Yellow | Changing times... IBT future?

:soapbox:We are being told by t/m at Paducah that there can be no reoairs to equipment unless it is a safety issue or emergency,and who decises this? the t/m who has never driven a truck one inch .Boy, I really feel re-assured knowing some one with soooo much experience driving has the call to make,deciding if I make it home alive or in a box with cotton stuffed in my gasshole. We have some mesters who did'nt get to drive a better tractor so he runs to the t/m crying big horseturd tears so now perfectly good road tractors sit against the fence while other JUNK is forced on us. But the jokes on them I made 4 hours o/t because old truck broke down. And they say this company is broke? I wonder why KC don't look at Paducah and see how pitiful it is run .Thirty years in this business and this is the worst mngmt I have ever seen. My opinion is;Yellow is about to close the doors thats why they are not worried about how things are run,who cares , if your going broke anyway don't spend money on equipment or quality management. Think about it boys and girls the writing is on the s**thouse wall. I hanging on for severance pay and unemployment then I'll draw whats left of my pension after all the big wheels steal their two and three pensions.
Yes ,I'm bitter,I'm the first generation of teamsters that is going to get SCREWED out of my pension. DAM I FEEL BETTER NOW,thanks for letting me vent.

First, not a mod on this forum. Second, the last post was the exact information that was given to me by a person who has been laid off for over a month now at LCP and wanted the fella's to know the down low who are sitting at home too (Circle of friends) Finally, the person who wanted that up was not upset with Adam D., because he said he knew that Adam D. was just trying to stock pile some cash before he was ultimately out of a job as well... :shrug:

GOOD POST ! Many of my men do not even have a computer, Road or P&D. They look to me for info/ and a voice.

The same happens here at my EOL. The #1 SENIOR man gets 3-4 hrs OT every day. This could be another man working. But TM plays to him, and makes bids/times to suit ths guy. TM will even allow this "JOE" to punch in early , an hour, half hour, and if any of the rest of the men show up 10 minutes early, no, they can't punch in, until bid time.... sucks around here with so much unfairness. I PRAY ! they get rid of my management here.....

I'll take All "Joes"any day ! TM says...

Yup, he's a good worker, but he's not the ONLY MAN onboard this ship, and you can't run a one man band here, cuz sooner or later "Joe" will run of hours and then what? I got plenty good men here , Joe abuses the Union concept for his own personal GREED !

Hopefully..when Yellow moves in here, they will shake things up around here ! Whether my TM is still here or not... Cuz when Yellow moves in here, "JOE" will be bumped back to #3, and 2 Yellow guys will be #1 & #2.... And they will set things straight here.... I can't wait to see the bulldozers come....

:soapbox:We are being told by t/m at Paducah that there can be no reoairs to equipment unless it is a safety issue or emergency,and who decises this? the t/m who has never driven a truck one inch .Boy, I really feel re-assured knowing some one with soooo much experience driving has the call to make,deciding if I make it home alive or in a box with cotton stuffed in my gasshole. We have some mesters who did'nt get to drive a better tractor so he runs to the t/m crying big horseturd tears so now perfectly good road tractors sit against the fence while other JUNK is forced on us. But the jokes on them I made 4 hours o/t because old truck broke down. And they say this company is broke? I wonder why KC don't look at Paducah and see how pitiful it is run .Thirty years in this business and this is the worst mngmt I have ever seen. My opinion is;Yellow is about to close the doors thats why they are not worried about how things are run,who cares , if your going broke anyway don't spend money on equipment or quality management. Think about it boys and girls the writing is on the s**thouse wall. I hanging on for severance pay and unemployment then I'll draw whats left of my pension after all the big wheels steal their two and three pensions.
Yes ,I'm bitter,I'm the first generation of teamsters that is going to get SCREWED out of my pension. DAM I FEEL BETTER NOW,thanks for letting me vent.

I have kinda the same thing going on here. I got too many Road telling me they need fuel. I look out the door of the terminal and see a road man picking up a fallen branch and puttin it in the fuel tank for a measuring stick. WHAT THE HECK ? they say tractor went from Winston-Salem (671) to JAX (703) to Miami, and no fuel in between anywhere....

