ODFL | Cleaning House!!!

Grumpy O' Man

TB Veteran
Credits
Heard this week we lost some driver's all over from Social Media post's.We lost line driver for posting picture of sitting in traffic and for falsifying log by taking his 30 while sitting in traffic.My opinion in all this is if you are stupid enough to do it then you deserve to be fired.:hide:
Be careful out and think about your actions

Heard this week we lost some driver's all over from Social Media post's.We lost line driver for posting picture of sitting in traffic and for falsifying log by taking his 30 while sitting in traffic.My opinion in all this is if you are stupid enough to do it then you deserve to be fired.:hide:

That driver must have been on their radar. That's another reason why Truckingboards is my only source of social media. I do not trust anyone.

And that's why my Facebook Page is Privacy tight and nothing to do with OD or anyone that is employed with them.
Same here, Ken. My FB page is locked down pretty tight. Maybe 20 friends total on it, and most are classmates I’ve known since the 60’s...WAY before my trucking days. I rarely post, and when I do I never post work-related stuff.

Not sure.I deleted them all.Had a driver tell me.We got a message first of the week about handheld devices.I figured they had canned some people because of message.

They always put no handheld devices in the monthly meeting paperwork. Cameras are coming if guys keep doing stupid stuff like that.

Have posted pictures of my full trailer.Or at a point of interest.Usually don't include the numbers if I can keep it out of the pic.But I'm also not on the OD driver page nor do I have very many Co workers as FB friends.

IIRC GG is big into technology .I wouldn't doubt if someone in Corp monitors that stuff some kind of way.

Have posted pictures of my full trailer.Or at a point of interest.Usually don't include the numbers if I can keep it out of the pic.But I'm also not on the OD driver page nor do I have very many Co workers as FB friends.

IIRC GG is big into technology .I wouldn't doubt if someone in Corp monitors that stuff some kind of way.
Nothing wrong with that.It's when you take a picture when you are driving or sitting behind the wheel in a road or hwy

Last edited:

You’re absolutely right, Lone Ranger. When I was at Conway, I noticed a pretty sharp BMW near me at one of my stops. The dude had a white shirt and a tie on. My next stop was 4 miles away, and guess who I see show up about 30 seconds after me. Yep, white-shirt boy. Coincidence? Maybe. I stared him down pretty good...eye contact and all! Companies have people like this everywhere.

They do.Department and that's all they do.

Well thats how we ended up with driver facing cameras at Saia. Jackasses taking pics and videos going down the road looking up stuff on internet instead of doing what they were hired to do...DRIVE ! We had a few high dollar wrecks that were determined to be caused by distracted driving and now we have cameras staring at us. Hopefully yall can prevent the cameras , we had alot of good drivers come over to O.D. because of the cameras. Just use your damn common sense and cut the crap whoever you drive for.

Nothing wrong with that.It's when you take a picture when you are driving or sitting behind the wheel in a road or hwy
I take pictures of trailers in different yards, before I hook. I document them as proof. It’s amazing that some employees don’t realize what responsibilities they have to insure that a trailer is legal or doesn’t have holes in it. Also I don’t Facebook.