Yellow | change concerns???????

PADUCAH #1

TB Lurker
Credits
how is this change going to have any credibility when the vice president of labor cannot even spell the word formerly?

or somebody else wrote it and he signed off on it without proofreading it?

scary stuff huh?

i think a lot more concern should be placed on the change itself instead of individual concerns first, as we only got less than a month to get the stink out of it.

it shows no primaries for small terminals which are big gainers in road slots.

can someone tell me where little rock arkansas is going to run?

how about jackson tennessee?

how about springdale arkansas?

each job slot should equate into at least 2500 driver miles weekly.

down here in paducah we're a one man gainer but, the only primary we got is to indy, that lane is a little thin for 5 road slots seeing we only make one schedule nightly.

we got one road guy laid off here after only 6 weeks into the last change because the rocket scientists screwed up on the numbers bigtime.

you can bet your asses that nobody is coming into paducah until they make things right for that guy as he had 250 below him in CGB and he aint worked a day since the middle of august.

we're also losing 4 utility guys, how are they bidding?

are they getting retreat rights back into their original classification or are they stuck in local cartage slots?

lotsa questions that must be answered way before the hearing starts and we got a vice president of labor who can't even spell.

we live in interesting times.

I called my BA twice today as well as the Eastern Freight Director's office and no one called.........Guess they have no answers for this mess....or they dont care......who knows>?....my question and only question is what are they going to do with us UE drivers......my terminal is -2 ue jobs....we are both local cartage......will anyone who has seniority be able to move to another terminal or will they just get rid of the 2 bottom men..?......someone has an answer feel free to post.......nuff said.....:TR10driving03:

Primaries

how is this change going to have any credibility when the vice president of labor cannot even spell the word formerly?

or somebody else wrote it and he signed off on it without proofreading it?

scary stuff huh?

i think a lot more concern should be placed on the change itself instead of individual concerns first, as we only got less than a month to get the stink out of it.

it shows no primaries for small terminals which are big gainers in road slots.

can someone tell me where little rock arkansas is going to run?

how about jackson tennessee?

how about springdale arkansas?

each job slot should equate into at least 2500 driver miles weekly.

down here in paducah we're a one man gainer but, the only primary we got is to indy, that lane is a little thin for 5 road slots seeing we only make one schedule nightly.

we got one road guy laid off here after only 6 weeks into the last change because the rocket scientists screwed up on the numbers bigtime.

you can bet your asses that nobody is coming into paducah until they make things right for that guy as he had 250 below him in CGB and he aint worked a day since the middle of august.

we're also losing 4 utility guys, how are they bidding?

are they getting retreat rights back into their original classification or are they stuck in local cartage slots?

lotsa questions that must be answered way before the hearing starts and we got a vice president of labor who can't even spell.

we live in interesting times.

Paducah,

As near as I can tell Little Rock has primaries running to KCM and NSH.

Springdale(SGE) is running to 431 Memphis and STL.

Are these the terminals you were asking about?

His point is similar to mine in another post. LIR was supposed to have 25 slots in the July COO. Of the 25, 4 never filled and 8 are laid off. Moving 12 more Road in, but canceling all the current work road, will leave a black hole for drivers to fall into, just as the last COO did. Moving to LIR would be foolish IMO also, since all runs will be considered new work and will probably get canceled frequently just as the runs established there now do. What good is a bid that rarely runs.

Point

His point is similar to mine in another post. LIR was supposed to have 25 slots in the July COO. Of the 25, 4 never filled and 8 are laid off. Moving 12 more Road in, but canceling all the current work road, will leave a black hole for drivers to fall into, just as the last COO did. Moving to LIR would be foolish IMO also, since all runs will be considered new work and will probably get canceled frequently just as the runs established there now do. What good is a bid that rarely runs.

Not sure about the balck holes as you put it.
I was only responding to those specific questions he was asking with regard to those terminals and where they were running to.

SGE to STL is 315 miles and a laydown.

if you were a road driver would 1890 miles weekly be enough money to live on?

i would assume SGE to KCM is a turn of maybe 270 or so each way so that would be 2700 miles weekly.

but, i don't think chickendale has that much work to support 6 drivers.

plus all kinds of people via in and out all the time as well.

right now, indy is primary to them and are they losing it?

the big account in town is walmart and there are huge inbound with alot of e/e freight but hardly any outbound (the usual deal there is to wake up and go empty to BAX and then back to STL or up to KCM).

this is all the kind of nitpicking crapola that has to be clarified before the hearing so that guys don't get smashed like waggs and i are talking about.

I guess I misunderstood?

