (:2437:), I think that whether it's considered crying or complaining, it's totally acceptable.

I think you misunderstand me. Been trucking 40 years. Had to start over with little or no notice 4 times now. Been my experience that those who concentrate on blame lose their cars, their homes, their families. Those that focus on rebuilding often even better their life. Appears to me in my YR experience, a lot of Y and R guys don't believe anything outside their world counts or that no one else has ever had bad things happen. Don't wait for the Cavalry to ride over the hill- save yourself...

On December 31,2008 Conway paid Central States 8 million dollars to settle a debt of 662 million dollars
At $3000 a month
$662,000,000 would pay 220,666 monthly checks to TEAMSTER retirees

:wtflol:

I remember reading about this, went on for a long time. All to do with trying to get conjob to pay for CF's pension liability. The pos onion hired that bigggggg fancy law firm in Milwaukee and these idiots couldn't find one thing to tie the two together. I remember some friends talking about copies of receipts when fuel was delivered to terminals that they shared and the conjob trucks would get filled along with CF units and the fuel ticket would be brought to the CF office for signing. POS onion!

Ok; correct me, I'll give. Have to say tho, on this board in general, crying seems to be the National Pasttime. Sorry to say...

Amen , thank goodness jeff dosent have a cry o meter next to your avatar, some guys would be off the screen !

The guys with Custer prob died blaming him for being 15 percent lighter, sans Gatling Gun... The Titanic, 15 percent lighter with less lifeboats. The survivors look for the exits going in.

The guys with Custer prob died blaming him for being 15 percent lighter, sans Gatling Gun... The Titanic, 15 percent lighter with less lifeboats. The survivors look for the exits going in.

And I'd like to point out again because you forgot, "Why bother to eat, your're just gonna:::shit:::! :biglaugh:

I think you misunderstand me. Been trucking 40 years. Had to start over with little or no notice 4 times now. Been my experience that those who concentrate on blame lose their cars, their homes, their families. Those that focus on rebuilding often even better their life. Appears to me in my YR experience, a lot of Y and R guys don't believe anything outside their world counts or that no one else has ever had bad things happen. Don't wait for the Cavalry to ride over the hill- save yourself...
4 times?? Come back when you grow up. :biglaugh: Closed 13 different companies and if YRC goes I'm putting 14 on my resume.........And I still scream like a Big Indian every time I figure I'm getting screwed. Admittedly has'nt made any difference accept it makes ME feel better.

Please don't kill the messenger but if you want to know why ConWay was not held responsible here's one reason .

Conway and C/F split in 1996 and CF didn't file bankruptcy till 2002 . Consolidated Freightways Corporation -- Company History

My friend heard a dispatcher at a small CF terminal say on the phone to a potential customer "we don't do that but Conway does", then gave the caller Conways number. Also CF hauled the heavy low paying freight and Conway hauled the lighter high paying freight. All that was coordinated.

My friend says it's not crying, it's constructive criticism.:17:

Please don't kill the messenger but if you want to know why ConWay was not held responsible here's one reason .

Conway and C/F split in 1996 and CF didn't file bankruptcy till 2002 . Consolidated Freightways Corporation -- Company History

You might go a little farther back than that and state who funded the start up of con man trucking. That other post about the fuel was right they were caught for tax evasion for improperly reporting it as CF. fuel. Oh they gladly paid it out of CFs account. Oh how about selling CF terminals for a song with a no bid deal to con_man. There is more just get too mad every time I think about it. Not mad at you though 4_10?