Yellow | Clean Out Your Locker Today

I got nothing

TB Lurker
Credits
I can't believe this contract will pass but feel it will anyway.
I know, I know, but what if they close the doors tomorrow?
Take the day off tomorrow, have a fish fry, any celebrate what ever happens.
Good luck to all what ever happens!!!!

if you voted yes than you deserve to never and I mean never speak ill about this contract, the lack of pay, the crummy equipment, the prison like docks we work on, and most of all the lack of a real pension. Meanwhile the CEO just cashed in 200k worth of stock on April 30th. You have had nearly 10 years of 15% givebacks, a time where there was no pension contributions, and now 5 years of future 25% contribution to your pension. Some of you will say well the pensions are black holes with no possible returns, that may be true but make the company pay the full rate because its your pension and some of you have come to the end of the line and your pension has been destroyed. You may not be able to retire because of the lack of contributions which reduced your rate. The IBT has one thing on there mind, your paycheck so they can dip in once a month and get that due money. They could care less if you ever retire of have the option to retire with the good pay and benefits it shouldve brought. Its been written here about the raises, $4 over 5 years but yet some of you will say well thats great and we should vote yes all day for it but the devil is in the math details which have been listed in this forum. Vote yes for your pension to stay at 25%, crummy equipment etc. Vote no and send them back to the table to address the pension and the pay. Your non union competitors are paying more. Thats an insult. We use to be the kings of the road and now we are a third rate carrier. We did $5 billion in 2018, what if we got our act together cut down on repairs of trucks that are worth 3 to 5k at best, cut down on claims, deliver it on time (this means linehaul needs to get its act together) and pay us what we are worth. There has been no SEC filings that says the company is in dire financial straights. If they were they would have to report this. Its business as usual if you vote yes. Vote No and get the things you need to do your job - new equipment, pensions, pay thats on par with the competition, and a future. Take a look at your competitors and see how they operate compared to us. That says it all.

if you voted yes than you deserve to never and I mean never speak ill about this contract, the lack of pay, the crummy equipment, the prison like docks we work on, and most of all the lack of a real pension. Meanwhile the CEO just cashed in 200k worth of stock on April 30th. You have had nearly 10 years of 15% givebacks, a time where there was no pension contributions, and now 5 years of future 25% contribution to your pension. Some of you will say well the pensions are black holes with no possible returns, that may be true but make the company pay the full rate because its your pension and some of you have come to the end of the line and your pension has been destroyed. You may not be able to retire because of the lack of contributions which reduced your rate. The IBT has one thing on there mind, your paycheck so they can dip in once a month and get that due money. They could care less if you ever retire of have the option to retire with the good pay and benefits it shouldve brought. Its been written here about the raises, $4 over 5 years but yet some of you will say well thats great and we should vote yes all day for it but the devil is in the math details which have been listed in this forum. Vote yes for your pension to stay at 25%, crummy equipment etc. Vote no and send them back to the table to address the pension and the pay. Your non union competitors are paying more. Thats an insult. We use to be the kings of the road and now we are a third rate carrier. We did $5 billion in 2018, what if we got our act together cut down on repairs of trucks that are worth 3 to 5k at best, cut down on claims, deliver it on time (this means linehaul needs to get its act together) and pay us what we are worth. There has been no SEC filings that says the company is in dire financial straights. If they were they would have to report this. Its business as usual if you vote yes. Vote No and get the things you need to do your job - new equipment, pensions, pay thats on par with the competition, and a future. Take a look at your competitors and see how they operate compared to us. That says it all.
And don't get hit by the falling sky
You day crummy equipment but 95% of the equipment is new
You say 10 years of hell but you've had 10 years to leave
You say pay full pay into the pension even though it won't make it insolvent just to stick it to the company
You say the non union carriers are doing everything better but you punch a union clock everyday
Seems you work for the wrong company
Got up on the wrong side of the bed
Got the wrong mentality and
On the wrong side of the Vote
But Vote

wrong on the equipment. you see lots of 3 million mile specials rolling around and lets not talk about those leaky roadway trailers with the stickers in the roof that destroy customer freight, pay the full rate into the pension should be the most important thing. you are working for about $16 a day into your pension. pension statements just came out and its a horror show but you wanted that week of vacation about, about $900 but never mind that pension, have you seen odfl or adp or estes ? new equipment, uniformed drivers, hardly any returns daily, and all are making profit which they invest into new equipment and technology, have you seen any new forklifts ? I have forklifts that have 40k hours on them and they leak oil, smoke, overheat, have burned out lights and are used up but the ceo gets a big stock cash out on april 30th, you yes voters are like liberals, you have a serious mental illness. i punch the clock because i simply need the medical benefits. 24k in drug costs this year so far, i will be at 200k before the year ends. I am willing to go anywhere else if they offer me a day bid, and no weekends, and insurance that is on par with what i got. no new hires no one wants to work at yrc holland or new penn because of the trash we have to drive and have to live on the dock for decades. voted no and will encourage anyone i meet to vote no. get the pension right, get us on par with the competition and get us some equipment thats not worn out. stop drinking the kool aid.

