Yellow | Chicago 705 revote

hemorrhoid

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard about 705 going to have another revote sometime before the end of the month if so how about 710????

Has anyone heard about 705 going to have another revote sometime before the end of the month if so how about 710????

IBT Tells YRC Members that the Plan Is Working | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

January 8, 2010: The International Union held a YRC members conference call yesterday to congratulate themselves and to thank members for their sacrifices to keep YRC rolling. IBT Freight Director Tyson Johnson also stated that he expects Chicago Teamsters to take a 5% pay cut by February 1.

The rumor in Chicago is that another vote is coming soon. It will be the third vote on the same concessions for Local 705 and the fourth for Local 710 members.

I don't think there will be a vote. I think the IBT will just take it. They are part of the NMFA now. All of those NO votes in Chicago won't out number the YES votes from everywhere else.

Lets make a deal , Tim Wicks gives up the eight hundred thousand $ and applys it to the 705 penison maybe the vote [no promises] the vote might be closer. What doya think?

705 ballots have been sent out and should have been received already. YRC is not asking for the 5% wage reduction from 705 members. This vote is to address the pension issue and only the pension. Votes will be counted on January 30th, at 9:00 a.m.

To all teamsters in Chicago
It is time for you knuckleheads to get with the comprehensive recovery plan and vote YES this time so my BONUS gets paid in full
Daddy promised me another 400k if Chicago comes on board..
Sincerely your boss
Tim W

Gee, if YRC can shell out $800,000 to a one person in upper management. They still afford to pay out the pension for the 705 city/shuttle drivers.

Gee, if YRC can shell out $800,000 to a one person in upper management. They still afford to pay out the pension for the 705 city/shuttle drivers.

People are still defending the stubborn, "no" voting fools of 705. Got to love Teamsters who think that they are so much better than the rest of the membership that they don't have to give back--moochers!

Upper management is always going to have a better deal than the rest of us too. So quit whining! :hissyfit:

People are still defending the stubborn, "no" voting fools of 705. Got to love Teamsters who think that they are so much better than the rest of the membership that they don't have to give back--moochers!

Upper management is always going to have a better deal than the rest of us too. So quit whining! :hissyfit:

So then quit whining about the 705 members. YRC needs Chicago more than Chicago needs them. How many times do they have to revote on an issue? Sorry if that info doesn't compute inside the mind. Try some 5th wheel grease, the info may slide in better. YRC has the money and Chicago proved it. Wait, what was that bluff that YRC will shut down on the last time the vote was No on the very next day? They did close 309 down the very next day after the votes, but it was beause of the weather. I thought YRC was going to shut down completely if they did that? Hmmm, wow YRC is still here. Now how can that happen, and now they requesting for another vote? Did I or anyone else misunderstood something here? Don't worry, I'm sure YRC still has the numbers of all the chickens that already voted Yes.

I think Chicago voted the way they felt was best. I don't hear much from the ones that lost their jobs so far, complaining they were given a rotten deal, anymore than those from the rest of the country. Sounds to me like they are more than willing to accept the consequences of their decision. Why harass them for it? They are entitled to make that decision.

So then quit whining about the 705 members. YRC needs Chicago more than Chicago needs them. How many times do they have to revote on an issue? Sorry if that info doesn't compute inside the mind. Try some 5th wheel grease, the info may slide in better. YRC has the money and Chicago proved it. Wait, what was that bluff that YRC will shut down on the last time the vote was No on the very next day? They did close 309 down the very next day after the votes, but it was beause of the weather. I thought YRC was going to shut down completely if they did that? Hmmm, wow YRC is still here. Now how can that happen, and now they requesting for another vote? Did I or anyone else misunderstood something here? Don't worry, I'm sure YRC still has the numbers of all the chickens that already voted Yes.

Of course, YRCW has the money for the 705 pension contribution, and no doubt they were bluffing that they would "shut it down" with a no vote. The money came from the pension contributions that are being withheld from the rest of us. If some more locals had voted no, then you guys wouldn't be in the position to act all high and mighty because then there really wouldn't be enough money for your pensions!

Mooching 101!

Thats is not really true. The money we voted to give up is going toward general operations. I've said it before;

Don't blame the players, blame the game.