chapter 11 rumor

Black Dot

TB Lurker
Credits
I work in the 68 barn & there is a rumor going around that N.e.m.F has file for chapter 11. Let tell you all this is a misunderstanding. It started in our parts room where one our clerks order a part from a vendor. The vendor told him he needed payment up front because he heard we were going under. The clerk happen tell women who works inO.S.D that he hear about us going chapter 11. BIG mistake because that women lives next to someone who works for another trucking company. Guess what she told him we where in trouble. So he told his fellow drivers & now every where we go we hear that we are going under.All because of one big DING BAT! Nemf is fine if we just got 10,000 $ of parts from Mack today & no problem. So if you hear that we are trouble just blow it off. Thanks

I work in the 68 barn & there is a rumor going around that N.e.m.F has file for chapter 11. Let tell you all this is a misunderstanding. It started in our parts room where one our clerks order a part from a vendor. The vendor told him he needed payment up front because he heard we were going under. The clerk happen tell women who works inO.S.D that he hear about us going chapter 11. BIG mistake because that women lives next to someone who works for another trucking company. Guess what she told him we where in trouble. So he told his fellow drivers & now every where we go we hear that we are going under.All because of one big DING BAT! Nemf is fine if we just got 10,000 $ of parts from Mack today & no problem. So if you hear that we are trouble just blow it off. Thanks

So , let me get this straight .... you are saying that the chapter 11 rumor is not true .. and it is a glorified rumor started by someone who thinks they know everything but actually does not ..

I was with the Executive VP/COO and this is the furthest thing from the truth.

Need to stop the rumor now.........NEMF is actually looking at buying properties and good used equipment.........with CASH in hand from carriers that do/did not survive.

chapter 11 thats a good one...im sure lol...at my barn everybody is going out with freight loaded to the back of a 48 ft trailer..sure were going under..dont you love people with nothing better to do than start bs rumors about a company that is still going strong..i walked the dock when i came back tonight and for the economy being what it is...a whole mess of freight for monday to go out

Just because your wagons are loaded everyday doesn't mean things are great. Ask anyone that worked for StJ or APA or CF or Preston or Nationsway or, or, or...........

Just because your wagons are loaded everyday doesn't mean things are great. Ask anyone that worked for StJ or APA or CF or Preston or Nationsway or, or, or...........

exactly :1036316054: ! that frt. has to be worth it $$$-wise to move, not just to fill up your dock & trailers. besides it would suck to see more people put outta work. i know some good guys over there.

This rumor just doesn't ring true?

The owner of NEMF pays in full for everything.
He also owns 3 other trucking companies.

I know he must be up in years maybe in his 70's by now.
But to go belly up,it just doesn't sound like something he would do?

I know this is really going to date me.
But I remember back in the day when this guy owned the largest Teamster union LTL trucking company in the industry at the time.

It was called Associated,Eastern,this company was so hugh they manufactured their own trailers.
That company was called Brown trailers.

I do know he did close the doors on Associated,Eastern,putting them out of business.
But I think it for some issues he was angry about at that time.

However he came back to own NEMF a few years later.

I really hate to see these rumors get started,as they are very negative in nature.

Sometimes they start out being false,but then become infections that can spoil good businesses.

As innocent as a rumor gets going,with more,and more people putting their own twist on the original story,they can get totally blown out to become the trigger that causes a business to fail.

I for one really wished this one didn't get its start here on the truckingboards.

With over 12,000 members who knows where this rumor is going to end up?

True,or false,its anyones guess at this point?

I hate to say it but this owner not only own's the three businesses mentioned above, his family technically owns most of the real estate these companies operate out of. There are NO loans so interest rates do not matter. He is getting up there in years but he just took operations of the companies back under his personal control and looking to expand again now that our ops are profittable in Chicagoland and Ohio. I do not think he will file any kind of bankruptcy as lomg as himself or family members are breathing.

Lololololololololololololol

How could Mike become bankrupt?

You guys work for peanuts!

The vendor wouldn't give parts - because he is to cheap/ frugal to pay his bills. This has always been the case at NEMF.

One day the Danbury CT coupe in-pounded me for a whole day. Why?

Mike wouldn't pay his outstanding fines!

Spend $1 to save a penny.

Lol, who am I to judge? He has FU money - I work 60 hours/ week!

But Bankrupt? Never

Let's put this rumor to rest. I was the one who posted chapter 11 rumor & I am sorry I did. Like I said early this a MISUNDERSTANDING on vendor part. There no trueth to this rumor. I try to stop it before it got bigger I was wrong. Please forgive me. I was reading how some drivers were trying to figure out when NEMF was going to sell or better yet close there doors.
I am 21 years with company in 1990 Mike told all at saftey meeting there will be 7 major trucking companys in th U.S and NEMF will be one of them. You may be worry who will carry on after Mike is gone? I tell you Nancy is daughter look at her resmue on NEMF.com. Remember Beher who Mike made co-chairmen he is gone due to the fact he was trying to sell us. So for those who don't have faith in this company the door is always open & don't let it you in rear on the way out. DRIVE ON BROTHERS DRIVE ON THANK YOU!

please guys ..u know how rumors are.the last thing we need now are these dang rumors...they can and will hurt any company

This is what happened at Jevic. Rumors got out of control. With the combination of high fuel costs, rumors, lack of solid upper management, etc...it spiralled down fast.

kick me if I'm butting in

hope the rumor is false. you guys keep the faith, sincerely. i can think of one or two other trucking companies that should(i mean could) go out. I'll watch out for ya guys when ya pass me.

I know this is really going to date me.
But I remember back in the day when this guy owned the largest Teamster union LTL trucking company in the industry at the time.

It was called Associated,Eastern,this company was so hugh they manufactured their own trailers.
That company was called Brown trailers.

I do know he did close the doors on Associated,Eastern,putting them out of business.

I don't remember any company called Associated Eastern. I worked for Eastern we closed in May of 77 and Associated hung on until the mid 80's or so. I googled Associated Eastern and nothing came back with both names. I am interested in who this guy is if you could give me more info I would like to read about him.

Hankstruckpictures.com gave me some answers about Associated Eastern here is the story : Associated Transport
Associated rights were sold off in portions in 1976 to Eastern Freightways, ABF, Lee Way, Roadway, Ryder, Eastern Express, and United Trucking Service.

I still see NEMF's pulling Eastern Freightways trailers from time to time. KEEP ON TRUCKING.

Nemf still owns and runs Eastern, they are NEMFs truckload carrier. They have several drivers out of rochester, ny

Doogie,

The Eastern you speak of (which is the T/L carrier for the Shevell Group) is different than the Eastern they are speaking of.......thus, "still" does not apply.

And I need to comment on the comments of Jevic: Rumors were not a reason for their demise........look at the pricing........but that is for another time and forum.