Yellow | Chicago "NO" voters just . . . don't . . . get it!

Box Lover

TB Lurker
Credits
I realize you guys have the right to vote how you want, but most of you have trouble seeing the big picture.

See, you keep trying to send a message to YRCW and the Teamster leadership that you are tired of the screwing that you are getting. But . . . if you add the screwing that you are getting from YRCW to the screwing that you are getting from the Teamsters, it wouldn't even equal half the screwing you are getting from THE RECESSION!

You can't send any message to the recession!

The best you and this company can do is try to ride it out, and that is what all of these concessions are designed to do--ride the recession out so we can fight another day.

In addition, all of you guys who want the YRCW leadership to take cuts need to realize your lot in life. You chose to take a job where you are told what to do constantly. You don't even have the authority to boss around a brand new supervisor, so how are you going to tell some guys who are well above that what to do? If you didn't want to be a peon you should have gotten a business degree and worked your way up into senior management.

It's not that Chicago don't get it. It's that they don't care

It's a culture war

A strong union culture in Chicago since the Capone days

We're all teamsters but not united

It's the break away teamsters who broke away from the union

so called radical-dissenters and the non-union impostors who are cheering them on

who would prefer a che gueva death
:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

A funny thing happened in Chicago

While attending the meetings in Chicago this week i and alot of the other attendees witnessed something interesting. While pre-screening grievances it was noted on the record that Local 705 was not represented as no one bothered to show up for the JAC meetings. *******!

For days,weeks,and months i have heard the 705 and 710 BS about how they were sticking together, sending a message, that they had the real balls. REALLY?

Too bad the 705-710 contingent didn't have the mindset and the ability to look beyond their own nose and wallet.

They will go down in the history books as the worst example of brotherhood and the ****-poorest in big picture unity.

Maybe they do realize and know YRCW won't survive no matter what they do because the give backs never saved a trucking company in the past. Plus most of them are likely to have enough years in the union to have a pension coming even if it gets creamed they will get something and they are just tired of sitting on death row while taking daily beatings in a industry going down hill year after year.

If most of them are long time union guys why should they worry about sticking together with a bunch of newbie oppertunists who would have never taken another company union if they all worked someplace else ? The newer drivers are only union because the oppertunity was handed to them, todays drivers are generally anti union and haven't tried to organise any companies on their own.

Most of the newer hires have probably long ago lost their jobs so it's likely only long time veterans voting who are so discusted with the industry speeding up the end and than watching the anti union gang kill each other is the only satisfaction they can get now.

Spending almost 30 years watching a job go to hell has worn them down and most of them long ago figured out their days where numbered so paid down debt and didn't live high on the hog knowing it was just a matter of time before they joined trans-con, preston, PIE and the rest of them, many of them probably have road dying horses to the end already only to sign onto another union company to go for another hopeless ride to the graveyard.

You just don't get it(you know what I mean), living at home in your Mom's basement and all.

I realize you guys have the right to vote how you want, but most of you have trouble seeing the big picture.

See, you keep trying to send a message to YRCW and the Teamster leadership that you are tired of the screwing that you are getting. But . . . if you add the screwing that you are getting from YRCW to the screwing that you are getting from the Teamsters, it wouldn't even equal half the screwing you are getting from THE RECESSION!

You can't send any message to the recession!

The best you and this company can do is try to ride it out, and that is what all of these concessions are designed to do--ride the recession out so we can fight another day.

In addition, all of you guys who want the YRCW leadership to take cuts need to realize your lot in life. You chose to take a job where you are told what to do constantly. You don't even have the authority to boss around a brand new supervisor, so how are you going to tell some guys who are well above that what to do? If you didn't want to be a peon you should have gotten a business degree and worked your way up into senior management.

If the recession is to blame for everything going wrong with YRC, why are we locked in our pay cuts until the end of the contract in 2013?

Maybe everything will be better by mid-2011, and the company (if it's still around), could return to multi-million dollar profits, and we'll still be making chump change.

The only thing the guys in Chicago didn't get is a throat enlargement and their gag reflex removed.

1zqtq91.gif
1zqtq91.gif

1zqtq91.gif
Proof you are no Teamster.

Speaking the truth, even if it's something you don't want to hear, means you can't be a Teamster???

