FedEx Freight | changes coming in april

Ccm means customer center manager.

Redshirt.....where are you getting your info? On what facts do you base your statement?

Why be diffrent and take the term Terminal Manager and convert it to Customer Center Manager ? I still say Tm anybody else?

Wait a minute. Did I hear this right? FedEx is going to make a change in April? Wow, to think FedEx is going to change something. Come on people. The real news would be if FedEx was not going to change something in April. Can anyone name one month in the last several years when they didn't change something?
Lets face it. All FedEx is anymore is a toy for Fred to play with. He made his fortune, and now he's playing with his ideas to see if anything works. Kind of like a kid squeezing a bug to see if it squirms.
I wonder how long it's going to take until everyone realizes that. Drivers have gone from earning $80,000 a year 2 years ago to making 50 to 60 now. They've taken holidays, personal days, certain detention pays, maintenance on the vehicles, and on and on over just the last year. And yet there are many who still worship the ground Fred walks on.
You people need to wake up. I still see many posts here where drivers are touting how great it is that they haven't had to take a pay cut. I don't know where you're working, but it isn't FedEx. at least if you're going to work here, do it with an open mind. Don't be blind. Just like with the union thread that's going on now. I also am not in favor of a union, but I do think thedrivers need to get together and let them know it's enough now already.
O.k., I'm done ranting. you can all hate me now. But while you do, remember, I'm not saying anything that isn't true. Be safe out there.

+1 :1036316054:

:bowdown::chairshot: I used to worry about stupid stuff this company did that affected my job but I just don't care anymore. I work out of a small center that they have talked for years they would close and run it out of the hub. We always thought we would have the chance to dove tail in and that would ease the pain of having to make that long drive every day(gas,wear and tear on vehicles etc) but to tell you the truth I just don't care anymore. If they gave me my money tomorrow I would pay off my house and find some other driving job where I wouldn't have to work till the wee hours of the morning. I am sick and tired of the BS but a union is not the answer we need especially if it has anything to do with the teamsters. Like someone mentioned in an earlier response they make less money, I thought that was only me. I have a sneaking feeling that part of the big changes coming forth will not only have to do with line haul changes but anticipated changes in the HOS (hours of service). A lot of lanes that Little Rock used to run on laydowns were changed to meets, if the HOS goes back to the 10hour driving rule versus the 11hour rule major changes will have to be made on the really long runs. As always Fedex wants their cake and ice cream but they don't want to share. All it is anymore is a pay check. I do what I am required to do and no more.

to be honest the only one i will do anything for is the TM anyone else ask me to do something extra kiss my ass I will do my job and nothing more

HUH? I thought CCM meant "Can't Comprehend Much " .....I know a few like that you talk to them and they look at you like a deer caught in your head lights....can I have an AMEN!!! LOL

most TM are like that but im lucky I have a good one that tries but his hands are tied in alot of cases they dont want anyone to have to much control that is why they have so many managers to spreed the control out its very comical they scream money money money but they have to many people that are managers that do nothing in each center it blows me away the money this company throws away daily

That's why I don't worry anymore. That's why I said earlier, Let Management worry, let them pull their hair outta their heads and turn gray. There are plenty of them to go around, plenty who get fired or quit. Ever watch the infighting that goes on between them? Some terminals more than others, specially the hubs. It's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone here thinks your CCM, your TCM, your SCM, or your TM have any power, you're wrong. They are there to put together the numbers. They are tied to their computers and email. I agree with Mr. Drool. Let them worry about it all. Just do what you're supposed to do and no more. (Otherwise you are sticking your neck out).

As I understand it...Yes it is true.....After the merger announcement late last year the regional manager (sorry I forget his name) visited our center, I spoke to him about how the dovetailing was being handled during the merger. He answered my questions and followed it up saying, after the Merger there will be NO MORE DOVETALING in the future, per some rule they had put in place.....
Racer

I would like to see that rule

Interestingly, there are somewhere around 75 open positions posted between the road (16), city (21), dock (30), and shop (8) boards. Yet a "red shirt" declares that a layoff is coming, just as we're moving into freight season? Does anyone else see a disconnect with that? Maybe some network realignments/transfers now that we're full bore into the new world, but I seriously discount the notion of a full fledged layoff.

oaf (doubting Thomas)

I went in to drop off logs today from not working last week and they had daytime bid drivers moving equipment around on the clock.....Hmmmmm?

dont get all wrapped up in the hype. remember that a driver posted which we are all drivers and the one thing that we are all good at is BS and stirring the pooper pot. Dont get all hyped up about. Some people are just miserable with their lives and want to make everyone elses the same. whatever

dont get all wrapped up in the hype. remember that a driver posted which we are all drivers and the one thing that we are all good at is BS and stirring the pooper pot. Dont get all hyped up about. Some people are just miserable with their lives and want to make everyone elses the same. whatever

I was just getting ready to ask, can anybody say:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Interestingly, there are somewhere around 75 open positions posted between the road (16), city (21), dock (30), and shop (8) boards. Yet a "red shirt" declares that a layoff is coming, just as we're moving into freight season? Does anyone else see a disconnect with that? Maybe some network realignments/transfers now that we're full bore into the new world, but I seriously discount the notion of a full fledged layoff.

oaf (doubting Thomas)

Old AF I respect your opinion but after much thought and a friend in another industry, I think within 60 days you will be proven wrong. I will take no pleasure in that. The post that started this thread is valid. National wasn't merged with Freight it was a shutdown without being named a shutdown. It was a 2 stage shutdown, Stage 1 is complete. Stage 2 is set to kick off soon. Has anybody noticed the New Log Books? Do we currently need 10 trip legs each day??? No new tractors purchased? Half of our tractor fleet have been 100% depreciated. I smell a foul wind blowing. Was anybody curious when the regional districts were re-aligned late last year?

Old AF I respect your opinion but after much thought and a friend in another industry, I think within 60 days you will be proven wrong. I will take no pleasure in that. The post that started this thread is valid. National wasn't merged with Freight it was a shutdown without being named a shutdown. It was a 2 stage shutdown, Stage 1 is complete. Stage 2 is set to kick off soon. Has anybody noticed the New Log Books? Do we currently need 10 trip legs each day??? No new tractors purchased? Half of our tractor fleet have been 100% depreciated. I smell a foul wind blowing. Was anybody curious when the regional districts were re-aligned late last year?

Not that I think your not onto something cause I think you are but I will say POS has some sweet spankin' new Macks!

Popcorn, for all our sake, I hope I'm right and not just blindly optimistic. I do agree that despite the terminology, the "merger" was indeed a shutdown. But given that we're running freight levels in the area of 90,000 shipments per day (per my manager) what's the logic of another layoff? What are you thinking Stage 2 would look like? Again, I can see some adjustments needed since the ratio of Priority to Economy is not what they planned for, but not a wholesale change (hopefully)....

oaf