Yellow | Central States Pension Fund Benefit Reduction Letter!

It does help... But I am sure mine will be similar.
I have 28 plus years.... 7 of it since the merger. That letter I get is not gonna be pretty. 7 of that is pretty well orphan time. More or less cause they didn't pay or didn't pay much into it.
Sorry if my above post angers anyone. But I do have a point.
We have all spent a major part of our lives in this industry .
We have nothing now. Not what we were promised anyways.
I can't keep that argument going. It's done and we will have to live with it.
Nothing is too late. Call your senators and tell them to put a stop on this. see why I say even cuts across the board ? I have been writing and calling since Last November. I will begin again tomorrow as well.

Take note....this Brother had 2 years in Steel haul....then 10 years at Mason & Dixon, and then his last 22 years at Holland....they cut his first 12 years back to 110% of the PBGC because that was his "orphan time" and then cut his 22 years at the Miller-Kline Bill rate, which came out to a 50% reduction....hope this helps
Thanks for your explanation of the specific circumstances concerning the above posted letter. I'm still going through it. Other than for circumstances of age, disability, QDRO's etc. it appears that the basic cuts for retirees amount to a maximum cut to 110 percent of the PBCG insured level for orphans or years with orphan companies. A cut not to exceed 50 percent for tier 2 participants i.e. Holland, YRC and a cut not to exceed 40 percent for tier 3 (UPS) retirees. Does that sound right? Where does ABF fall into the picture? Since ABF continues to pay the "full" rate is their accrued pension affected? It appears that going forward that the accrual rate is changing from 1 percent to .75 percent correct?

What do you mean buy the" Miller-Kline Bill rate"?
Miller Kline is the screwing you got from the law drafted by those two crooks who were masquerading as Senators, one of which retired as soon as the bill was passed with the spending bill in the middle of the night on December 14, 2014. It is now called mpra. Multiemployer pension reform act. Google it, bring yourself up to date. I have been screaming about this for a year now on here. Your Friend always ESP

Miller Kline is the screwing you got from the law drafted by those two crooks who were masquerading as Senators, one of which retired as soon as the bill was passed with the spending bill in the middle of the night on December 14, 2014. It is now called mpra. Multiemployer pension reform act. Google it, bring yourself up to date. I have been screaming about this for a year now on here. Your Friend always ESP
Yep know of the bill, just wasn`t aware that there was a specific rate.

Nothing is too late. Call your senators and tell them to put a stop on this. see why I say even cuts across the board ? I have been writing and calling since Last November. I will begin again tomorrow as well.
Everytime the reply is the same no matter who the rep is..
Against it... Will look into it. Thank you for your concern
They don't give a ::shit::. We know it as it unfolds before our eyes.
I'm done.
We are a union.... We are brothers.... But it looks as though ya gotta cover your own ass cause as usual no one else is gonna do it... Especially now. And you... We know it.
It's done.... Final..... Nobody is gonna spend a dime on us.
Nobody is gonna protect us but ourselves.

Everytime the reply is the same no matter who the rep is..
Against it... Will look into it. Thank you for your concern
They don't give a :::shit:::. We know it as it unfolds before our eyes.
I'm done.
We are a union.... We are brothers.... But it looks as though ya gotta cover your own ass cause as usual no one else is gonna do it... Especially now. And you... We know it.
It's done.... Final..... Nobody is gonna spend a dime on us.
Nobody is gonna protect us but ourselves.
There is no way in hell I can disagree with you. Calm down, stay cool, you will be fine. This is America, you have rights and 9 months to prepare for the cuts. I started practicing for this several months ago, you can too. You will find the waste in your spending as well. If you do not want to go back to work you can change or shuffle things to save. This is a tragic thing to happen to anyone. It is not worth a heart attack. God Bless you in this trying time, you are not alone.

I'm... Calm. Just angry.
Hard to convey calm in a post.
I am still working.
My wife is disabled.... No pay.... Yet.... Two years living on a really... Small check.... But when I do retire nothing will be there... Or very little.
We... My wife and I are getting hit on all sides. It's not just this pension.
Who would have ever thought it would come down to this when you are thirty years old.... Have a good job... Savings too.... And boom.... It's all swirling down the drain. For everyone.
I know we are all in this together.
But we will fall individually.

The time for crying is OVER! The time for action is NOW! We can't blame the Pension Fund or the Union, we can blame CONGRESS for getting rid of the anti-cutback rule on accrued benefits when they sneakily passed the MPRA of 2014 in December of last year! We need to call our Congressmen and Senators and tell them to support KOPPA NOW! Let's tack KOPPA on to the next stopgap spending Bill that Congress will pass in about 9 weeks to keep the government from shutting down. Let's do it in the middle of the night so these Congressmen and Senators don't have to explain it to the 1% that KOPPA will affect. FIGHT THE POWER!
:usa2:

The time for crying is OVER! The time for action is NOW! We can't blame the Pension Fund or the Union, we can blame CONGRESS for getting rid of the anti-cutback rule on accrued benefits when they sneakily passed the MPRA of 2014 in December of last year! We need to call our Congressmen and Senators and tell them to support KOPPA NOW! Let's tack KOPPA on to the next stopgap spending Bill that Congress will pass in about 9 weeks to keep the government from shutting down. Let's do it in the middle of the night so these Congressmen and Senators don't have to explain it to the 1% that KOPPA will affect. FIGHT THE POWER!
:usa2:
I agree.

All of my time was at a 2% contribution rate. Would someone please tell me how that will be calculated.
What do you mean by 2% contribution rate? Where did you get that number?

It appears that going forward that the accrual rate is changing from 1 percent to .75 percent correct?
Accrual rate? It looks to me like the multiplier is being reduced from 1(%) to .75(%) if you know how that multiplier is applied.

Here is a question. What about companies like Central Transport that went Union to non Union with out missing a days work. Only to rebrand themselves with new logo or ownership under a different name.

Its the multiplyer
OK, I thought it might be. Is that addressed in some contracts? I always saw that the multiplier was the same across the board except in the cases when contributions were way low and they had different levels of plans. I guess it could be the same if one's contribution rate was higher than others and the multiplier could be higher. The multipliers get adjusted once in a while. Mine has been adjusted three or four times in 20 years. At one point it was 2.25 for me, now it's .90.

What do you mean by 2% contribution rate? Where did you get that number?
I worked at a 2% rate from 1978 to 2003. After that it went to 1% until I retired. From the way I read it, the entire contribution rate for my 27 years will be recalculated at 1%. Sounds like a 50% cut to me! Let me clarify when I say a 2% rate I mean my retirement check was 2% of my total contributions.

Last edited:
I think it time to head to D.C. This Fourth of July weekend. There is nothing better I would like to see or be part of thousands of union members on the White House lawn. Let's make it happen!!!!

I worked at a 2% rate from 1978 to 2003. After that it went to 1% until I retired. From the way I read it, the entire contribution rate for my 27 years will be recalculated at 1%. Sounds like a 50% cut to me! Let me clarify when I say a 2% rate I mean my retirement check was 2% of my total contributions.
I believe you are correct