Yellow | Checkmate ABF!

Excuse me while I get back on topic:

Nobody has mentioned that ABF raised the pay of the casuals with the blessing of the IBT without a vote or waiting on a contract neogiation.

So, IF YRC would find it prudent to raise the casual pay (no brain-er) or the whole rank and file, the IBT will be receptive to the idea!

YRC, it is your move! Quit your moaning and groaning about no workers and, once just once, do something about it!

Excuse me while I get back on topic:m

Nobody has mentioned that ABF raised the pay of the casuals with the blessing of the IBT without a vote or waiting on a contract neogiation.

So, IF YRC would find it prudent to raise the casual pay (no brain-er) or the whole rank and file, the IBT will be receptive to the idea!

YRC, it is your move! Quit your moaning and groaning about no workers and, once just once, do something about it!

There has never been a restriction on wages greater than those in the contract.

There has never been a restriction on wages greater than those in the contract.

That's very true. The only catch is that the additional pay doesn't have to be in US dollars. It can be in Russian Rubles, Mexican Pesos, European Euros or whatever type funds they have laying around.

What I was getting at is that pay scales (Union AND non-union) are going up. For YRCF to be competitive in the labor market, they must pay what the market is paying. Again, YRC is not competitive in pay.

Now let's see if they "get the big picture" and re-evaluate the wage package. Nobody to fault but themselves. Time for YRC to correct it.

After speaking to some on the docks at BOTH companies, they are leaving YRC and going over to the ABF docks because of the raises for the Casuals....ABF made the move....Checkmate......If YRC wants quality and experience from dock casuals, they too will have to bump up the pay.....you get what you pay for....Can't blame them for following the money...KK
They also receive full pension contributions, sounds like a no brainer to me