Yellow | Chicago Heights

[quote author=albag link=topic=79086.msg824179#msg824179 date=1272076879]
YRCW needs to eliminate the two BIGGEST CHUNKS in the septic tank $Bill & his trained baboon Mike S.then maybe the Roadway managers could get us back on track to profitability!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
[/quote]Ever since the ******* management took over YRC, experience reflects on how they communicate with their employees as well on how they treat their customers. The problem at YRC/309 they got rid of all their experienced people who treated others with respect as a professional, and the lack of freight proves it to be a fact. YRC could save some money and everyone else some headaches and get rid of the night foreman. Isn't 30 years of treating people like ::shit::, enough time put in to retire? There albag, now YRC would get some profitability back in the line-up. :thumbsup: :biglaugh:

I would love to have a conversation with all of you ex Yellow drivers with Pat Flynn. We will talk about who fired the most people for minor reasons, who had the best runs, who treated who the worse. Case after Case will prove my point, do you want to talk about the spy cameras in Omaha on the team trucks, the drivers who transfered out to a job that was not there. We can go on and on. Roadway Management maybe snarky, but they are not evil like Yellows with your pay cuts, no pension, and work rules shot to HELL!!!

Uhhhhh, don't even compare Yellow to Roadway. Comparing Yellow to Roadway is like comparing ice cream to horse ::shit::.

Most of those former ******* drivers were like Con-way drivers with union-cards.

Put it this way, if Con-way did go union, we would all know how they would turn out.

Oh great, I know I will take some heat on that comment.

Here let me repair the damage on this reply.

I will admit that a lot of those former *******/YRC drivers have finally woke up, and they turned out to be some nice people. It only took a year of trying to communicate with one another, but it is better late than never.

alot of roadways office workers were let go befor the merger took place, its funny how theres all this flack about roadway being the problem in this merger when yrc doesnt run in any way like roadway did. i enjoyed working at roadway until zollars screwed things up, i know yellows computer system was better ill take your word on it but yellow couldnt afford to keep running there system, hopefully yrc will get there stuff together befor they run out of former roadway property to sell, with most of yellows terminals leased how could yellow have lasted thru this turndown?????? bottom line yellows dead roadways dead and yrc runs nothing like either company

Zollars maybe a problem, but who sold Roadway to Zollars in the first place? That is the person that all the former Roadway employees should be mad at.

It was easy working at Yellow Freight. There were three important rules.

1. Show up for work.

2. Follow the work rules, communicate, respect senoirity, help others.

3. Get the **** out of the way, and who's buying the beer?

Former *******/YRC drivers always had problems with rule number #2 and #3. Buying drinks for dispatch isn't cool.

we had set bids, so you could buy all the drinks you wanted but it wouldnt get you anywhere. you keep mentioning these drinks but whos buying these drinks???????????? ive never seen this happen, the longer you were there the better your bid all this undercutting your fellow driver nonsense didnt start until the merger. i dont have an issue with roadway or yellows management its YRC management that i have a problem with. believe me i wish roadway would have never threw us under the bus by selling out to yellow its been down hill ever since, roadway and yellow dont run like yrc does, so how can you claim otherwise,

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79086.msg825174#msg825174 date=1272400969]
Zollars maybe a problem, but who sold Roadway to Zollars in the first place? That is the person that all the former Roadway employees should be mad at.

1. Show up for work.

Former *******/YRC drivers always had problems with rule number #2 and #3. Buying drinks for dispatch isn't cool.
[/quote] How about drink with Hemlock?

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79086.msg825189#msg825189 date=1272405093]
we had set bids, so you could buy all the drinks you wanted but it wouldnt get you anywhere. you keep mentioning these drinks but whos buying these drinks???????????? ive never seen this happen, the longer you were there the better your bid all this undercutting your fellow driver nonsense didnt start until the merger. i dont have an issue with roadway or yellows management its YRC management that i have a problem with. believe me i wish roadway would have never threw us under the bus by selling out to yellow its been down hill ever since, roadway and yellow dont run like yrc does, so how can you claim otherwise,
[/quote]YRC's surviving management out of 309 is Roadway. Talking to them is like talking to a wall. They see your lips move, but they don't hear anything. I saw drivers buying drinks for dispatch all the time on the night shifts. One of the driver's told me it was the best way for everyone to avoid the night driver forman at 309.

