FedEx Freight | City drivers $$$$$$

I'll tell you what burns my ass more than inside deliveries is that Apple Saturday deliver BS. Those co-cks expect some poor sap from each center to wreck his Saturday so he can work for an hour and a half delivering their stupid Apple products. I've had to do it twice in my lifetime and it was 2 times too many. Screw that!

who would want to work 55-58 hrs a week? I sure don't. One of the reasons I chose to stay in the city is because of the lower hrs and complete weekends off. To me, a weekend is from Friday evening ti Monday morning.

who would want to work 55-58 hrs a week? I sure don't. One of the reasons I chose to stay in the city is because of the lower hrs and complete weekends off. To me, a weekend is from Friday evening ti Monday morning.

My weekend is Thursday evening to Monday morning, I'm not complaining

Four whole years, my, aren't you the grizzled veteran.
So where does RC have to go to make 100k per year? Out here in the west where they fixed something that wasn't broken, that was/is an unattainable number for the most part, especially in Ca. After the "fix" my yard has a guy with 28 years that made 49k last year as a road driver on a day time run, best run he could get for daytime. You need thirty plus years to get one of the two 500 mi runs. Please remind me after I have thirty years in here how much money I can make. In the meantime my 22 years in linehaul will get me just over 60k this year.
And oh, by the way, GFY!.
R C i told you way back you are more than welcomed in North Dakota . You can make big money up here !

I'll tell you what burns my ass more than inside deliveries is that Apple Saturday deliver BS. Those co-cks expect some poor sap from each center to wreck his Saturday so he can work for an hour and a half delivering their stupid Apple products. I've had to do it twice in my lifetime and it was 2 times too many. Screw that!

had to do the Apple thing one Sat. and got over 6 hours ot for it. waited for over 1 hour for trailer too arrive, the load was supposed to be on one trailer and wasn't. I stripped 3 trailers before I found my load. OT was approved by Asst. TM.

Road and City make the same... At my center it's $23.85 per hr, and .6052 cpm. Break it down mathematically. I work 65 hrs a week on the Road. No overtime, with a little over 500 miles. Road drivers who don't work the dock, give up 1 hr a night for FREE. My base run is $ 1,808 with Drops/Hooks and Fueling plus Milage. If a city driver in my center works 65 hrs they get 40 hrs straight time- $954 + 25 hrs overtime at $35.77 per hr =$894.375 which = $1,848.375. City guys can actually make more. Don't forget that Road Driver quality of life sucks. I made the choice for my family, not myself. When my youngest kid graduates high school, I can think about doing something else. Working at night knocks 10 yrs off your life.It's not normal. Our bodies are designed to sleep when it's dark. The reason why there isn't a 1 board is because it makes people make a choice and decision that they have to live with.
Sup fellas ,I was just thinking,I have been here almost 4 years 2.5 as line haul driver and remainder city driver. I am not complaining and I know it will never change but city drivers should make more on hour than a line haul driver,your avg line haul driver with any decent time is going to make well over 80k to 100k . A city driver may make 40 to 60k and will never make much more.yes you guys work nights and more hours I just think its one hell of a night bonus,no I do not wanna work nights again just sayin I think city drivers should make a few bucks more per hour than line haul.

No not in North Dakota, but when I have been there I always wonder how everyone is so nice there, man the weather would get to me....

Um, I thought my hourly rate was the same as the city guys. And when I work the dock, I should maybe make more because I'm such an experienced 'yota driver?
Also, I think all those things that we do that are "it's part of your mileage rate, we don't pay for that" are being forgotten for the moment.

R C i told you way back you are more than welcomed in North Dakota . You can make big money up here !

Couple of little problems there. While being able to wear the fur lined thong year round sounds inviting, it does get a little uncomfortable during the last part of spring, little fragrant, too. Oh, back on track, the couple of little problems would be the wife, kids and grand kids wouldn't be there. Some things are a little more important than money.