Yellow | Change!!!

Thought I might stir the pot before the "Happy" New Year.

I was browsing ALL YRC companies yesterday.
I came across very interesting statistics verifying YRCF "world class service" which Mr. Welch is always claiming via news outlets. Note the on-time delivery ratio!

Watch the number's closely in the next year. Service Centers, Employees, and Equipment.

YRC Freight
Can anyone locate the exact number of service centers, "active" employment, and equipment?

Quote from Mr. Welch on 8-6-12.
For example, YRC is making deliveries within company standards 80 percent of the time, compared with 62 percent last year.
That success is allowing the company to increase its rates and try to win back customers who defected to other carriers in recent years.
“You’ve got to give good service to make this thing work,” Welch said.
Pierson acknowledged that YRC Freight recorded a 3.3 percent decline in daily freight tonnage in the second quarter compared with a year ago. But he said that came as the company sought to eliminate less profitable business.
The company’s regional businesses — Holland, Reddaway and New Penn — reported a collective 4.4 percent increase in volume during the same period.

YRC Holland.
Facilities and Equipment
57 service centers including those in Canada
6,155 Trailers
5,415 Tractors
Liftgate service available at most service centers

People
Scott D. Ware, president
6,651 employees
142 account executives

Service
More next-day service lanes than any other competitor in its region
Highly reliable on-time performance
0.44 percent claim ratio
99.8 percent of shipments delivered damage-free

YRC Reddaway
Service Centers and Equipment
54 service centers
5,000 trailers (mostly pups)
1,550 tractors
Liftgate service available at all service centers

People
T.J. O'Connor, president and CEO
2,600 employees
Non-union and union employees
80 account managers
3 division vice presidents

Service
98 percent on-time
0.8 percent claims ratio
Service standards equal to or better than the best available on 88 percent of lanes within the region

YRC New Penn
New Penn is a regional less-than-truckload motor carrier providing reliable, next-day service through a network of 24 service centers in the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada and Puerto Rico. The company also provides service to parts of the West, Midwest and Southeast regions of the United States and all of Canada in conjunction with partner carriers. New Penn employs more than 2,000 people, operates a fleet of more than 850 tractors and 1,700 trailers, and is widely regarded as one of the most efficiently operated transportation providers in the industry.
When it comes to reliability, shippers in the Northeast and Puerto Rico know that New Penn delivers consistently at 98-percent on time and even higher for expedited and guaranteed services.
Customers also appreciate our low claim ratio--just 0.49 percent for regional and interregional shipments moving through the New Penn system.

By the way, a history lesson.
Read and Weep!
Jackie Presser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok Hanalad,What are we?A phantom company that doesn't seem to exist?Last time I looked.I saw tractors and trailers at 511.Alot of hard parked daycab tractors.I know we go down south to 555 557 556 521 522 518 574 504 and we go to 309 also El Paso albuerqurque,Denver,salt lake and your place in Orange.sun valley,las Vegas,Tracy,st Louis,Kansas city,Oklahoma City,Texarkana, Memphis and Jackson Ms and Baton Rouge and New Orleans and Shrevesport and Abilene and Lubbock and midland Odessa San bernardino

Ok Hanalad,What are we?A phantom company that doesn't seem to exist?Last time I looked.I saw tractors and trailers at 511.Alot of hard parked daycab tractors.I know we go down south to 555 557 556 521 522 518 574 504 and we go to 309 also El Paso albuerqurque,Denver,salt lake and your place in Orange.sun valley,las Vegas,Tracy,st Louis,Kansas city,Oklahoma City,Texarkana, Memphis and Jackson Ms and Baton Rouge and New Orleans and Shrevesport and Abilene and Lubbock and midland Odessa San bernardino

OK? Give me/us some numbers!
I cannot locate up-to-date specifications for YRC Freight! CAN YOU?

The corporation posts specific info for our subsidiaries/"competition?"

Perhaps, I'm not computer literate.

