Yellow | Cha- Ching Jamie $$$$

Falconfan , you are welcome to think & believe that its all good that they are making millions off us, & football has nothing to do with this subject , bottom line is that it's just DON'T KEEP STEALING FROM THE WORKERS WHILE MAKING THEMSELVES RICHER !!!

The football was just an analogy Wongway.I don't like getting a pay cut any more than you
or anyone else.The reality is,they are going to get theirs with or without us.They
(Welch and Pierson) don't come a dime a dozen.
On the other hand our jobs depend on the health of the company.The healthier the company,the better off we are.

I'm with ya Wong, I'm tired of being a Sheep, I want to be a Wolf. Wolves are pack animals. We can hunt in Wolf Packs, just like German U-Boats did. Are you willing to accept a former Sheep ? I promise I will try to be deserving of The Wolf title.

SF, has bigtruk been sharing some of his "stuff" with you? :biglaugh:

At first I said no, because it’s always hard to come back to a company that you’ve worked for for so many years,” he said. “It’s kind of like going back home and living with your parents after 20 years of being gone. It’s really hard to do.”

But compassion won out when Welch remembered the 32,000 employees at YRC Woldwide. He knew he had to give up his short-lived retirement and go back.

“We (Welch and wife Shannon) did some soul searching and really thought about it and realized there were still 32,000 employees and their families kind of depending on what we do with this company.”

He has worked hard and good things are happening. Today, under his guidance, YRC Worldwide is a $5 billion transportation company and a leading provider of LTL transportation services throughout North America. But more importantly, 32,000 jobs were saved all because of a man with good business sense and a big heart.

I would say he is a Mcarathy in the business world.
I say, look at the facts and not your hype.Lets compare profits and loses of YRC to Fedex and Conway.

At first I said no, because it’s always hard to come back to a company that you’ve worked for for so many years,” he said. “It’s kind of like going back home and living with your parents after 20 years of being gone. It’s really hard to do.”

But compassion won out when Welch remembered the 32,000 employees at YRC Woldwide. He knew he had to give up his short-lived retirement and go back.

“We (Welch and wife Shannon) did some soul searching and really thought about it and realized there were still 32,000 employees and their families kind of depending on what we do with this company.”

He has worked hard and good things are happening. Today, under his guidance, YRC Worldwide is a $5 billion transportation company and a leading provider of LTL transportation services throughout North America. But more importantly, 32,000 jobs were saved all because of a man with good business sense and a big heart.

I would say he is a Mcarathy in the business world.
Sniff, sniff I guess I've mad at the wrong guy. I never knew he came back for us. I'll save a copy of this press release, when its time for the next haircut, when as they say on the financial pages "kudos to Jim Welch at yrc, who once again has taken labor to the woodshed. Welch was able to convince his employees that the cost of paying overtime was sinking yrc, and the outrageous policy of paying for employee healthcare was "a luxury we can no longer afford". Whatever the board is paying this man it's not nearly enough" Yeah,he did this all out of the goodness of his heart. Lets not forget jaimie, he could be running a hedge fund and he just loves these guys and girls so much that he's in it for the long haul. and before you tell me if i don't like it quit, I did vote no, but in what passes for democracy, the other side won,so i'll wait here until the right opportunity comes along.

I'm not hyping anything spiracer.Do you think the CEOs of Conway or Fedex could
have took over here,waved a magic wand and brought us back to profitability
any better than Welch ?
The CEOs who took our best customers, sales people and management grew there companys and are profitable.

