Yellow | Change!!!

Agree yellow who , freght better learn how to work more productive or their gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The regionals will be the last one standing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If management and labor both do not start thinking outside of the box we have been stuck in for the last 30 years as far as methods of moving freight from point A to B, it will always be tough to show a profit, let alone dig out of this debt we are buried in.

If management and labor both do not start thinking outside of the box we have been stuck in for the last 30 years as far as methods of moving freight from point A to B, it will always be tough to show a profit, let alone dig out of this debt we are buried in.

What kind of "out of the box" thinking do you suggest? I am all for improved methods and on time deliveries as well as reduced claims.
The breakout crew, which I am happy to be a part of, is well above goal. Our supervisor takes on the responsibility of setting up routes, but ultimately works with us when we make decisions on routes to change or combine based on freight levels and changes to our inbound dispatches. Management trusts our decisions and informs us of reasons that certain routing is necessary, e.g. swing door pickups with oversized freight, early pickup requirements and volume or sealed/divider loads.

Can both sides present ideas clearly with realistic goals and compromise?

Oh, no, that's legislation and politics....

What kind of "out of the box" thinking do you suggest? I am all for improved methods and on time deliveries as well as reduced claims.
The breakout crew, which I am happy to be a part of, is well above goal. Our supervisor takes on the responsibility of setting up routes, but ultimately works with us when we make decisions on routes to change or combine based on freight levels and changes to our inbound dispatches. Management trusts our decisions and informs us of reasons that certain routing is necessary, e.g. swing door pickups with oversized freight, early pickup requirements and volume or sealed/divider loads.

Can both sides present ideas clearly with realistic goals and compromise? If your barn operates that well El', good for you guys. More talking about management that either does not know, or lets people tell them what they will or will not do, and on the other side, people that for instance think 2.5 bills per hr is "good", or do not care if a driver sits in the break room for 2 hrs waiting for a hook. Never will make much profit either way. Just my opinion.

Oh, no, that's legislation and politics....
If your barn operates that well Elwood, good for you guys. More talking about management that either does not know, or lets people tell them what they will, or will not do, and on the other side, people that think 2.5 bills per hour is acceptable or do not care if a driver sits in the break room waiting 2 hours for a hook. Just my opinion.

If your barn operates that well Elwood, good for you guys. More talking about management that either does not know, or lets people tell them what they will, or will not do, and on the other side, people that think 2.5 bills per hour is acceptable or do not care if a driver sits in the break room waiting 2 hours for a hook. Just my opinion.

I agree with you, I am looking for solutions.

We have our share of P&D drivers that spend more time trying to figure out how not to deliver freight using "legitimate" reasons and regularly need others to cover their pickups.

Line drivers sit at our barn because our o/b supervisor will not dispatch and cannot close loads until ALL of the trailers are closed. This supervisor has issues and is a major clog in our artery. Better, more capable supervisors have been let go instead, because of seniority and "other issues."

The ability to close our own loads could circumvent the issue. We have no electronics on our dock.

We are also the last in our area to get our inbound freight.

Keep drinkin the Kool-Aid,, I remember back when Roadway and Yellow were trucklines, 3 million a month profit was unexcetable,, and incase you forgot, YRC is a mere shell of what what of those companies were when they stood alone. 3 mill for a company this size is an embarassment.. albads response summed it all up, how much longer can the regionals continue to keep Freight alive??
Tell me something, what is the difference between "Kool aid" and the reality of what things really are?
While I agree with you that back in "DA DAY" 3 mil a month would **** off the powers that be. But this is not back in da day, It's today! Two different animals!!

Tell me something, what is the difference between "Kool aid" and the reality of what things really are?
While I agree with you that back in "DA DAY" 3 mil a month would **** off the powers that be. But this is not back in da day, It's today! Two different animals!!

