Yellow | Clean Out Your Locker Today

im not miserable. i live in the real world not the fantasy land that a lot of you do. keep voting yes.. keep killing the pension until its totally gone. winners in here ill tell you.

I voted "No," but for other reasons. The pension fund is done wether this contract passes or not. Too many union trucking companies have gone out of business leaving basically only YRC & ABF paying into the pension fund from the freight division. What do you think was going to happen when (for example) 200,000 retirees are drawing a pension with only 50,000 freight workers paying in many only at 25%. The fund can't survive. And honestly getting back a week of vacation is just a damn joke. What stopped me from voting "Yes" was this bs that we were getting a raise. The only thing we got was a 12% wage cut instead of 15%. If the pension was not going to be addressed in some way and we were only getting $4 over five years I wanted the full rate restored on day one. I'm a "No" vote because all some of us got was a year of vacation back.

Vote. I care less which way, but you need to know that the Union didnt say the company or the banks would close the company on a no vote. The union said the Customers will close the company if theres a no vote. No employee decides if a customer decides to ship on another carrier. The customer decides, based on faith that his shipment wont get stuck, sitting because of a strike or closure. No frieght- no YRC.

We don't care about facts and reality Jimmy.
We want our 15% and a fair contract.

Changed my mind on the sleeper teams.This is my new partner.I agreed to drive for .30 cent per mile.
ROWRjnA.jpg

I voted "No," but for other reasons. The pension fund is done wether this contract passes or not. Too many union trucking companies have gone out of business leaving basically only YRC & ABF paying into the pension fund from the freight division. What do you think was going to happen when (for example) 200,000 retirees are drawing a pension with only 50,000 freight workers paying in many only at 25%. The fund can't survive. And honestly getting back a week of vacation is just a damn joke. What stopped me from voting "Yes" was this bs that we were getting a raise. The only thing we got was a 12% wage cut instead of 15%. If the pension was not going to be addressed in some way and we were only getting $4 over five years I wanted the full rate restored on day one. I'm a "No" vote because all some of us got was a year of vacation back.

I respect you.You know what is going on and vote what your heart tells you.
The ones that have no clue either yes or no voting concern me....although
I do think the 15% back all at once would have them operating at a buck20 and be hemorrhaging cash like we were before this whole mess started.