Look at it this way, in 11 months you'll be just shy of 24.00 an hour for working the dock 6 hours a night and getting paid for 8.

Just vote how you see fit and stop trying to put a guilt trip on those that don't agree with you. If you don't like the results nobody is holding you here. Go find another job and hopefully happiness. It must really suck being you. My sympathy goes out to you and the people that have to be around you.

wrong on the equipment. you see lots of 3 million mile specials rolling around and lets not talk about those leaky roadway trailers with the stickers in the roof that destroy customer freight, pay the full rate into the pension should be the most important thing. you are working for about $16 a day into your pension. pension statements just came out and its a horror show but you wanted that week of vacation about, about $900 but never mind that pension, have you seen odfl or adp or estes ? new equipment, uniformed drivers, hardly any returns daily, and all are making profit which they invest into new equipment and technology, have you seen any new forklifts ? I have forklifts that have 40k hours on them and they leak oil, smoke, overheat, have burned out lights and are used up but the ceo gets a big stock cash out on april 30th, you yes voters are like liberals, you have a serious mental illness. i punch the clock because i simply need the medical benefits. 24k in drug costs this year so far, i will be at 200k before the year ends. I am willing to go anywhere else if they offer me a day bid, and no weekends, and insurance that is on par with what i got. no new hires no one wants to work at yrc holland or new penn because of the trash we have to drive and have to live on the dock for decades. voted no and will encourage anyone i meet to vote no. get the pension right, get us on par with the competition and get us some equipment thats not worn out. stop drinking the kool aid.

You need medical insurance costing $200,000.00 per year and this company you work for pays almost every penny of it for you and you complain. I would be thanking GOD every day.You will never have insurance like this again at a non union.You are bitter bro,if you try to be thankful for the things you have instead of miserable about the things you don't I promise you, your life will change for the better,instantly.

I hear a lot of guys complaining about the pension, and I agree we all want and deserve a well funded pension that does well so we can enjoy retirement comfortably when the time comes as we deserve to.

The companies argument which is a good argument is that paying more into collapsing funds isn’t going to save them. They got that point from OUR Union leaders own reports on the funds status long before the MOU’s.

If we want a funded pension then we need to be able to take the money being contributed on the employees behalf each week and have it put into a 401k which we can also contribute to,
there would be no argument from the company because they would still be paying the same amount for now.
The argument unfortunately seems to be with our own Union officials who are against it.

If we could accomplish this then we have a much stronger argument that could be made for the company contributing more towards THEIR employees retirement.

Vote. I care less which way, but you need to know that the Union didnt say the company or the banks would close the company on a no vote. The union said the Customers will close the company if theres a no vote. No employee decides if a customer decides to ship on another carrier. The customer decides, based on faith that his shipment wont get stuck, sitting because of a strike or closure. No frieght- no YRC.

id like to know how many of you complained about the pension but since they put that carrot out there for that week back your just so happy and say never mind that pension. do you know realize that you will have worked 15 years. nearly 4 presidential admins without a pension thats worth anything. you use to get over 17,000 a year now its 4400. think about that. meanwhile the ceo and everyone under them has cashed millions in stock, the ibt executives, ba's will all get there pensions at full rate and you will get about $3000 a month after 30 plus years. its like someone is telling you the bridge is out and yet you just wave as you go over the abyss. please for the love of god, vote no.. dont get short changed on your pensions and your raises. 5 years is an eternity.

You need medical insurance costing $200,000.00 per year and this company you work for pays almost every penny of it for you and you complain. I would be thanking GOD every day.You will never have insurance like this again at a non union.You are bitter bro,if you try to be thankful for the things you have instead of miserable about the things you don't I promise you, your life will change for the better,instantly.
im not miserable. i live in the real world not the fantasy land that a lot of you do. keep voting yes.. keep killing the pension until its totally gone. winners in here ill tell you.

I can't believe this contract will pass but feel it will anyway.
I know, I know, but what if they close the doors tomorrow?
Take the day off tomorrow, have a fish fry, any celebrate what ever happens.
Good luck to all what ever happens!!!!
Wait a darn minute here.... You have a locker???? Nowhere did I see that in the contract!! I don’t have a locker, this is crazy! I’m definitely voting ‘NO’ until this is addressed by the National Committee!!

Wait a darn minute here.... You have a locker???? Nowhere did I see that in the contract!! I don’t have a locker, this is crazy! I’m definitely voting ‘NO’ until this is addressed by the National Committee!!

I'd contact Wong about the locker El. He has pull with the executive suite.