Yellow | Change!!!

What? Are you in denial?? Or are you just ignorant too RW77. People like you make me sick. You're an embarrassment to real teamsters!!!! Go get a life fantasy boy and wake up!!!!! AHOLE

You should be embarrassed by your post.....Don't you think your response was a bit over the top in proportion to the comment you were posting about? Probably not....but..I would hope that you'll come to understand...someday.... that people will be more open to your comments and viewpoints if you put a little thought into them before actually posting them to be read by all.....If you disagree that's great...but please stop the mindless insults and stop embarrassing yourself and the Teamsters Union.....Keep in mind there are non-Union people reading the comments left here as well....

Yellow Who,
I know how ya feel, very frustrating watching good men getting laid off because of mismanagement of a once great company. Here in KC, almost all of the supervision that had any clue as to how to move freight were let go and replaced with snot nosed kids straight outa school. Everyone has to learn, that's a givin but, this is Yellow/Roadway, 2 of the biggest, best run LTL trucking company's in the world now merged into one, you would think that they would want the best, brightest, knowledgeable supervisors they could get. Instead, we are stuck with these kids that can't wipe their collective asses even if they could find them but, they are very good at kissing management's ass.

Our TOM came from Overland Park, the word I got was he went as far as he could go with out Break Bulk experience so "they" sent him here. The guy is supposed to be an engineer and after his implemented changes, we now run half "production" that we ran while we had 2/3's again more freight running across our dock. When we asked him about this, we were told that we didn't see the big picture and we weren't really doing that good back then....I kid you not. This Ass Hat couldn't manage a pillow fight let alone a Break Bulk.

We had heard rumors that he was going to be removed but, no....No, "they" will promote him, not for what he knows, for WHO he knows and as long as "The Good Old Boy's Club" is alive and well at "The Glass House"....Well, there ya go.

I had heard good things about Welch and was encouraged when he cut a lot of the fat outa Overland Park but I gotta tell ya, as long as he permits the mismanagement at the terminal level, were gona continue to struggle.

you would think that they would want the best, brightest, knowledgeable supervisors they could get. Instead, we are stuck with these kids that can't wipe their collective asses even if they could find them but, they are very good at kissing management's ass.

Our TOM came from Overland Park, the word I got was he went as far as he could go with out Break Bulk experience so "they" sent him here. The guy is supposed to be an engineer and after his implemented changes, we now run half "production" that we ran while we had 2/3's again more freight running across our dock. When we asked him about this, we were told that we didn't see the big picture and we weren't really doing that good back then....I kid you not. This Ass Hat couldn't manage a pillow fight let alone a Break Bulk.

We had heard rumors that he was going to be removed but, no....No, "they" will promote him, not for what he knows, for WHO he knows and as long as "The Good Old Boy's Club" is alive and well at "The Glass House"....Well, there ya go.

I had heard good things about Welch and was encouraged when he cut a lot of the fat outa Overland Park but I gotta tell ya, as long as he permits the mismanagement at the terminal level, were gona continue to struggle.
A couple things about terminal level supers...They are fresh out of college with a business degree. Not an Ivy league school. If they get as far as dispatch before they get fired they're doing good. If they fire enough teamsters as T.O.M they get a break bulk

Giving class A service or having class A supervisors is not a goal. It costs money to supply class A service/supervisors thus the cuts in service. It's a talent..some have it some don't. We once had a Yale grad as dispatcher. He was as stupid as far as operations as it gets. the d

So, what is happening with the yellow/roadway brand? Is it going to make it, or is it heading for the final roundup? Why should I care? Well for a few reasons. First off if the yellow/roadway brand fall into the trash can, so does the Reddaway brand. I personally have a few friends working in that brand. Second, I am very partial to Reddaway, since I spent 13 years with them before I was layed off in Feb of 2011. After all the water under the bridge, I really dont care what happens to yellow/roadway, although I want Reddaway to succeed which means that yellow/roadway must as well. So are they still stealing your pay, benefits, and retirement today? Are they succeeding or failing? Is the union standing up for all of you now, or still kissing management butt? Just curious.

It looks like the end of the line for most of the end of line terminals. L/H
And... Well, I can't say just yet.

Disagree. Before the big bang (merge) eol terminal operation was being beefed up and working. We need domicile drivers that are called out when they expect (11pm) and not have any delay with a wait for bb to show up around 4/8 hours later or not at all.