The difference is, you are the 'glass half full' type, while it seems alot of guys in here are the 'glass half empty' type. Goodness, there really is alot of bitterness on this forum. Not tryin to say what's wrong or what's right, just sayin. Hey, is this the infamous place other forums refer to as the 'Dark Side'? lol

I don't think I'm a half full type. I am hoping for the best and seeing improvement on the Company's balance sheet. Plainfully slow improvement! But Improvement non the less. I voted for the 15% hoping the Co would get it's act together and it seems that is happening. (Hell the banks have not shut us down yet have they?) Are there things that **** me the #$@& off? Hell yes! Why am I giving 15% while Management is only giving 10%? What the hell happened to "Equal"? Why da hell did "Fuzzy" Zollars get a $13 million for walking out da damn door? He should have got as azz kicking!
But then I calm down, and think it could be worst!

I don't think I'm a half full type. I am hoping for the best and seeing improvement on the Company's balance sheet. Plainfully slow improvement! But Improvement non the less. I voted for the 15% hoping the Co would get it's act together and it seems that is happening. (Hell the banks have not shut us down yet have they?) Are there things that **** me the #$@& off? Hell yes! Why am I giving 15% while Management is only giving 10%? What the hell happened to "Equal"? Why da hell did "Fuzzy" Zollars get a $13 million for walking out da damn door? He should have got as azz kicking!
But then I calm down, and think it could be worst!

Profits will never be what they were back in the 90s. All anyone can hope for today is for the company to operate in the black and keep their jobs. Two years ago most employees thought YRC was going to close the doors any day,now it feels that the company has a little better footing and is on the way to seeing a profit, and that means more job security for the rank and file. It`s good to hear that the company,in some areas are listening to the employees a little more and giving them a voice in day to day operations. I really believe that may be an important asset in making this company successful today. For too long management,many of whom, didn`t have a clue,dictated to all the employees and look where it has gotten this company. Times are changing and sooner or later,everyone will have to change with it.

We the rank and file take monetary cuts, pension cuts, health benie cuts, vacation cuts, work rule changes, then $Bill walks with a huge severence package, we get new management and B.O.D. who 6-9 months later all take pay raises, while we the ones who saved or are trying to save this ship are still working at substandard wages and retirment, yea I guess this is fair. In the mean time theres been atleast 1 major change and probably more to come, many of men have lost their job, or like myself left after 23 years quit because I wasnt driving yet another hour away on top of the 2 that I already was driving. Our pension probably wont make it, so for the next 21 years that I might put in at Holland will be for a pay check. Yea 45 years at age 65 for a government subsidised retirement. Granted things had to change, probably even before the buyout/merge, but for the membership to keep taking it on the chin while the people who think they have a plan keep getting raises is a joke. 2014 should be a real interesting year, contract is up in 15, and their massive loans have to be renegotiated, wonder what kind of raise will be coming our way??

We the rank and file take monetary cuts, pension cuts, health benie cuts, vacation cuts, work rule changes, then $Bill walks with a huge severence package, we get new management and B.O.D. who 6-9 months later all take pay raises, while we the ones who saved or are trying to save this ship are still working at substandard wages and retirment, yea I guess this is fair. In the mean time theres been atleast 1 major change and probably more to come, many of men have lost their job, or like myself left after 23 years quit because I wasnt driving yet another hour away on top of the 2 that I already was driving. Our pension probably wont make it, so for the next 21 years that I might put in at Holland will be for a pay check. Yea 45 years at age 65 for a government subsidised retirement. Granted things had to change, probably even before the buyout/merge, but for the membership to keep taking it on the chin while the people who think they have a plan keep getting raises is a joke. 2014 should be a real interesting year, contract is up in 15, and their massive loans have to be renegotiated, wonder what kind of raise will be coming our way??
I can't argue with you on any of your points because I agree with all of them. Bottom line? We are still working, None of us who stayed (Or are still here) had to start over again somewhere else at the bottom of the list. And it seems the Company is getting it's frekin act together. As you said, Lets see what happens in 2015.

Maybe a "Boston Tea Party" might wake their dysfunctional souls.

Doubt anything will wake Overland Park, I guess what I am getting at before my rant, with all of these concessions this company should be making 3 million profit every month, instead they chose to once again move half the people in one department or another all over the continental U.S, and get rid of the other half,, nothng good has come from any of this companies coos..