Sounds like a sorry way of thinking!
Right on cue Trip, right there to defend your moronagement buddy Boxxy.

Maybe they do realize and know YRCW won't survive no matter what they do because the give backs never saved a trucking company in the past. Plus most of them are likely to have enough years in the union to have a pension coming even if it gets creamed they will get something and they are just tired of sitting on death row while taking daily beatings in a industry going down hill year after year.

If most of them are long time union guys why should they worry about sticking together with a bunch of newbie oppertunists who would have never taken another company union if they all worked someplace else ? The newer drivers are only union because the oppertunity was handed to them, todays drivers are generally anti union and haven't tried to organise any companies on their own.

Most of the newer hires have probably long ago lost their jobs so it's likely only long time veterans voting who are so discusted with the industry speeding up the end and than watching the anti union gang kill each other is the only satisfaction they can get now.

Spending almost 30 years watching a job go to hell has worn them down and most of them long ago figured out their days where numbered so paid down debt and didn't live high on the hog knowing it was just a matter of time before they joined trans-con, preston, PIE and the rest of them, many of them probably have road dying horses to the end already only to sign onto another union company to go for another hopeless ride to the graveyard.
this post is right on! 40 years in da I. B. T. 3 TIME LOOSER AND LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE IS ABOUT TO BITE THE DUST!

Speaking the truth, even if it's something you don't want to hear, means you can't be a Teamster???

Sounds like a sorry way of thinking!
Right on cue Trip, right there to defend your moronagement buddy Boxxy.

I challenged the content of your post - you denigrate the poster. What's the matter - not enough grey matter in your head to refute what I said?? I thought you said earlier (12/09 to be exact) that you were a college graduate. Reading your posts it sounds more like you dropped out of grammar school! :nutkick:

I think that is the best strategy now, sorry to say. This cannot be a joke or a company ploy. Our stocks, which were once over $40. a share, are back down under a lousy dollar. That's a fact and just can't be a trick. Our daily bill count is down 50%..............50% FFS :O The non-unions are going for our throats and risking all to try and kill us off. If we survive the recession we win. Then it's time to start winning back what we have lost. I think Chicago is wrong, I believe YRC's situation is really that dire, that they simply cannot pay the going rate, at least not right now. Just yesterday I picked up a large shipment going cross-country. The rate was at 80% discount. 10 skids for $800., not even enough to cover the road driver's pay and the skids were too tall for top-loading. Before deregulation there was no such thing as a discount. And we no longer have large numbers of very small, very profitable shipments like the old days. UPS and Fed-Ex have upped their weight limits to take all of that business.

This problem dates back to deregulation in the 80's. At that time it was obvious that the union needed to double down and put everything on the line to organize the inevitable new players in the industry. They either did not do that or they failed at that. We have lost our leverage. If YRC goes down the non-unions win and then what are the chances of organizing Fed-Ex or Conway in the future? Their workers will be shown all the corpses of unionized carriers and asked if they want that future for themselves. It will be a compelling argument.

As a 30/60 man I qualify for a good pension and I am taking it next month. That opens up 5 starts a week for somebody currently on layoff, if the company survives. I just don't see how Chicago's actions are helping this situation. And if YRC does finally fail, what do you think the impact will be on the pension funds? (as if the current contribution freeze isn't bad enough)

I challenged the content of your post - you denigrate the poster. What's the matter - not enough grey matter in your head to refute what I said?? I thought you said earlier (12/09 to be exact) that you were a college graduate. Reading your posts it sounds more like you dropped out of grammar school! :nutkick:
You're not going to cry are you, I hate it when a woman cries.

RunDown and Triplex are two of the people on this forum who . . . actually . . . do . . . get it!

That is good to hear! :beerchug:

I admire the audacity of hope you have.
englandthumbs.gif
You think by Tuesday the bondholders will have a change of heart? I don't

The "BIG PICTURE" is becoming more clear every day. AND IT AINT PRETTY!!!!!
It's highly doubtful YRCW will survive, sad but painfully true.

Don't be surprised when the banks let us get the swap with less than the 95% approval! :shift:
Then why didn't they ask for less the first time? They knew just like we all knew they couldn't get the 95%, now you're just guessing the banks will allow them a lower percentage, got any proof?