Yellow | Change of Operations 2014

Just a educated guess , but I see Akron closing Columbus open . Indy reduced and also Nash reduced . Reverse of lanes in a lot of areas because of freight imbalances , and counter productive work rules ....:hide:

How many frekin times does this company have to fix a linehaul/ Breakbulk problem? Can't these bozo's in O-P-E ( or whatever da hell they are call'in it today!) get it right?
This is not something you need a frekin Ivy league bean counter to figure da hell out!
DUH! Try asking some Linehaul people! If you's haven't fired or got rid of da one who know what da hell they are doing!!!!!!!
Great! My 15% and pension is now going to go to fixing a _______________________ (Fill in da blank folks! It ain't pretty! Nor was it ment to be!) relay problem that this Management team tried to fix before!
NEW FLASH OVERLAND PARK! WE CAN'T KEEP SPENDING MONEY TO FIX THE SAME DAMN PROBLEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE USE THEIR GOD GIVEN BRAINS AND FIGURE THIS THE HELL OUT? IT'S EMBARASSING!

maybe they will all be changes that are within the area that they wont have to WASTE money on moving guys .you can move or drive 2 hours at no cost to company .yes yes yes we can!!!!!

maybe they will all be changes that are within the area that they wont have to WASTE money on moving guys .you can move or drive 2 hours at no cost to company .yes yes yes we can!!!!!

Instead of moving expense compensation, will those who have moved all over hellandgone be issued "Ruby Slippers" so they can return to their respective points of origin?

There are rumors ontop of rumors but the only one that is official is moving 640 to 830 which is 8 miles down the road.... has'nt been heard yet

Yeah, gettin bored sittin here waitin on freight (1 & 1/2 hrs. So far). Thought you guys would get a kick out of that letter.

So, the only thing official is an emphatic No!

However, that "no" doesn't rule out something a couple months from now. Apparently there is so much speculation in Indy that they thought it was effecting the work, hence the memo.

My $.02: Greenville and Houston will never be opened back up again as break bulks. Big R was the only trucking company that tried a large break bulk in Greenville, and they only had it there from mid nineties to early 2000s, before the mid 90s build up it was not that large.

There isn't enough freight to justify a break bulk in Houston. At one time Big Yellow and Big R both had big break bulks in Houston, but that was back before deregulation and de-unionization of the LTL market. Almost all of the union-carried freight coming out of the Valley is coming from Mexico via Laredo (and to a lesser extent McAllen) and that is an easy laydown for Dallas, where the freight can be broken to go East or West. Maybe the work rules don't favor Dallas but the Geography sure does.

I think it is just a matter of time till they start breaking in Memphis again, which will mean Dallas will also be getting more west-bound freight. YRC is the only shipping/trucking/transportation company that doesn't have a large terminal in Memphis. ABF has theirs in Little Rock, but that's not far away. Geography favors Memphis and their work rules are not a problem. Actually, I am not convinced that local work rules has any effect on what terminals are pluses or minuses.

That last change might make sense if seen as an intermediate step to putting sleepers east of the Mississippi. But Jeff Rogers is gone. So don't know. Any long term operations plans probably went with him. But if they have successfully bypassed the Springfield,MO relay with sleeper teams running Dallas to Chicago, why not bypass the Memphis relay with sleeper teams running Dallas to Nashville, and then bypass Stanton, VA with sleeper teams between Nashville and Harrisburg, which seems to be what the non-union competition is doing. I-81 on any day of the week looks like a parade of non-union sleeper teams. I suspect it is in our future. YRC either copies what the non-union competition is doing or die. Unmanned relays were the last step before putting sleepers between Dallas and S. Cal. Just saying. Trying to operate a trucking company with an infrastructure and union rules that were created to optimize 1970's ICC-regulated, line-haul routes is a death by attrition. Say, hello to your new sleeper partner, he probably likes to listen to Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and still thinks deregulation and the "free" market is a good thing.

we all know they keep it all hush hush until they drop the bomb .
fyi slim they have had a couple supers go from charlotte to greenville in the last few months.