SGE to STL is 315 miles and a laydown.

if you were a road driver would 1890 miles weekly be enough money to live on?

i would assume SGE to KCM is a turn of maybe 270 or so each way so that would be 2700 miles weekly.

but, i don't think chickendale has that much work to support 6 drivers.

plus all kinds of people via in and out all the time as well.

right now, indy is primary to them and are they losing it?

the big account in town is walmart and there are huge inbound with alot of e/e freight but hardly any outbound (the usual deal there is to wake up and go empty to BAX and then back to STL or up to KCM).

this is all the kind of nitpicking crapola that has to be clarified before the hearing so that guys don't get smashed like waggs and i are talking about.

I thought you were asking where those specific terminals were running to?

I guess I misunderstood the question you were asking.
Sorry about that:hide:

Let me throw in a new twist for the road.....I

t has been ruled that "Southern Modified Seniority is not applied in conjunction with Multi-Region, or Southern Region Changes of Operations".....so a Road driver in the South who has an opertunity to follow their work and does not do so and takes a layoff in the South....cannot use their SMS to bump somewhere else in the South??......KK

daveprom.

my question is does JAK generate that kind of tonnage?

that's 24 outbound loads weekly to both CGB and CTI (8 drivers 3 outbound trips all laydowns).

that's a lot of tonnage.

being a gainer is great but, if the work aint there, it aint there.

if you were losing your current gig would you bid into a place like this without assurances or rock solid calrifications that you will have a job when the dust clears?

BTW; they're losing peddle work to PDU as well.

Paducah #1
I was just trying to answer your question about where they are running. They are running into 309 Chicago Heights, not CGB. Most of the CGB long turns are now going to run into and out of 309, ie; LCW, SWI GBW, TLD, while CGB is going to be running shorter turns like Kokomo, Danville, Osh Kosh. Roadway 309 is also losing all but 3 sleeper destinations Bloomongton, CA., Portland, OR., and Phoenix, AZ while CGB is running Los Angeles, Bloomington, Portland, Denver, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Tracy, and Las Vegas, so it looks like 309 is going to be more regional and CGB is going to be the sleeper terminal. Just some thoughts, I for one have no idea what the heck is going on, I just hope someone in Overland Park does.

Just 2 questions
1. 657 is a gaining +3 as well as NRF +2 and under this COO they have both barns running primary to 135 & CNC (both lay down mini's). Is this additional bid runs added to the road at our barns and change where we are primary to now.

As of now 242 (Rex Columbus) runs at us now but they are closing 242 and moving into COL (Yell). Don't see where they are primary to us. Same thing for 211 where we run at them primary, same situation 211 moving into CLE (Cleveland). Are these lanes changing also or still intact.

2. Canadian freight in our district ran into & out of 671 on Riemer sleeper teams. Will this still happen out of CNC?

alright 2 1/2

Not sure about the balck holes as you put it.
I was only responding to those specific questions he was asking with regard to those terminals and where they were running to.

I was referring to your general tone that each position at these terminals should generate 2500 miles a week. At LR that has not happened for most of the 50% of drivers still left. How can anyone move there with any credibility, when the positions in place already have about a 15 - 20% success rate of accomplishing that goal.

Tone?

I was referring to your general tone that each position at these terminals should generate 2500 miles a week. At LR that has not happened for most of the 50% of drivers still left. How can anyone move there with any credibility, when the positions in place already have about a 15 - 20% success rate of accomplishing that goal.

My genral tone?
I think you have me and Paducah confused:1036316054:

You TWO !!

Now you two better simmer DOWN :1036316054:if you keep this up the only place I will let you transfer to will be "120 " :hysterical:!!!! Now BEHAVE !!!:biglaugh::Bondage:

yeah ,sure they do, right, uh huh

Paducah #1
I was just trying to answer your question about where they are running. They are running into 309 Chicago Heights, not CGB. Most of the CGB long turns are now going to run into and out of 309, ie; LCW, SWI GBW, TLD, while CGB is going to be running shorter turns like Kokomo, Danville, Osh Kosh. Roadway 309 is also losing all but 3 sleeper destinations Bloomongton, CA., Portland, OR., and Phoenix, AZ while CGB is running Los Angeles, Bloomington, Portland, Denver, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Tracy, and Las Vegas, so it looks like 309 is going to be more regional and CGB is going to be the sleeper terminal. Just some thoughts, I for one have no idea what the heck is going on,
I just hope someone in Overland Park does.
:hysterical:

maybe the fog will clear up a bit

this morning there's supposed tobe a conference call between the labor guy and us 2 stewards in paducah.

we'll get to maybe see how we're gonna look after the change.