Yellow | Change of Operations 2014

no im thinking they may opening it up to more freight .instead of bringing it north to charlotte then south they can ship southern frieght straight out of greenville

Last edited by a moderator:
There are rumors ontop of rumors but the only one that is official is moving 640 to 830 which is 8 miles down the road.... has'nt been heard yet

Railyard still won't open the back gate @ SB to cut down on drivetime to the railhead. Might as well move back to Bloomington, since they have not been able to sell it....

P. S. Soooo, we can depend on that being an "official" rumor?

Looks like they are copying the non unions so look for Valdosta to open as well. Fed ex has a break here. Atlanta and Nash can not handle the freight it has been proven . Valdosta may not be as big but it looks like they will be part of any change positive or negitive!!!!!

Looks like they are copying the non unions so look for Valdosta to open as well. Fed ex has a break here. Atlanta and Nash can not handle the freight it has been proven . Valdosta may not be as big but it looks like they will be part of any change positive or negitive!!!!!

Valdosta terminal was put there for one reason, a break bulk for Florida, why YRC don't use it is beyond me! :duh:

Valdosta terminal was put there for one reason, a break bulk for Florida, why YRC don't use it is beyond me! :duh:

Two reasons it was built in Georgia and not Florida: 1st, Georgia is a right to work state; 2nd, worker's comp insurance. Even 30 years ago, Roadway was trying to control their labor costs!

Two reasons it was built in Georgia and not Florida: 1st, Georgia is a right to work state; 2nd, worker's comp insurance. Even 30 years ago, Roadway was trying to control their labor costs!
FYI Just to be politically correct the terminal is in Lake Park, Georgia about 3 miles from Florida state line.:)'

And the last I heard FL was right to work for less too.

And the last I heard FL was right to work for less too.

Yes, but worker's comp pays 80% of wages in Fl, but max $275 in Ga (last time I heard). For some reason, back in the day, most road drivers injured themselves in Fl............:icon_dance:

Georgia side of the line has all the "massage" parlors too.

They need a place to break freight other than atl and nash to much congestion freight sitting for days worst service in the company . We shall see , it's gonna be interesting for sure !!!