SF, has bigtruk been sharing some of his "stuff" with you? :biglaugh:
Well, if you can't beaten (reason with), I might as well join em. Nah, they turned me down. LB said I act like a teenager and that I am a fake Teamster that doesn't have his back. I must not have came across as sincere.:6817: :hide: :popcorn:

Sniff, sniff I guess I've mad at the wrong guy. I never knew he came back for us. I'll save a copy of this press release, when its time for the next haircut, when as they say on the financial pages "kudos to Jim Welch at yrc, who once again has taken labor to the woodshed. Welch was able to convince his employees that the cost of paying overtime was sinking yrc, and the outrageous policy of paying for employee healthcare was "a luxury we can no longer afford". Whatever the board is paying this man it's not nearly enough" Yeah,he did this all out of the goodness of his heart. Lets not forget jaimie, he could be running a hedge fund and he just loves these guys and girls so much that he's in it for the long haul. and before you tell me if i don't like it quit, I did vote no, but in what passes for democracy, the other side won,so i'll wait here until the right opportunity comes along.

I have never told anyone to quit, I will say if I were miserable and all I did was bitch about my job I would quit.Life is to short for that.
I too am looking for better opportunities.If one can better himself,why shouldn't he.
It's just in the meantime I prefer to be thankful for what I have.

Yep. And a year from now we will see the same post that you are waiting for that right opportunity to come along....

I think many of our Members are forgetting that Wall Street, is calling the shots and telling YRCW what needs to be done to service this insane debt. Remember when GP Hoffa went to NY City and sat down with the Banks and Hedge Funds and persuaded them to exchange the debt for Equity, in the Eleventh Hour ? Many have selective recall. When I sat down to Breakfast with then Candidate Sandy Pope and asked her if she could accomplish that, her answer was it wouldn't have come to that. I liked the Person, not the answers.

We weren't going to survive just by voting NO overwhelmingly, They would have had to file Bankruptcy. Do any No Voters ever think about where they would be today, if they would have Health Coverage, be paying into their own 401 plan or in short have any job that remotely resembles the one they voted away ? Many were fortunate and landed on their feet. Do you think 30 thousand plus would be that fortunate ? It has given all of us breathing room to find something better or to retire.

I have never told anyone to quit, I will say if I were miserable and all I did was bitch about my job I would quit.Life is to short for that.
I too am looking for better opportunities.If one can better himself,why shouldn't he.
It's just in the meantime I prefer to be thankful for what I have.
We aren't too far apart falcon fan. Fact is i don't mind the job too much. It's just being taken for granted, and having the welch's of the world look at guys like us and shake their head at how stupid people can be. And having the middle mgmt, (above TM) really feel that its cube dwellers that make everything happen, without someone doing write-ups for no locks, no seatbelts on the forklift, etc. this place would cease to function. Thats what pisses me off. No disrespect intended.

We aren't too far apart falcon fan. Fact is i don't mind the job too much. It's just being taken for granted, and having the welch's of the world look at guys like us and shake their head at how stupid people can be. And having the middle mgmt, (above TM) really feel that its cube dwellers that make everything happen, without someone doing write-ups for no locks, no seatbelts on the forklift, etc. this place would cease to function. Thats what pisses me off. No disrespect intended.
I give nothing but disrespect to the cube dwellers. They are revenue suckers and produce absolutely zero. Completely uneeded and made up positions.

I think many of our Members are forgetting that Wall Street, is calling the shots and telling YRCW what needs to be done to service this insane debt. Remember when GP Hoffa went to NY City and sat down with the Banks and Hedge Funds and persuaded them to exchange the debt for Equity, in the Eleventh Hour ? Many have selective recall. When I sat down to Breakfast with then Candidate Sandy Pope and asked her if she could accomplish that, her answer was it wouldn't have come to that. I liked the Person, not the answers.

We weren't going to survive just by voting NO overwhelmingly, They would have had to file Bankruptcy. Do any No Voters ever think about where they would be today, if they would have Health Coverage, be paying into their own 401 plan or in short have any job that remotely resembles the one they voted away ? Many were fortunate and landed on their feet. Do you think 30 thousand plus would be that fortunate ? It has given all of us breathing room to find something better or to retire.
Retire???? Bwahaaaa haaaaaa! Sorry pal but retirement was voted away.