I don't go looking and learning about how many tractors we have on hand or our trailer inventory.I know at times this past year.We didnt have enough room for our trailers at 511.Had to rent some space next door to park our trailers.I do think that with this last change of operations this past year.That Holland would be handling some of the less than 500mile freight.That some of our trailers were swapped over to Holland(I believe).With incompetency and young dock supervisors at our barn.Service failures and alot of wasted wait time has run rampant.As well as too many hard parked tractors hasn't helped.Thats at 511.Then our freight flow dropped off.Because Kansas City felt or feels we aren't getting the job done.So they were or are still rerouting freight around us.I heard about some major changes coming up for us at 511 soon.Maybe or maybe not.As a small time investor in this thing as well as the rest of us.We sure dont get much information on operational changes or equipment allocations

To answer your question.No I haven't seen any numbers relating to tractors and trailers and employee numbers.I know about how many Linehaul drivers are on layoff up to present time.Approximately 100 out of 514 we had earlier this year.Plus a ton of dock workers.Maybe less than a 100 on the drivers

I don't go looking and learning about how many tractors we have on hand or our trailer inventory.I know at times this past year.We didnt have enough room for our trailers at 511.Had to rent some space next door to park our trailers.I do think that with this last change of operations this past year.That Holland would be handling some of the less than 500mile freight.That some of our trailers were swapped over to Holland(I believe).With incompetency and young dock supervisors at our barn.Service failures and alot of wasted wait time has run rampant.As well as too many hard parked tractors hasn't helped.Thats at 511.Then our freight flow dropped off.Because Kansas City felt or feels we aren't getting the job done.So they were or are still rerouting freight around us.I heard about some major changes coming up for us at 511 soon.Maybe or maybe not.As a small time investor in this thing as well as the rest of us.We sure dont get much information on operational changes or equipment allocations

I would have to agree 100% with your reply.

I do not enjoy the idea of Mr. Welch advertising our 80% on time deliver ratio compared to Holland/99.8%, Reddaway/98%, and New Penn/98%.

I noticed our bill count isn't posted any more either.
Compare the bill count thread on 9/12-9/15 this year, to 2 years ago on this board.
We have not grown! Another CF/Conway fiasco down the road?

Mr Welch can advertise all he wants.With YRC freight being the largest of all the other YRCW companies.It is really hard to compare all the subsidiaries together.Basically you have to take each one and grade it on its own standards based on what each company is built to do.A metric if you will.Grant you this.Most of YRC freight's failures are self inflicted.Definitely need a better computer software program.Plus this last change earlier this year was phase1 of a 3 part change of operations.Maybe the results for YRC freight are a little misleading and lopsided.I know we got the screws put to us at 511 in the first phase

Hold on bigtruk, before I left YRC the Yellow heritage men told us how more efficeint their computer was, and granted the Bigs Rs was old and outdated, at the barn I worked at we were using the new system before I left, and the Yellow men said that this computer system was more like theirs, and yes it was more efficient. As for getting screws put to you in this first phase I have to admit you lost me there, all I remember about any of these changes in the past Tyson always made sure 511 either gained or werent touched as far as men having to leave, this is just my opinion but how is it you guys got screwed when 511 always gained which ment better runs, your seniority shouldve gotten better since it was usually lower seniority men dovetailing in following their jobs, and sometimes the occasional 30 year man going to your barn to just collect the moving cash then retiring.. As far as the 66% on time we were always told the service #s and they werent nothing to brag about, cant recall anythhing under 75% on time but from wht I do rememeber Fridays were usually the worst. Now granted they could "trap" anything and it magically made service, even though they "told us" they would never cheat the #s.. No I dont or didnt believe this. As for all of these phase changes, how many more phases can this company afford?? Under the Great Greedy one we had numerous changes and they were all in the phase 1,2, or 3 and like everything he did was a failure..

Left in April of 12, it wasnt that long ago.. Now Holland has some real old computers, and the Tm at the barn Im at even said that, hell we still have to pencil in trailers or where we docked the freight.. As far as the "phases" I get ya, just seems all of their changes happen in 3 phase increments, and they still have yet to really get it right.. As far as Dynamic environment, that was 1 of the reasons I left,, it always seems that the job was held over our head, yet we were the ones that (as a whole) gave to keep this thing going..

Changes are coming! ( I could give a rats ass what KK or anyone has to say) Big wigs are popping up at different terminals every month or so. L/H has a lot of holes as does the computer systems. Downsizing is still a priority. Slow time of the year is a perfect time for change due to lower volumes which equal lower revenue drops when mistakes happen. Say what you want, you nay sayers, but the honest truth is, YRC Freight has many more surprises up their sleeves, the COO and other little tricks to try and save a buck are coming your way. Happy New Year!
P.S. I understand people want written proof... Oh yes my friends, be patient, it's on it's way.

I believe you Rockstar.Our BA and Freight Director Gordon Sweeton were in KC a week ago talking to the company.That wasnt a grievance meeting.That was a week earlier in Florida.This meeting most likely concerned 511 Irving.We got the screws put to us in that last COO.

I just love when a plan comes together. Enjoy Chicago! NEXT!!!