Of course, anytime I had to go in the driver foreman's office on the night shift at 309, I always had a short meeting for some reason. Before I would go in there, I would purposely eat some chocolate, pretzels, and drink some Mountain Dew, wait 10 ten minutes and then I would go in there and let them rip. :fart:

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=79086.msg825199#msg825199 date=1272409193]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79086.msg825174#msg825174 date=1272400969]

1. Show up for work.

[/quote] How about drink with Hemlock?
[/quote]The Jr. seniority always bought the rounds. Since *******/YRC never went according to seniority or ever established an Inbound /Outbound sheet. Their the ones who are suppose to be buying the rounds. Until they properly go according to the work rules that are in place. Well they already voted Yes to it, so I don't see a problem.

Im sure you had it good at yellow but from my point of view most of the things your upset about didnt start until YELLOW took over. i hear this roadway bashing and its just nonsense, yrc runs nothing like roadway

[quote Since *******/YRC never went according to seniority or ever established an Inbound /Outbound sheet. Their the ones who are suppose to be buying the rounds. Until they properly go according to the work rules that are in place. Well they already voted Yes to it, so I don't see a problem.
[/quote

are you for real where do you get this no inbound /outbound sheet not signing in nonsense, i respect your views but please dont spread lies, it doesnt do any one any good, as for seniority everything was based on it so what are you talking about, is there any one here who has ever seen this buying of drinks for management. i doubt this ever happened. is there any former roadway drivers who remember ever not having to sign in and out???????

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79086.msg825664#msg825664 date=1272576705]
Im sure you had it good at yellow but from my point of view most of the things your upset about didnt start until YELLOW took over. i hear this roadway bashing and its just nonsense, yrc runs nothing like roadway
[/quote]Sure they do. They know how to take care of their own people. Lie, deny, and harass is what their good at.

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79086.msg825694#msg825694 date=1272584943]
i highly doubt yrc has any loyalty to anybody in either company, or to any one any where
[/quote]
:thumbsup: Amen to that!

[quote author=albag link=topic=79086.msg825728#msg825728 date=1272591072]
i highly doubt yrc has any loyalty to anybody in either company, or to any one any where
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ohhhhhh, Nooooooo! Nevermind. Help! Help! I am being surrounded by "Roadbots"!!!!!!

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79086.msg825729#msg825729 date=1272591362]
[/quote]
[/quote]e

Ohhhhhh, Nooooooo! Nevermind. Help! Help! I am being surrounded by "Roadbots"!!!!!!
[/quote]
Don't you have some homework to do? You should be studying so you can show YRC management how to make money moving freight. :chairshot:

[quote author=albag link=topic=79086.msg825734#msg825734 date=1272592287]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79086.msg825729#msg825729 date=1272591362]
[/quote]
[/quote]e

[/quote]Don't you have some homework to do? You should be studying so you can show YRC management how to make money moving freight. :chairshot:
[/quote]:biglaugh: Thats why I have the environmentalist group doing it. It is part of their initiation for working those future union "GREEN" jobs. People would be amazed what these students would do just to get a LOCAL 710 T-shirt. :biglaugh:

i wont deny i liked rdway and i wish that i could feel the same about yrc but there no comparison yrc is not rdway yrc doesnt run like rdway did, why is this so hard to understand if you saw more yellow terminations its because alot of roadways people were let go befor the merger, i thought i could retire from roadway but with yrc ill be lucky if i ever get called back to work, yrc needs new leadership the only thing we as a union company have to offer is our service and if we cant get there on time someone else will. pasta you say some good things but when you get on these propaganda rants and false practices by either company it doesnt help anyone