Yellow | Chicago Heights

ChiTownSP

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone give me the 411 on the YRC terminal in Chicago Heights? I'm scheduled for a second interview and forklift test on Thursday, but wanted to know how the place is running.

Rumor for the last couple of years is that terminal will be moving to Chicago Ridge. Been a couple of dead lines came and went in that time. Sorry thats all the info I can relay. :shrug:

Can anyone give me the 411 on the YRC terminal in Chicago Heights? I'm scheduled for a second interview and forklift test on Thursday, but wanted to know how the place is running.

Wear your seatbelt if they have you drive a forklift, and make sure you do not drive it off the dock. And stay away from door 98 if you can. The roof leaks there, and the dock maybe wet or slippery.

I was at the terminal earlier today. I had to fill out a few forms and then do a skills assessment type test on the fork lift. Apparently I passed because the operation manager gave me the forms to go for a **** test. Can't recall the gentleman's name, although he seemed to like his chew :p

309 is a real crap hole.Goes to figure it used to be a Roadway Terminal.The restroom facility should condemned.Because it is way to small for the amount of people that work in around that dock near the drivers dispatch. the yard is unsafe .Not well lit.Some of the garbage receptacles are placed in the wrong places with no lighting.The terminal is located in a real crapola neighborhood.The only bright spot I saw when I visited.Was the fine looking blonde that worked at the check in station coming into the yard. the one blonde with the tramp stamp on her arse.Other than that.Nothing to cool about 309.

309 is a real crap hole.Goes to figure it used to be a Roadway Terminal.The restroom facility should condemned.Because it is way to small for the amount of people that work in around that dock near the drivers dispatch. the yard is unsafe .Not well lit.Some of the garbage receptacles are placed in the wrong places with no lighting.The terminal is located in a real crapola neighborhood.The only bright spot I saw when I visited.Was the fine looking blonde that worked at the check in station coming into the yard. the one blonde with the tramp stamp on her arse.Other than that.Nothing to cool about 309.

I heard today that they may remove the new roof from the ridge, move it to 309, along with the Sox, and bring in 200 porta-potties to be placed on the north fence. Also heard the Atlantis club on Rt. 30 wants to lease the upstairs of the old relay building. Not sure what that's all about?

Ridge Sox are 40 and 59 and in last place in the AL Central Division. Yesterday they ran off Justin Verlander and beat the first place Detroit Tigers. Ya gotta start somewhere.

Tramp Stamp.......The new things i learn on Trucking Boards.....Just one of the many reasons i keep coming back here :biglaugh:

So you must of been looking down and she was?

Ridge Sox are 40 and 59 and in last place in the AL Central Division. Yesterday they ran off Justin Verlander and beat the first place Detroit Tigers. Ya gotta start somewhere.

They may be down right now, but I overheard some top execs talking in the concession area last week when they took 2 of 3 from the sweet onions, that they will surprise the whole league come August and September. Bet they will lower the price on popcorn too.

The condition of the buildings is the direct result of the Yellow's disregard for cleanliness. I've NEVER been to a Yellow heritage facility that wasn't a filthy, run down dump. Prior to the acquisition, 309 was NEVER the pig sty it has become.
If you follow the inbound yard flow the trash is where it should be, too bad few are respectful enough of their fellow drivers to use them.
And as far as location, at least you can get in and out of there without spending an hour on an off ramp!