Yellow | CHARLOTTE 653

prochauffer

TB Lurker
Credits
BIG POW WOW@653 MONDAY 2/9 WITH THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA TROOPERS TO KICK OFF NEW PURCHASE LEASE OF TRUCKS.CSA SCORE IS BIG TOPIC AND SAFTY IS ONGOING SUBJECT TO BE REVIEWED.YRC IS HIREING MILITARY( HEROES)TO WORK DOCK,CITY,ROAD.IT WAS SAID THERE WERE DOCTORS,LAWYERS AND INDIAN CHIEFS TO INSPECT THE NEW MANITORY UNIFORMS TO BE ISSUED SOON.........DARK BLUE PANTS....LIGHT BLUE SHIRTS....WITH YRC AND TEAMSTER LOGO.....WHAT DOES THIS REMIND YOU OF?

BIG POW WOW@653 MONDAY 2/9 WITH THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA TROOPERS TO KICK OFF NEW PURCHASE LEASE OF TRUCKS.CSA SCORE IS BIG TOPIC AND SAFTY IS ONGOING SUBJECT TO BE REVIEWED.YRC IS HIREING MILITARY( HEROES)TO WORK DOCK,CITY,ROAD.IT WAS SAID THERE WERE DOCTORS,LAWYERS AND INDIAN CHIEFS TO INSPECT THE NEW MANITORY UNIFORMS TO BE ISSUED SOON.........DARK BLUE PANTS....LIGHT BLUE SHIRTS....WITH YRC AND TEAMSTER LOGO.....WHAT DOES THIS REMIND YOU OF?
Could this be shades of this? Yellow Transportation drivers loved these...

Z4kPJr9.jpg

:biglaugh:

Dark Blue pants & light blue shirts were Holland uniform colors way way back for the short time we had uniforms ?? and Holland is getting more yrc freight given to them ?? what's the big pic here ??? now there is your big pic rumor for the day !!!! lol

We will all look like Conway drivers!!! Maybe Conway bought YRC ?????

Follow the contract when it comes to uniforms...

NMFA Article 12. Uniforms
employees are under no obligation to wear the uniforms. The
Union’s approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. The
Employer agrees that if any employee is required to wear any kind
of uniform as a condition of his/her continued employment, such
uniform shall be furnished and maintained by the Employer, free of
charge, at the standard required by the Employer. Said uniforms
shall be made in the United States by union vendors, if possible, and
will have the Teamster emblem appropriately applied.
The Employer shall replace all clothing, glasses, hearing aids and/or
dentures not covered by company insurance or worker’s compensa-
tion which are destroyed or damaged in a wreck or fire with com-
pany equipment.
The Employer has the right to establish and maintain reasonable
standards for wearing apparel and personal grooming.
The following provisions shall govern the wearing of shorts, unless
the Employer and Local Union has a prior existing practice:
During the period May 1, through September 30, employees shall
be allowed to wear appropriate shorts, subject to the guidelines set
forth herein. Appropriate shorts shall be defined as walking or
Bermuda style shorts with at least two (2) pockets and belt loops
and which cannot be shorter than two (2) inches above the knee,
properly hemmed at the bottom and of a conservative basic solid
color, (black, blue, brown or green). Socks and appropriate foot
wear must be worn at all times.
Short shorts, cut offs, unhemmed, athletic, gym, biking, spandex
and calf length shorts shall not be allowed.

:shift:

Follow the contract when it comes to uniforms...

NMFA Article 12. Uniforms
employees are under no obligation to wear the uniforms. The
Union’s approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. The
Employer agrees that if any employee is required to wear any kind
of uniform as a condition of his/her continued employment, such
uniform shall be furnished and maintained by the Employer, free of
charge, at the standard required by the Employer. Said uniforms
shall be made in the United States by union vendors, if possible, and
will have the Teamster emblem appropriately applied.
The Employer shall replace all clothing, glasses, hearing aids and/or
dentures not covered by company insurance or worker’s compensa-
tion which are destroyed or damaged in a wreck or fire with com-
pany equipment.
The Employer has the right to establish and maintain reasonable
standards for wearing apparel and personal grooming.
The following provisions shall govern the wearing of shorts, unless
the Employer and Local Union has a prior existing practice:
During the period May 1, through September 30, employees shall
be allowed to wear appropriate shorts, subject to the guidelines set
forth herein. Appropriate shorts shall be defined as walking or
Bermuda style shorts with at least two (2) pockets and belt loops
and which cannot be shorter than two (2) inches above the knee,
properly hemmed at the bottom and of a conservative basic solid
color, (black, blue, brown or green). Socks and appropriate foot
wear must be worn at all times.
Short shorts, cut offs, unhemmed, athletic, gym, biking, spandex
and calf length shorts shall not be allowed.

:shift:

Teamsters in Spandex? I just lost my supper.

I absolutely hate wearing uniforms. Refused to wear those yellow uniforms, didnt have air conditioning and they were like walking around wrapped in a blanket!!! The dude does not abide!!! Thanks for ruining my day!!

I rather "enjoyed" when I was told I had to wear the Yellow blanket. The guy who came to our terminal to measure us did so by sight: "You look like a 5XL to me"

When I got my shirts, they were so big, the bottom of the sleeves hung so low that when I was turning, the hem would hang the shifter and, in my opinion, cause a safety concern.

I stopped wearing my shirts, and was sent home more than once. The grievance committee found in my favor to the tune of about $8500 in lost wages and "overtime opportunities".

I was never a fan of uniforms until then, but I became a fan of them after 1 trip to the bank.

No I don't like uniforms but it is about image and professionalism.I see guys going to customers in attire I wouldn't ride on the back of a garbage truck with.It seems all of our successful competition has uniforms...UPS, FEDEX, CONWAY, OLD DOMINION, SAIA, RLR, ESTES, AAA Cooper, Averitt, Southeastern, ect. ect.ect. I guess there is a reason for it even though I like wearing my own clothes.I don't think I have ever saw an ABF driver without an ABF shirt on but I could be mistaken.

I rather "enjoyed" when I was told I had to wear the Yellow blanket. The guy who came to our terminal to measure us did so by sight: "You look like a 5XL to me"

When I got my shirts, they were so big, the bottom of the sleeves hung so low that when I was turning, the hem would hang the shifter and, in my opinion, cause a safety concern.

I stopped wearing my shirts, and was sent home more than once. The grievance committee found in my favor to the tune of about $8500 in lost wages and "overtime opportunities".

I was never a fan of uniforms until then, but I became a fan of them after 1 trip to the bank.

If he said you look like a 5xl you must be a helluva man! I bet he was real nice to you though.

No I don't like uniforms but it is about image and professionalism.I see guys going to customers in attire I wouldn't ride on the back of a garbage truck with.It seems all of our successful competition has uniforms...UPS, FEDEX, CONWAY, OLD DOMINION, SAIA, RLR, ESTES, AAA Cooper, Averitt, Southeastern, ect. ect.ect. I guess there is a reason for it even though I like wearing my own clothes.I don't think I have ever saw an ABF driver without an ABF shirt on but I could be mistaken.

I've heard that women are more attracted to guys in uniform. Maybe if we started wearing uniforms and we got more flirtatious looks from women some of us might not go through life with so much bitterness. Just a thought.

7PfIQ9W.jpg

Even our interline drivers wear uniforms !!!!!