I can trace the EQP. HST of this tractor..they are right.... Why would a man be be stripping a branch to use as a measurin stick anyway, if it were not true....

Ridiculous.....

I personally think that the IBT has been bought. It just seems to me like the union hall does not care for anyhing other than collocting the union dues. maybe Im wrong saying that but I have heard that from several brother/sisters at our barn.

Well...with all respect Brother, you are wrong.
The Union is only as strong as its members. Many members are out there helping with organizing in their Locals.
The IBT is doing all it can to INSURE the companies will have all the avenues available to survive this business.

Should we all stand by and watch it die a slow death, or get in there and try all our best to keep it going?

No one likes lay offs...been there, done that.
Just because the Union is trying to work with the company and help squash the fears the customers have due to the economy and with this merger....they are being bought out?

They are trying to help save our collectively bargained asses Brother...Organizing will help us all in raising the standards in other divisions in the IBT, and to have another Union job to go to....it might not be freight...but it will be a Union shop.....KK

Hopefully..when Yellow moves in here, they will shake things up around here ! Whether my TM is still here or not... Cuz when Yellow moves in here, "JOE" will be bumped back to #3, and 2 Yellow guys will be #1 & #2.... And they will set things straight here.... I can't wait to see the bulldozers come....

Stan is okay, he is just one of the most negative people on here, which, in my opinion, is counter-productive sometimes. But he pointed out something that is pertinent that I didn't know. I didn't know that he isn't a mod on this forum.

In regards to "Joe", I worked with two "Joes" on a seniority list of 9 for 25 years. What you describe is deza vu for me. The best thing about this is that when we were merged into the Denver break, "Joe numero uno", who was the worst Teamster I ever knew, got his come-upance. Back at the EOL, He would come in early, like your guy, and reload his truck and also dispatch himself by picking through the loads and taking what he wanted. Of course he wasn't allowed to do this in Denver, and he was not a happy camper. He went in, with a steward, to the city ops manager and complained. The manager, who was an absolute tyrant and a-hole, asked him what his bid was. He said 7:30 heavy duty. The manager said, "that's right, now get the eff out of here and do your job". He retired shortly after that. It was the first time in 25 years that I got to enjoy some revenge. I can't even begin to tell you how much I despised that jerk. The point is, you might be getting more "Joes".

Stan is okay, he is just one of the most negative people on here, which, in my opinion, is counter-productive sometimes. But he pointed out something that is pertinent that I didn't know. I didn't know that he isn't a mod on this forum.

In regards to "Joe", I worked with two "Joes" on a seniority list of 9 for 25 years. What you describe is deza vu for me. The best thing about this is that when we were merged into the Denver break, "Joe numero uno", who was the worst Teamster I ever knew, got his come-upance. Back at the EOL, He would come in early, like your guy, and reload his truck and also dispatch himself by picking through the loads and taking what he wanted. Of course he wasn't allowed to do this in Denver, and he was not a happy camper. He went in, with a steward, to the city ops manager and complained. The manager, who was an absolute tyrant and a-hole, asked him what his bid was. He said 7:30 heavy duty. The manager said, "that's right, now get the eff out of here and do your job". He retired shortly after that. It was the first time in 25 years that I got to enjoy some revenge. I can't even begin to tell you how much I despised that jerk. The point is, you might be getting more "Joes".

Fortunately for me, I worked with Yellow guys over there before I came to RDWY. I might have stayed at Yellow,if they only gave me 40 hours, & bennies, etc, like RDWY did. The "atmosphere" at Yellow was "better", even tho the building was an old dump that looked like the best fix for it, would be a "wrecking ball" ! Just looking at it, you could tell, it must be the OLDEST building in Daytona ! (Like circa:1925) We always got along, me & the Yellow P&D, over there. And they do like a bit of OT, maybe an hour here and there, but they are not " Obsessive-compulsive " like Joe, and has to get every click closer to 14 as much as possible!

The Yellow guys won't let him get away with alot of the things he does ( Like punch in before start time--and I mean an hour before, not a few minutes or even 15 minutes ) I have hopes it will be much better to work around here, once we get them over here, especially, if we have a "10 man board" from this point on.... And my TM and OPS guy will have to "straighen up" as well !