Yellow | Chicago Heights

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79086.msg820348#msg820348 date=1270777864]
How are you defining recall? Returning or canceling? Has anything been posted? If not, call your BA.
[/qu

I was told letters of recall had been sent out to laid off city drivers not sure how many letters sent out but know of one guy with 15 years that got his last week.

With Road drivers leaving Montgomery, Wheeling, and Boilingbrook, somebody has to move that freight to the rail or the heights. 705s BA was in the breakroom this morning looking to talk to the drivers.

[quote author=pilot108 link=topic=79086.msg820502#msg820502 date=1270843273]
I hope they do call back city guys, I always said they should be doing the rails,NOT road drivers :duel:
[/quote]Don't worry pilot108, there will always be more then four city/shuttle drivers waiting patiently at the GAX/M04 to take trailers to the rail yard. No need to go to two different rail-yards anymore, after dropping out the third pup on the pad.

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=79086.msg820497#msg820497 date=1270841588]
With Road drivers leaving Montgomery, Wheeling, and Boilingbrook, somebody has to move that freight to the rail or the heights. 705s BA was in the breakroom this morning looking to talk to the drivers.
[/quote]

I didn't see anywhere in the COO that has Bolingbrook loosing anything. INFACT- look at the YRCW site and you will see Bolingbrook is HIRING!! - all called back -and HIRING !!
I also read that 309 is losing 14 Local cartage,but gaining 3 road. That will get eaten up with Wheelings -8 and Montgomery's -6

Last I heard they were still cutting bids at 309 even though they can't handle all the work seems to me they should be handing out warning letters to all the top management guys for blowing so much business.

Boilingbrook is doing well because when they closed Chicago Ridge they got that area with no one transfering in. Instead they let 9 road drivers go to Montgomery who are now told they can come back to Chicago Heights. No straight anwser's allowed.

Thats typical, it sounds like the "God Father." Just when every thought they were free from the Heights/309. They pulled everyone back in. :biglaugh:

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=79086.msg820634#msg820634 date=1270888441]
Boilingbrook is doing well because when they closed Chicago Ridge they got that area with no one transfering in. Instead they let 9 road drivers go to Montgomery who are now told they can come back to Chicago Heights. No straight anwser's allowed.
[/quote]
Before they got the CGB area, Bolingbrook took about 30% of Montgomery's area(Mar.09). They transfered 23(?) local guys over with that COO. Then hacked,slashed and cut Montgomery to the bone. Why are the Roadway terminals surviving and the Yellow terminals closing or about to?

I would stop worrying about what was Yellow or Roadway and notice that YRC is coming at us Teamsters every way they can.

[quote author=Rv833 link=topic=79086.msg820798#msg820798 date=1270935520]
[quote author=spiracer link=topic=79086.msg820634#msg820634 date=1270888441]
[/quote]
Before they got the CGB area, Bolingbrook took about 30% of Montgomery's area(Mar.09). They transfered 23(?) local guys over with that COO. Then hacked,slashed and cut Montgomery to the bone. Why are the Roadway terminals surviving and the Yellow terminals closing or about to?
[/quote]
seems in the east its just the oppisite.every where i can think of they have left the owned roadway terminals sitting empty will moving all of us to the leased dumps that used to be yellow terminlas.

hmmmm .makes perfect sense....lets sit whats payed off and pay for whats not owned.wonder why we cant turn a profit

I can do one better, theyve left 251 open and made it an end of the line terminal, 212 door terminal with a major garage for an end of the line facility, and are either trying to sell or sold the yellow terminal Im guessing it was right around 30 to 40 doors which wouldve been better suited for the operation they are currently using..

Yellow was determend to make Coldwater work and now YRC is. Toledo is a better terminal but can every Michigan terminal turn 251 over 274.