Yellow | Chicago Heights

[quote author=justwondering link=topic=79086.msg820812#msg820812 date=1270940587]
I can do one better, theyve left 251 open and made it an end of the line terminal, 212 door terminal with a major garage for an end of the line facility, and are either trying to sell or sold the yellow terminal Im guessing it was right around 30 to 40 doors which wouldve been better suited for the operation they are currently using..
[/quote]I wish they still had 301/CGB. 309 looks more like a state correctional facility, than a terminal. Plus, there was a lot more places to eat at.

Closing Chicago Ridge was wrong. When Chicago is profitable YRC makes a profit. With Roadway, over 40% of there freight went thru Chicago and they always made a profit. SAME THING WITH YELLOW!!! With YRC avoiding the triples lanes on I 80 they are only driving up the cost of moving freight.

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=79086.msg820793#msg820793 date=1270933718]
Union Steward, Mike Hi....., He said 4 do want to come back, 2 maybes, but does not know why they want to come back.
[/quote]Mike H? Oh thats Bart Simpson. Don't believe everything you hear, unless it has been written down. He does a pretty good job at being a union steward, though.

when they were bidding to go to montgomery i was told that there were 'nt any retreat rights because you were going to local179 jurisdiction, now the game changes again! :nono:

Bolingbrook is 179 and Montgomery is 673. As for retreat rights, I heard the same.
I am more familiar with the local side than the road although.

Im not sure if they can turn every Michigan point out of 251, I know they used to be able to turn a majority of them, but with all of these COO, closing and consolidations of these smaller terminal, Im thinking eventually turning a district bid wont be an issue... If Im not mistaken I think the only one they cant turn now is Alpena, and Marquette (and thats if thats even still open)...

I was told that 309 is about to call 8 city drivers back this coming week . I sure hope so, maybe they realize you need man power to get the job done :banana:

[quote author=bud starkey link=topic=79086.msg821090#msg821090 date=1271033043]
I was told that 309 is about to call 8 city drivers back this coming week . I sure hope so, maybe they realize you need man power to get the job done :banana:
[/quote]Either one will do. Man power or Roadbots.

Any truth that CC X bought 103rd. and Harlem for a break ? This was to be said by Roadway management at 309 . Something about Bridgeview needing the CCX property for village reasons .

I haven't heard that one . I had heard that UPS Freight had got the old road barn (South of 103rd) and a Target or Menards was suppose to take the city terminal(North of 103rd)

Last I heard and that was about 6 months ago UPS Freight backed out of the deal for what ever reason . God only knows . One time the South Town paper said that Chicago Ridge was glad they're gone and that the village had hopes of having a out let mall like Gurnee mills move in and convert the big house in to stores . One has to wonder what moron in management would move such a good terminal like Yellow 300 out to such a shi- hole like 309 . Its just a little scary to think that idiots like that are running the day to day operations . Probly their management guys live in Indiana , close to home for them . :shift:

Can't speak with any authority but I would think 309 is not worth much, in the middle of a bunch of trucking companies. The Ridge was in a more desirable location and worth more ?? If you need cash now.....not much of a choice on what goes on the auction block. :popcorn:

That is what i heard, 103rd is worth more. The other one was that the sale fell through because of the under ground fuel tanks were leaking. They put in above grounnd tanks but never removed the in ground tanks.
Can you say superfund! :popcorn:

Heres a new one for line haul drivers,you are now expected to RESET YOUR HOURS after you get your 34 or 56 hrs off.I just got a call for slc team and they said I have to reset.So anyone who thinks that they are following any rules but their own are mistaken.

if you have at least 19 hrs you should be asking for a work history because you more than likely have a runaround claim. :rant:

I can't figure out on how to start a new post /thread. I had no problem before but they changed thing around on T/B .Its a lot easier to log on etc . But what to do to start new topic ?